Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 08:09 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
I watched the Tavis Smiley interview on Good Morning today. He spoke of the guilty by accusation climate in his meeting. Which they only consented to by threat of lawsuit. However in 3 hours of meeting he was not able to find any information. We need new laws to protect the falsely accused.
We do indeed new laws to protect the falsely accused! It has went too far now. It is being used to ruin people.

I have a friend that was brutally raped and went through a trial. It took 2 years to come to trial. The rapist was not convicted. All kinds of things came up that were interesting, in some cases, women will actually cause harm to themselves in ways to make it look like a sexual assault/rape took place (being a woman, I just can't imagine doing something like that to myself ), so the desperation of someone trying to make someone pay or someone getting paid to alledge something seems to have no limits. The friend has filed a civil case, and the rapist has filed a civil case basically on defamation of character I believe. This should be interesting.

Defamation of character: https://thelawdictionary.org/article...aracter-claim/ They claim it is very hard to prove, and this would be a civil case.

WikiLaw, How to Sue for Defamation of Character: https://www.wikihow.com/Sue-for-Defamation I would think if a few civil cases were filed and actually resulted in some stiff financial penalties, it might send a message to not "alledge" things that you can't prove.

Most women and men were capable of saying "No" before the age of 2, so..............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2017, 09:03 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
I find it interesting that this weapon that the far left aimed at the right/far right has gone completely out of control and is taking out people no matter what political bent they have, a lot like a hand grenade tossed into a large group of strangers you've got no idea who will get hit by the flying shrapnel.

This all started years ago with selectively targeting groups of people and then demonizing them on social media and across the airwaves, totally destroying their lives guilty of the charges or not. What's REALLY funny is many of these people who gleefully targeted others for profit and market share gain have been hit and destroyed by this virus of their own making.

Someone finally figured out that they could do the same to their opponents (instead of just the defenseless public) but it seems this virus got out of containment and is now taking out everyone it touches.
Ain't life a bitc#

Old 12-18-2017, 09:12 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
I watched the Tavis Smiley interview on Good Morning today. He spoke of the guilty by accusation climate in his meeting. Which they only consented to by threat of lawsuit. However in 3 hours of meeting he was not able to find any information. We need new laws to protect the falsely accused.
They should at least tell the accused what they did.

Old 12-18-2017, 12:33 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Tavis Smiley also said that he's had "multiple sexual encounters" with employees, all consensual. He also said that PBS wouldn't identify the women, and added that the women described a "hostile" work environment.

So what? That's my response to what I've heard so far (not much different to my response to Chris Matthews' allegations). Men's careers are being ruined thanks to nameless accusers, who conjured up a "hostile" environment because a guy made a pass or, in the case of Matthews, told raunchy jokes in a group setting. Gimmeabreak.

In two days, I've defended Chris Matthews and Tavis Smiley.

Kill me now.

Old 12-18-2017, 12:40 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Tavis Smiley also said that he's had "multiple sexual encounters" with employees, all consensual. He also said that PBS wouldn't identify the women, and added that the women described a "hostile" work environment.

So what? That's my response to what I've heard so far (not much different to my response to Chris Matthews' allegations). Men's careers are being ruined thanks to nameless accusers, who conjured up a "hostile" environment because a guy made a pass or, in the case of Matthews, told raunchy jokes in a group setting. Gimmeabreak.

In two days, I've defended Chris Matthews and Tavis Smiley.

Kill me now.

Well maybe they were 'consensual" in his mind but not in the women's. His accusers might have felt that they had to sleep with him in order to keep their jobs.

I know that he's been on the air for a while but how many co workers did he sleep with that he couldn't start guessing who his accusers might be?

Old 12-18-2017, 12:44 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Tavis is a beeeeyotch. I believe it’s true.

Old 12-18-2017, 01:00 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
I wonder if he is on the impeach Trump bandwagon...

Old 12-18-2017, 01:07 PM

833 posts, read 521,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Breitbart, huh?
What's your problem with Breitbart? Have you ever read it?

Old 12-18-2017, 01:16 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,812,053 times
So... not for nothing he's been a rumored manwhore for years and it was known he was sleeping with women on the set of his shows, particularly the young female production assistants.

While he may have a point about due process, he's not really the one to claim innocence. His reputation was similar to Matt Lauer's.

You can't run through that many employees in this day and age and not know it's at least a little bit problematic. SMH.

Old 12-18-2017, 01:17 PM

833 posts, read 521,007 times
None of us should relish this environment of straight-up, brazen extortion. All one has to do is say that the consensual sex he/she had was non-consensual and not a single person on this planet can prove otherwise. Ironically, I happen to think this #metoo junk has backfired magnificently. What was unquestionably a tact taken by the left to aim for Donald Trump has opened up a can of worms for Democrats and liberals.

What's the sexual misconduct tally up to now? Something like 200 liberals to 10 conservatives. Liberals have suffered massively. Some of it justified. Some of it not.

Let this be a lesson. Not every idea is a good idea. Not every outrage is worth being vocal about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies