Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 01:14 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
In this thread, right-wing simpletons and xenophobes rush in to bash a thriving social democracy that embraces its newfound diversity, before they understand the story.
Newfound diversity! That's an amazing phrase! Muslim men raping young blonde girls is progress?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 01:18 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Keep dancing around the obvious. Good thing you'll probably be dead before viking Shieldmaidens are traded for jihadi hijabis as the ideal Danish or Swedish folk heroes.
Dunno, man. My family lives in Scandinavia, most of my childhood friends, I travel there once per year, I read Norwegian, Danish and Swedish without a problem, I follow television from that part of the world. I think I may have a clearer view than stateside alarmists - particularly as I've seen them lie again and again.

Old 12-19-2017, 01:19 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I guess Sweden's "leaders" think the pros of this type of immigration is a big plus, paying for it in this manner is worth it to them. I wonder how most citizens feel?

In ALL countries of Europe except 2 or 3 recently polled (Spain, UK and one other, I believe) a vast majority of the public wanted a COMPLETE END to immigration from the Muslim world.

Not a slow down, not a "temporary ban" a la Trump.... but a complete END.

Predictably, the leaders of Europe are heading further and further to the left, however, doubling down on the commitment to putting the citizens of the Middle East and North Africa ahead of the desires of the citizenry.

The results of that are being seen across Europe, as right wing parties (the only ones willing to talk about the issue) are making steady gains and coming dangerously close to power with each election. To the point where centrists and leftists have to console themselves with, for example, the fact that far-right parties ONLY come in second place in an election.

Old 12-19-2017, 01:38 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
How can we point fingers at Sweden or wherever when our own retirement age has been raising for the past several years?

And Paul Ryan promising to raise it further??
In that case we need to reduce our immigration. There is no way in hell Americans should have to work longer to support people who aren't Americans.

Old 12-19-2017, 01:55 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Dunno, man. My family lives in Scandinavia, most of my childhood friends, I travel there once per year, I read Norwegian, Danish and Swedish without a problem, I follow television from that part of the world. I think I may have a clearer view than stateside alarmists - particularly as I've seen them lie again and again.
How about next time you go back to the land of Volvo, find out what rights Swedes have. Take a look at their Constitution.

Can one use deadly force against an attacker? What kind of handguns do most Swedes own? What level of health care can one get with a few weeks notice. Whilst employed and in retirement.

Let us know.

Old 12-19-2017, 01:56 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

And yet, the Sweden Democrats have traded first place in the polls for the past couple of years. Surely the people of Sweden (except your "friends" who are probably like-minded multi-culturalists like yourself) have their finger on the pulse of something that you're missing.

Sweden has also moved to restrict the reporting of ethnic background of criminals. Sweden took in the equivalent of 2% of its entire population in just one year from cultures that are absolutely and diametrically opposite of everything Sweden purports to stand for.

There are grenade attacks in Malmo. Reports of police being unable to enter certain neighborhoods. Article after article of absurd results in criminal cases largely involving unprecedented sex and gang rape attacks of women by "southern" men......

"Stateside alarmists" are not subject to the self-imposed censorship from the land that LITERALLY is responsible for the phenomena known as "Stockholm Syndrome."

Old 12-19-2017, 02:02 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,449,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Russian news sources state WHY they are raising the retirement age
Russia's current retirement age for women is 55. For men, 60.

A healthy 56 y.o. woman is already a "pensioner" and lives on government holdouts. This is a ridiculous age to be retired, to start with. Russia is overdue to raise its retirement age.

Posting "by omission", as well?

Old 12-19-2017, 02:41 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Well duh ....

I doubt anyone is considering sanctions or invasion.

But perhaps we can discuss it?
Nah

Old 12-19-2017, 03:06 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
And yet, the Sweden Democrats have traded first place in the polls for the past couple of years. Surely the people of Sweden (except your "friends" who are probably like-minded multi-culturalists like yourself) have their finger on the pulse of something that you're missing.

Sweden has also moved to restrict the reporting of ethnic background of criminals. Sweden took in the equivalent of 2% of its entire population in just one year from cultures that are absolutely and diametrically opposite of everything Sweden purports to stand for.

There are grenade attacks in Malmo. Reports of police being unable to enter certain neighborhoods. Article after article of absurd results in criminal cases largely involving unprecedented sex and gang rape attacks of women by "southern" men......

"Stateside alarmists" are not subject to the self-imposed censorship from the land that LITERALLY is responsible for the phenomena known as "Stockholm Syndrome."
You're certainly entitled to your point of view.

Old 12-19-2017, 03:15 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,066,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitmeyer View Post
You can't possibly be this naive. Do you think plugging your ears, stomping your feet, and shouting racism! is actually an argument?

Sweden has been destroying its culture since the 70's through destructive immigration policy, bringing in people who have no intention of becoming Swedes or assimilating. These are mostly Muslims from the middle east and north Africa. At this rate in a few generations, Swedes will be a minority in their own country.

By the way, Islam is a religion, not a race.
Not true at all
Sweden immigration
45% Europe (95%+ non-islamic)
20% Other (95%+ non Islamic)
30% Islamic (80% as some countries under here have millions of non Muslims and are just majority Islamic)
5% for variation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies