Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 08:43 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post

It's a good question, but I'm not too sure.

Apparently, there are quite a few people who switched from Democrat Bernie Sanders to Trump. It mystifies me, but I suppose they both attracted people whose attention is caught by shiny new things.
Well, I know we can agree that there certainly wasn't anything "new" or "shiny" about Hillary Clinton. Nothing "charming," "appealing" or "erudite," either.

Added for topicality: I could conceivably vote for a Democrat. Just not any of the currently living ones, however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2017, 08:44 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoLogic View Post
I won't vote for a Democrat until they get rid of the SJW and political correctness.

ditto

Old 12-26-2017, 08:48 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I can't think of any other way to explain why Trump is still so popular among his base. A lot of people I know who voted for Trump aren't particularly satisfied with everything he's done, they just prefer him on his worst day to a Democrat. They will continue to support Trump like their high school or college football team during a bad season because after all, he is their guy, warts and all. Would you say this is the case among the people who still support Trump? Do you actually think the guy is honest and is doing a good job or do you just think he's better than a liberal?
I know it must suck for you and your fake news friends... Trump is doing great in all my metrics and 40% of you liberals would vote Democrat even if Satan was running in your party... so pass on the BS...

Old 12-26-2017, 10:38 PM

24,406 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Geez, I support Trump( he was sadly the ONLY choice we had this past election) and I always split my ticket and vote for dems and repubs. The one party lever isn't called the chimpanzee lever for nothing.

Old 12-27-2017, 01:38 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
And don't forget the illegals voting, votes from dead people, and votes flipping from Trump to Hillary.
Conservative spreading fake news...won't be back to provide any evidence for these false claims.

Old 12-27-2017, 01:47 AM

272 posts, read 134,645 times
I was raised in a Southern Democrat household but its not the same party as what my parents voted for.

Reagan Democrats gave Trump the election, the great Democrat debacle is more about what the Democrat party has become than love of the republican party. Sanctuary cities, pro illegal immigration, their hatred of the white working class and white middle class, black lives matter, transgender bathrooms, militant feminism , etc . Obama basically destroyed the Democrat party, the Clintons as well helped wipe it out. Look at the Democrat leaders , its a freak show.

I would have supported Jim Webb but he had no chance. Sherrod Brown seems more like the past for the Democrat party, Kamala Harris the future

And it is alot more than 36%. lol.

Old 12-27-2017, 04:17 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I am part of that group. I will never vote for a Democrat.

I view the Democratic Party as dishonest and condescending. I don't believe anything they say. In fact I can't believe the Democrats believe what they say. When I think of Democrats I think of Harry Reid, Pelosi, Schumer, BLM, and a plethora of generally poorly behaved student age people whose adolescence has lasted far too long.

I will not vote for a Democrat. But I will vote.

I'm 72 years old.
Alright mister, you just triggered me!

'Bout all my have's been taken and kept from me. I don't be have no more.

Like you say about the democrats, though, yeah, they want me to beheld.

They hate me for not having the proper beholdior.

I'll just take my haves back and reinstate my behavior.

They want me to hold wut ain't no have.

Fk'em, I say!

When the Gov-mint returns what was mine to me, I'll be-having!

Fk the beholding! It's a bag.

The Government passes out drugs and expects me to hold 'em.

My behavior has been long separated from me.

The Government is a democratic schitzopathic realm of crap.

Trump mimics.

Me too - I only be holding the tools of a schiz kid.

My beholdior is elegant, if I say so myself, that is!

To destroy the constitution is to destroy the individual.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 12-27-2017 at 04:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies