Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 07:40 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,060,434 times

Advertisements

Dang the resistance really reaches to slam, really reaches. Focus on one person makes it hard to tell what one thinks. I did not know that the Governor of South Carolina also brought Bowing, when he also brought Boeing. Thanks for the enlightenment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You assume because I will not credit Trump with the economic successes that I don't believe a Republican can be responsible for economic successes....ahhh -- simple minded thinking.

Sanford brought Bowing and Hayley brought Volvo -- Trump wasn't around for any of it.

That's all......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 07:44 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
For 8 years this place dogged Obama and Black employment but 8 months in and now its heaven on earth? Lmao

Old 12-19-2017, 08:18 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Hearing the unemployment numbers always irks me because they don’t take into account those folks who have already hit their unemployment compensation max but have not yet found employment. It’s misleading as hell and solely used for political purposes by whatever guy is in office to look good. Remember when Trump said not to believe the BLS numbers because real unemployment was at 44% last year? Well, those remarks have completely vanished since he's been in the White House and he has reversed course; now he is taking credit for 17-year record low unemployment with those very same fake numbers.

He didn't say 44%. Why embellish what was actually said?

20%-25%

7%-9% illegal alien parasites, to fill some void.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:23 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
For 8 years this place dogged Obama and Black employment but 8 months in and now its heaven on earth? Lmao

Obama raised by white Communist, did noting for the Black American, but put them back into bondage.
You have not noticed the Black American Rebellion for the last 8 years, of putting them into poverty and unskilled, without opportunity in the free market, by restricting the bank from them. Small business loans to Black American, decrease dramatically under Obama. Black employment in government job openings exploded.

Old 12-19-2017, 10:30 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,544,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Horrible news for Dimocraps.
Alternatively, good news for the U.S.

Old 12-19-2017, 10:55 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Then why am I still unemployed? I was on unemployment benefits during the summer months. Since Georgia unemployment benefits get cut off after 14 weeks, I can't get anymore. I've also been turned down for jobs. First year of the Trump administration and I got laid off earlier this year. Sounds like Trump isn't helping me.

Old 12-19-2017, 11:07 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
There is something else that needs to be understood about unemployment. This is recorded by the Bureau of Labor. Unemployment rates are calculated in a certain way.

Unemployment rate = Unemployed persons/Persons in the Labor Force. Persons in the Labor Force is defined as being working as well as those looking for work. There are alot of people who looked for work for a long time, but are no longer counted as being in the workforce. People who gave up on looking for work after not being hired for a long time (a year or more). You add the people who have just stopped trying, that number goes up.

I don't think unemployment has dropped all that much over the last 20 years. I think the number of people who have dropped out of the workforce has gone up(and I'm not talking about the retired or the new mothers. I'm talking about able-bodied people who are available to work).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies