Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 02:28 PM

473 posts, read 1,245,504 times

Advertisements

I've found this site is full of liberals. I'm not surprised.

Just curious, if Bush is so evil and such a moron, what would Democrats do? Let's say Iran goes nuclear and gets a nuclear weapon, WWDD?
Let's say we pull out of Iraq and Alqaeda pour in in droves and take over the country, WWDD?
Let's say we have another terrorist attack on US soil, WWDD?
Let's say a nuclear Iran fires at Israel, WWDD?

Since liberals don't understand that this is a GLOBAL economy and what happens in the middle east DOES effect us, I'm curious how your "stay out of their business and they will stay out of ours" approach will work?

Also, if Saudi Arabia is attacked by terrorists and oil supply is threatened and gas goes to $10/gallon and our service economy is crippled and since we have the biggest economy on the planet other economies would also collapse, WWDD?

It's easy to sit back and judge, I'm curious WWDD?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 02:29 PM

863 posts, read 2,784,910 times
Listen to rap music.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:30 PM

Democrats already do. The majority of African Americans are Democrats. Keep that poverty cycle going Skye1974!

Old 03-20-2008, 02:40 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod2828 View Post

Just curious, if Bush is so evil and such a moron, what would Democrats do? Let's say Iran goes nuclear and gets a nuclear weapon, WWDD?
Let's say we pull out of Iraq and Alqaeda pour in in droves and take over the country, WWDD?

Since liberals don't understand that this is a GLOBAL economy and what happens in the middle east DOES effect us, I'm curious how your "stay out of their business and they will stay out of ours" approach will work?
First of all, "Liberal" or as some call it, "Progressives", are usually in favor of interventionist policies. This why George Bush is such a militant liberal. He wishes to progress American will upon others through the point of a sword.

A traditional conservative would be more concerned first with managing sound fiscal policy and a rational non-military interventionist policy. In other words, making sure our yard was picked up before complaining about the neighbors.

Lets face it, Bush has expanded the federal government greater than anyone since FDR, he is spending the nations treasury dry through a war of CHOICE at the expense of our national infrastructure and personal liberty.

Quote:
Also, if Saudi Arabia is attacked by terrorists and oil supply is threatened and gas goes to $10/gallon and our service economy is crippled and since we have the biggest economy on the planet other economies would also collapse, WWDD?
We don't have to worry about terrorist attacking the Saudi's, the American dollar won't be worth a Peso at the rate we are going. This is the fault of several Presidential administrations via lack of oversight of the Fed and the maestro himself, who started this whole race to the bottom.

Quote:
Who is sitting back, I, like most other people are paying for these mistakes each day when I buy a gallon of milk or gas, or a loaf of bread. While I can't say what Democrats would do (other than maybe raise taxes), if you want to know what a liberal would do, just ask Bush or Cheney, just make sure they aren't carrying when you do.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:45 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,886,507 times
Quote:
Let's say Iran goes nuclear and gets a nuclear weapon, WWDD?

Iran is full of fanatics, but they aren't stupid. They know that if they attacked us with one nuke, 1,000 nukes would come raining down on Tehran, and there would be no Iran left. Remember the USSR and nuclear deterence? And what makes you think Iran is any better at building nukes than N. Korea? Remeber theirs?

Too bad for them. I guess they'll need to install another dictator to control them. We sure can't stop the insurgency. As it is, Al Queda is probably stronger in Iraq than any other country right now, so where would they come from?

Well then we would have to do something. But let's stop doing what causes terrorism. No more meddling, nation building.

Israel is a big boy and has over 300 of their own nukes. Once again, Iranians are not stupid. A nuclear attack on anyone would bring about the destruction of Persia. Nuclear deterence 101.
I am far from Democratic. I'm to the right of the Republican party. But I can answer the questions, not what the Democrats would do though. They'd do the same as Republicans in most of these cases which would make a situation worse.

Missed the question about Saudi Araba being attacked by terrorists. Saudi Arabia is a terrorist nation. It is ruled by an oppresive, fundamentalists Islamic theocracy, not much different from Iran really. They teach hate for America in their public schools, not really our best friends in the first place. A terrorist attack bringing the fall of Saudi royalty might be an improvement.

Last edited by jufrbo; 03-20-2008 at 02:53 PM..

Old 03-20-2008, 03:04 PM

1,573 posts, read 4,063,393 times
Quote:

Just curious, if Bush is so evil and such a moron, what would Democrats do?
Impeachment

Quote:
Let's say Iran goes nuclear and gets a nuclear weapon, WWDD?
Diplomacy? Iran can't just get a nuclear weapon and the US not know about it. That's why we have the CIA and the NSA, right?

Quote:
That presupposes that the level of al-Qaeda activity would increase if the US left Iraq.

Let's get real. There are al-Qaeda all over the world. They don't need a "base" to operate from. Fighting terrorism by bombing countries doesn't work all that well.

Quote:
Pout? Seriously, why wouldn't Democrats be able to respond to a terrorist attack?

Quote:
Go to war with Iran.

Quote:
What is the US gaining by military intervention, exactly? Military intervention without even a realistic end goal is just a waste of time. There are other options to deal with terrorism beyond bombs and soldiers.

Quote:
Greenspan, Bernanke, and Bush have already screwed up the US economy. It can't get that much worse.

Quote:
Run a government based on rationality, secularism, and empiricism. Not platitudes, glittering generalities, and jingoism?

Old 03-20-2008, 04:18 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:

Since you have many questions how about answering one:

WHAT are you doing other than taking the easy route of sitting back and judging?

Old 03-20-2008, 04:26 PM

It's burdell again.. the guy who prejudges who is or isn't a patriot. I own my own business, make really good money and pay lots of taxes. I also stay out of trouble, plan to have babies to pay for your social security, and plan to have educated babies who will be productive members of society.

It's nice to hear from you. Hope you are doing well.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:32 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,999,520 times
I have to say you seem a little prickly.

WWJRD? Just curious.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:41 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,532 times
Quote:

They would do nothing, maybe have a 10 year investigation while giving themselves a raise in pay every 6 months. They can not even get along with each other....What a bunch of idiots.........Carrie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies