Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 07:23 AM

7,808 posts, read 6,387,167 times

Advertisements

We need competent people to have more babies and 3rd world dependents to have fewer, or even better, none.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2017, 07:24 AM

776 posts, read 393,898 times
Last time I checked, less people born = less people on welfare.

Old 12-16-2017, 07:24 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
https://theslot.jezebel.com/paul-rya...ies-1821293804

I found this to be hypocritical coming from the GOP. We see it here every day. Do not have babies unless you can afford them. Guess what? Many people can't afford health insurance, good schools, daycare, etc. Don't complain when you get what you ask for.
A politician being a hypocrite? Shocked I am; oh so shocked.

Old 12-16-2017, 07:30 AM

1,400 posts, read 862,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
https://theslot.jezebel.com/paul-rya...ies-1821293804

I found this to be hypocritical coming from the GOP. We see it here every day. Do not have babies unless you can afford them. Guess what? Many people can't afford health insurance, good schools, daycare, etc. Don't complain when you get what you ask for.
The Democrat solution is to import millions of poor laborers, who will then eventually bring in their families through chain migration. I'd rather subsidize Americans having kids because at least they are familiar with our history and values. It needs to be cheaper to raise kids, otherwise we run the risk of losing America as we know it. The GOP tax plan is a step in the right direction. Why should we be subsidizing the high birth rates of impoverished 3rd world countries? Taking care of our own should be a much higher priority.

Old 12-16-2017, 07:35 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
How can hard working Americans like me afford kids when we are stuck paying for everyone elses kids, entitlements, taxes, etc? If I got my fair share, I would happily reproduce, but as conservative logic dictates, if you can't afford it, than don't.
Taxes are low and have not increased in the past 40 years. Thats not the issue. The issue is the massive inequality caused by a corrupt system of campaign finance where ever more wealth and income is funneled into the hands of the ruling donor class.

Old 12-16-2017, 07:53 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
The Democrat solution is to import millions of poor laborers, who will then eventually bring in their families through chain migration. I'd rather subsidize Americans having kids because at least they are familiar with our history and values. It needs to be cheaper to raise kids, otherwise we run the risk of losing America as we know it. The GOP tax plan is a step in the right direction. Why should we be subsidizing the high birth rates of impoverished 3rd world countries? Taking care of our own should be a much higher priority.
I couldn't agree more.

Old 12-16-2017, 07:58 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
What is a fair wage ? If we are going to be specific that would be good place to start.
The going rate rather than what these greedy employers have been paying illegal aliens for years now. Construction workers for example have had their wages reduced or laid off due to the large supply of illegal alien workers. IT workers have been undercut by visa holders also.

Old 12-16-2017, 08:05 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
The poorer the population, the higher the fertility rate.

Countries with the most social benefits tend to have a substantially lower birth rate than countries with no social benefits.

Old 12-16-2017, 08:07 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
And you believe him? If you believe so then please post a link proving it from a viable, unbiased source. Are these jobs that supposedly have a labor shortage paying a fair wage?
Yes I believe him. He's right. Baby Boomers are aging out of the workforce and there aren't enough people to replace them.

Who cares if they are paying a fair wage right? People are supposed to just be happy to have a job. At least that's what I've read here.

Old 12-16-2017, 08:10 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Not to mention, no paid family and medical leave, so many women have to choose between a job or having children. And worker's rights being one of the worst in the developed world, like the sick leave and overtime pay situation for most workers. Not conducive to family life.
Another excellent point and one I had forgotten about. (Its been quite a few years since I've had babies)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies