Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 02:20 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
I wouldn't even worry about it. You are just getting comments from a bunch of Fox News junkies trying to pass the needle around so everyone is as brain dead as they are. Misery loves company.

There are always going to be a few who don't take compliments well or are taught to fear and not speak to strangers under any circumstance. I am sure you know that.

I brought up a group of high school boys to show how dumb some of these comments are. They know better, they also know what is appropriate to say and they aren't "afraid of women". We all know what hijinks a group of HS boys can get into. This is pretty tame stuff compared to what they could be doing.

If you have seen FOX you might want to notice all the ads for gold and silver (in between the adult diaper commercials). They want to make money by creating "fake fear" so the gullible ones will think the end of the world is coming and buy what they are selling. Follow the money......

Damn, all of theses liberals have crystal balls. I find it hilarious how they know everything about everybody and how they think. It's amazing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2017, 02:24 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
FOX news and that oxy-soaked talk show are what`s ruined this country. 2 university studies found that my german shepherd knows more than FOX viewers.

STUDY: Watching Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All - Business Insider
FOX News is definitely bad for America.

Old 12-16-2017, 02:34 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,507,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Online dating has existed for sometime now. Match launched in 1995. eHarmony launched in August 2000. Plentyoffish launched 2003. OKCupid launched in January 2004. So yeah it rangws from 13 to 20 years for most of them. All i was saying is that women do this to men but may not be as overt.

As to your question of why people now use online, I answer that with another question, why did people use personals in the newspaper? To me an online dating profile is a modernized personal ad. Intact, it isn't as likely to get passed up because people who want to look will find it.
What has happened to meeting people organically? It makes it a LOT easier to cut through the BS and eliminate the "numbers game" if you just talk to people in person. They can also SEE what you look like and pick up on your body language. No man has to be "hot" either or worry about what he looks like (Unless of course, he only approaches women that look like models). Only a tiny minute segment of the population looks like Shrek. LOL Maybe in our selfie/Instagram obsessed society people forget that.

No man can use the excuse of #MeToo for being afraid or reluctant or whatever to approach women. As you stated (for whatever reason) people have resorted to internet dating for YEARS. I don't agree with it. Not to get off topic, but just wanted to give another opinion as I feel it is just one more thing dividing the sexes.

Old 12-16-2017, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Damn, all of theses liberals have crystal balls. I find it hilarious how they know everything about everybody and how they think. It's amazing.
Nope, not an opinion I got from the internet. Just plenty of doses of "Fox News Crazy" I have gotten in person time and time again. Sad that people can't think for themselves...people are weak...I have never been one to follow the sheeple.

Old 12-16-2017, 02:59 PM

9,908 posts, read 9,579,736 times
Ironically, with all this talk about how people's words and actions are now being considered hostile, its almost like people want to go back to the 1950's prudish/non-sexual time, since the consequences of the hippie/baby boomer/sex drugs & rock and roll generation/activities/train of thought plus the 1980's and 1990's where a sexual environment was welcome, are we now turning back to the 1950's where people were more conservative and naturally respectful of each other more, back then there was none of this talk. Though i think some of this is people being too overly sensitive, so now you cant say "she's hot' (Paris Hilton phrase).

Old 12-16-2017, 03:02 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
What has happened to meeting people organically? It makes it a LOT easier to cut through the BS and eliminate the "numbers game" if you just talk to people in person. They can also SEE what you look like and pick up on your body language. No man has to be "hot" either or worry about what he looks like (Unless of course, he only approaches women that look like models). Only a tiny minute segment of the population looks like Shrek. LOL Maybe in our selfie/Instagram obsessed society people forget that.

No man can use the excuse of #MeToo for being afraid or reluctant or whatever to approach women. As you stated (for whatever reason) people have resorted to internet dating for YEARS. I don't agree with it. Not to get off topic, but just wanted to give another opinion as I feel it is just one more thing dividing the sexes.
You are trying to combine the issues. They are similar but different. No I was not saying that I can and should claim sexual harassment from online dating. If you got that from my post, you are reading something that isn't there in either post.

What I will say is there are more and more people are more adverse to the bar seen and let's face it, work isn't a place for dating due to sexual harassment worries. This makes online dating far more of an option. The days of personals or even online dating "is for the losers" are gone.

Old 12-16-2017, 03:12 PM

Quote:
You are trying to combine the issues. They are similar but different. No I was not saying that I can and should claim sexual harassment from online dating. If you got that from my post, you are reading something that isn't there in either post.

What I will say is there are more and more people are more adverse to the bar seen and let's face it, work isn't a place for dating due to sexual harassment worries. This makes online dating far more of an option. The days of personals or even online dating "is for the losers" are gone.
Sorry if you thought there was some misunderstanding on my part. I was only replying to this part of your post: Online dating sucks for men. If you aren't cute, good luck because of the numbers game. Even if it is simply subconscious.

If it sucks why do it? This isn't directed at you personally. I hear this a lot from others. You know what they say the definition of insanity is.....This is why I have the opinion of online dating that I do. No harm, no foul here.

Old 12-16-2017, 04:21 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Sorry if you thought there was some misunderstanding on my part. I was only replying to this part of your post: Online dating sucks for men. If you aren't cute, good luck because of the numbers game. Even if it is simply subconscious.

If it sucks why do it? This isn't directed at you personally. I hear this a lot from others. You know what they say the definition of insanity is.....This is why I have the opinion of online dating that I do. No harm, no foul here.
To be fair, traditional dating or blind dating can also be used in the same definition of insanity explanation of online dating if you really think about it. Any method of dating that don't work out for you but you continue to go down that avenue is that. Have four bad blind date match-ups, maybe you shouldn't use your friends as your wingman. The barscene don't work, stop doing it.

Old 12-16-2017, 04:34 PM

I have to thread jack this with some comedy. I have made several posts and someone posted last night they were going to make an effort not to be part of the C-D "downer crew" so to speak. I have to agree.

I mentioned a group of high school boys I witnessed who didn't get the message of the thread title. There were 5 of them hanging out like they were the "One Direction" crew and talking with everybody. The women passing by got the compliments. They sure didn't look like the One Direction boys. More like an older version of the "Stranger Things" cast. LOL The boy saying the most was heavy set and looked like a younger version of the late Chris Farley. Didn't matter what they looked like. They were just owning it and having a good time. Cracked everybody up who saw it.

Replace the pretty boys in this video with what I described and you will get a laugh too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1xs_xPb46M

Old 12-16-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
To be fair, traditional dating or blind dating can also be used in the same definition of insanity explanation of online dating if you really think about it. Any method of dating that don't work out for you but you continue to go down that avenue is that. Have four bad blind date match-ups, maybe you shouldn't use your friends as your wingman. The barscene don't work, stop doing it.
I get what you are saying. My generation is so screwed up too. They can't figure out dating either. I posted something above you may find amusing. After a point you just have to laugh. Maybe these younger people are seeing how stupid it all is. The guys I described are far from models but won't have problems meeting anyone their age in person. No pick up artist crap, stupid lines or nasty comments. Just keeping it real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies