Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 11:54 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Well if you are the one percent you are going to do just great with the tax plan. The middle class and poor will suffer.
I'm middle class and saving over a thousand dollars. That's not chump change!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2017, 11:57 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Any day now. He needed replacing (health wise) months ago.
I voted Kirkpatrick for the reason of him being in office for longer than I've been alive. I'm not to blame, even if I like McCain. I hope he and his family have a great Christmas time and he recovers again, just so I don't have to hear that ***** Kelli Ward complain about not being my Senator again...

Old 12-18-2017, 12:19 AM

4,710 posts, read 7,102,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
McCain has same brain cancer Beau Biden died from. There is no cure.
No, there is no cure, but often people live for several years, and, depending on where the tumor is, they can have vital, useful lives. Do you know how long Beau Biden lived between his diagnosis and his death? I don't.

Old 12-18-2017, 12:51 AM

8,390 posts, read 7,646,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
No, there is no cure, but often people live for several years, and, depending on where the tumor is, they can have vital, useful lives. Do you know how long Beau Biden lived between his diagnosis and his death? I don't.
According to an article written after Beau Biden's death (link below), he lived for two years after his initial diagnosis.

He was, however, only 44 when he was diagnosed, and McCain is 81, so that might factor in.

Like McCain, he also kept working (as Maryland's Attorney General) after his initial treatment.

By the way, according to the National Cancer Institute, about 23,000 people in the U.S. are diagnosed each year with brain cancer, and 14,000 people die from it each year.

With state-of-the-art treatment, people live an average of 14.6 months after being diagnosed with glioblastoma. Just 33.3% of patients with all brain or nervous system cancers (not just glioblastoma) survive past five years, compared with 89.4% for people with breast cancer.

The Facts About Beau Biden's Cancer - Health

Old 12-18-2017, 12:53 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Yep, conservatives are salivating at his death. Don't worry, soon you'll be able to take that victory lap.

They don't like decorated veterans with more class and patriotism than them who dare to think for themselves.
I am a veteran of Vietnam having served from 1968 to 1969 with the 1st Infantry Division. As far as decorations I have the usual and a Bronze Star awarded for action on December 29, 1968.

That said I don't think much of John McCain and in fact I think he's a little coward having left his first wife after she became crippled in an accident while waiting on him. John McCain was just a little man who wanted the legs and the money and he married both. The very mention of his name makes me want to puke.

Old 12-18-2017, 03:32 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I am a veteran of Vietnam having served from 1968 to 1969 with the 1st Infantry Division. As far as decorations I have the usual and a Bronze Star awarded for action on December 29, 1968.

That said I don't think much of John McCain and in fact I think he's a little coward having left his first wife after she became crippled in an accident while waiting on him. John McCain was just a little man who wanted the legs and the money and he married both. The very mention of his name makes me want to puke.
How decent of you. Do you know all the circumstances? Your post, with the exception of the first heroic paragraph, makes me want to puke.

Old 12-18-2017, 03:44 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
How decent of you. Do you know all the circumstances? Your post, with the exception of the first heroic paragraph, makes me want to puke.
Marriages don't always survive but you can find something to admire in the way McCain treated his first wife?

Ted Sampley, who fought with US Special Forces in Vietnam and is now a leading campaigner for veterans’ rights, said: ‘I have been following John McCain’s career for nearly 20 years. I know him personally. There is something wrong with this guy and let me tell you what it is – deceit.

‘When he came home and saw that Carol was not the beauty he left behind, he started running around on her almost right away. Everybody around him knew it.

‘Eventually he met Cindy and she was young and beautiful and very wealthy. At that point McCain just dumped Carol for something he thought was better.

‘This is a guy who makes such a big deal about his character. He has no character. He is a fake. If there was any character in that first marriage, it all belonged to Carol.’

Read more: The wife John McCain callously left behind | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Old 12-18-2017, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
John McCain's daughter Meghan posted this on Twitter today:

My father is doing well and we are all looking forward to spending Christmas together in Arizona. If you’re feeling charitable this Christmas @HeadfortheCure or @NBTStweets to help find a cure for brain cancer is what I recommend.

Direct links to the two organization's websites:

National Brain Tumor Society

Head For The Cure

I'm sharing this here in case anyone is interested in donating to a good cause, instead of arguing about politics.

Have a good week, everyone.
Thank you, for posting this. John McCain has always been a hero and great man to me. I wish him less pain and comfort this Christmas Holiday. It's wonderful that he has such a loving family.

How lucky America has been to have such a great leader as Senator McCain. Seems like he has been open minded and reached across the aisle, always. If he wants to come back to work, great; if not, stay with his family. He is a fighter, but maybe he needs to relax now.

Our prayers and thoughts are with Senator McCain and his family.

Old 12-18-2017, 04:14 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Thank you,
You didn't answer my question.

Old 12-18-2017, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You didn't answer my question.
It's gossip or hearsay. We don't know what goes on beyond closed doors. Now is probably not the time to open old wounds for Senator McCain and his family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies