Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 12:35 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It’s ridiculous how quickly they turned on him with very little evidence. Why liberals cannot be trusted or counted on.
Little evidence He is photographed molesting a sleeping, defenseless woman! And for those who point to the "shadows" under the palms of his hands, I say that all this proves is that he wasn't engaged in a full on grasp of Tweeden's chest. Indeed, there is no such shadow under his fingertips, which are clearly touching Tweeden's breasts area. What a disgrace this man is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 12:47 AM

19,841 posts, read 12,102,488 times
His Stewart Smalley act was more convincing.

Old 12-19-2017, 01:00 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
The voters of Minnesota should "resign" for electing such an obvious creep in the first place.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:12 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
he actually walked it back somewhat in his resignation speech. remember he said that many of the allegations he remembers quite differently, and others he doesnt remember at all.
I just say that if he isn't guilty - why did he choose to resign?

Seems like he should be fighting the allegations if they are truly false, and announcing that he is staying put like Trump and Moore are doing.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:14 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I just remember all those who claimed that he'd already resigned even though he was sitting and voting in the Senate. Totally ignoring the "will resign in the coming weeks" weaseling in his statement.
I'll admit I was one of those. I'm of the liberal persuasion for sure, but this is hypocrisy I was hoping Democrats would be above. I say be a man of your word.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:52 AM

5,278 posts, read 6,213,202 times
He resigned & needs to stick to it. End of story.

I will say- the House and Senate both need to really step up the speed of investigations. There is no reason they couldn't plow throw the initial portion of any investigation in a couple of months. I think it would be reasonable to give someone the leeway to at least have things looked into before stepping aside. But when it takes half a year to move on any flipping thing it becomes about the court of public opinion. Unless they produce a video of the one lady saying 'Al it would be funny if you did xyz...' I think the entire thing shows a lack of judgment at a minimum. Anything beyond that silver bullet of a video and he should step aside.

And Leahy, Hatch, Feinstein and all the other 50 year tenant of Senate seats need to leave with him. The are proving woefully behind the times.

Old 12-19-2017, 09:45 AM

45,383 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
I'll admit I was one of those. I'm of the liberal persuasion for sure, but this is hypocrisy I was hoping Democrats would be above. I say be a man of your word.
Yes, and you admit it. I think that you now understand why some of us were skeptical.

Having said the above, I didn't think he should have resigned, or said he was going to in this case. If we are to be pilloried today for boorish behavior that happened, not illegal but boorish/rude/obnoxious, in some cases, decades ago then everybody should start writing their resignation letters. No one. Not one single adult has clean hands. Gay, straight, male, female, none of us.

Old 12-19-2017, 09:50 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
The left sure loves their sexual predators and murderers, don't they? Franken, Bill Clinton, Ted Kennedy, etc. etc. etc.

Which one of your little righty heroes boosted you up on that high moral horse? Newt Gingrich? Mark Sanford? Larry Craig? Dennis Hastert? Bob Packwood? Et al?

Keep in mind the splat from the fall will be no different no matter who it was.

Old 12-19-2017, 09:52 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
The voters of Minnesota should "resign" for electing such an obvious creep in the first place.

Along with everyone who put such an obvious creep in the White House?

Or would that be just too impartial for ya?

Old 12-19-2017, 10:51 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Which one of your little righty heroes boosted you up on that high moral horse? Newt Gingrich? Mark Sanford? Larry Craig? Dennis Hastert? Bob Packwood? Et al?

Keep in mind the splat from the fall will be no different no matter who it was.
Interesting -- all the righties you mention were FORCED TO LEAVE. They're also from 10-20 years ago. Pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies