Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 07:56 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I'd like to see Franken leave. A message should be sent that we will not, as a nation, accept that kind of behavior.
I would rather he be investigated to send a message that we, as a nation, take accusations very seriously. By investigating them.

Once they get done with Franken, they can move on to Trump.

Old 12-18-2017, 07:58 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I would rather he be investigated to send a message that we, as a nation, take accusations very seriously. By investigating them.

Once they get done with Franken, they can move on to Trump.
Sure - I'd be fine with that, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2017, 08:03 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Talk vs. validated sexual harassment.....You know, those pictures of him attempting to grab boobs...That is sexual harassment....

Can you tell the difference? Obviously not....
LOL. We never knew how much FOX was paying off people with O'Reilly. These type of people have the resources to settle outside of prying eyes.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:06 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
So, to be clear, the far-right still supports Trump and wants the investigation called off or otherwise deep-sixed. They also whined all day about the "unfair" accusations against kiddie-diddler Moore, and supported him to the bitter end... but they throw a fit if the Democrats suggest the same "innocent until proven guilty, and even then he might be innocent" idea for one of their own?

What happened to all the right-wing screaming around here about how all these women are "fake accusers being paid money!" and how we "need to follow the process and not assume these people are guilty!"

Funny, it seems almost like they are partisan hacks who want a double standard for their tribe vs. everyone else. What a shock.
In addition, Franken's sins were mild, compared to those of Moore, and probably those of Trump. He was the sacrificial lamb, designed to not show favoritism when those allegations came out. He raped no one, didn't have sex with a child, and only did some stupid flack jacket groping and kissing.

We also forget how many good things Franken did for this country while a Senator, and how his work impacted a lot of his constituents.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:24 PM

25,742 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Nothing has been “validated.†If you actually think that photo is any sort of attempt to grab boobs, I can’t help you. Perhaps an optometrist?
Oh come on. You've got to be kidding me. What exactly do you think he was doing with his hands? This should be good. They just, randomly, by chance, got into that position, and the camera just happened to at this really weird angle, and that dullard grin on his face is because he just finished a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. And so it just LOOKED like he was attempting to appear to grab the lady's... parts.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:25 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
In addition, Franken's sins were mild, compared to those of Moore, and probably those of Trump. He was the sacrificial lamb, designed to not show favoritism when those allegations came out. He raped no one, didn't have sex with a child, and only did some stupid flack jacket groping and kissing.

We also forget how many good things Franken did for this country while a Senator, and how his work impacted a lot of his constituents.
True, while Trump has destroyed everything he's touched. The right-wing double-standards are unending.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
True, while Trump has destroyed everything he's touched. The right-wing double-standards are unending.
Yeah, I've noticed that my life is in shambles and the economic indicators have gone to hell since he took office.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:47 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yeah, I've noticed that my life is in shambles and the economic indicators have gone to hell since he took office.
Give it some time, Chris, give it some time. As for the economic indicators, if you know anything about how this stuff works, it doesn't happen in 11 months, it develops over time. It took Obama a long time to turn the recession around, and he did such a good job that the effects are still being felt and growing.

But Trumpees will never acknowledge any of that, will you ?

Old 12-18-2017, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Give it some time, Chris, give it some time. As for the economic indicators, if you know anything about how this stuff works, it doesn't happen in 11 months, it develops over time. It took Obama a long time to turn the recession around, and he did such a good job that the effects are still being felt and growing.

But Trumpees will never acknowledge any of that, will you ?
I'm not a supporter of Trump and didn't vote for Trump. But so far what I see is a slowdown on the march to tyranny and a proposed reversal of some of the tyranny already established. So I really don't see much to complain about at this point. The thing is, I don't care what he says or if it is stupid or not, I only care about what he does and what actually happens and how it affects my life and the lives of the "little people" like me. The less I see of the federal government, the happier I am. The more I see of it, the less happy I am. So far, I've been happy because several aspects of federal tyranny may soon go the way of the dinosaur. At least for the next few years. And perhaps by the time those few years are over with, I will have insulated myself from the future to a greater degree.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:59 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
The Roy Moore thing was a political hit, strategically planned right before the election to win an important 51-49 vote in the Senate. Moore's a kook, but the only actual crime he was ever accused of was raping a 14 y/o girl. That woman has no evidence of any sort & none of the other accusations of him being creepy include rape like that one does. There's no doubt in my mind the women were paid and obviously the one woman falsified at least part of the alleged signing of her yearbook by Moore and has refused to let a hand writing expert examine it. It worked though. Tip of the cap to the D's, they're experts at dirty pool.

Franken, like Trump is guilty of locker room humor. He was obviously grabbing women's butt's during photo ops, but I don't think any of those women felt unsafe or like they'd be sexually violated. He was just screwing around. Lowbrow humor. As for the moral highground the left claimed to have taken on the topic, let me tell you this: If Franken had been running against a Republican two weeks after the news broke, there's not a Democrat in the state of Minnesota that would have voted against him because of these allegations. In fact, no one cared right up until they made a strategic decision to throw him under the bus in order to try to win the Alabama election and attack Trump. Only then did the D's find their moral high ground.

Trump is an old school womanizer. He got caught red handed on the Access Hollywood tape being a pig. He said he kisses them right on the lips and grabs 'em by the hoo-haa because when you're rich and famous, they let you. He's basically right. Ask any professional athlete, college athlete, musician, movie star any wealthy businessman. Most of the allegations against Trump appear to be nonsense. The beauty pageant stuff is nonsense. The pron star who claims he kissed her and her girlfriends on the lips briefly when he met them is nonsense. The 13 y/o rape victim with Bill Clinton's buddy Jeffrey Epstein is nonsense. The lady who joined up recently claiming Trump kissed her at Mar-y-Lago in October 2016, but there are no witnesses is nonsense. Any women's who was approached by Democratic operatives and offered money can pretty much be dismissed in my opinion. Is Trump, like Franken and Moore a little scummy with women, for sure! Is that a crime, much less an impeachable one, obviously not. Launching an investigation into Trump is nothing but a thinly veiled political ploy that will not work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies