Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 12:04 AM

2,940 posts, read 1,813,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Of course the rich pay more taxes. When 1 percent owns 90 percent of the wealth where the F do you think revenue would come from? Is your solution to tax people with no money? Brilliant! Don't let that business degree go to waste.

Gave me a giggle, good one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2017, 12:07 AM

18,739 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Democrats are going to get desperate now. This is the dangerous moment.
What's dangerous about it? Are the fanatical leftists going to do something they haven't already done?

Nope. They've tried everything already, and none of it has made the slightest difference. They have nothing left.

Unless you're saying their next step is an American Kristallnacht.

There is precedent, after all.

Time for them to dig up their good buddies at Antifa and get them going again?

Old 12-20-2017, 12:11 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
You can always tell when a liberal has lost the debate. They start ranting hysterically like this, making up things their opponent neither believes nor supports, and bashing them for them anyway.

The liberals have been doing this a lot recently.

Awww....
No rant. I gave you a business scenario that you failed to rectify. You lose.

Old 12-20-2017, 12:17 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Class warfare, fueled by economic ignorance, is the principal component of the Democrats' stock in trade.
Democrat supporters are so afraid that the rich might get a tax cut "even though they pay the most taxes" their willing to take a hit to get them. Yep, class warfare has always been another card the Democrats play.

Old 12-20-2017, 12:22 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Democrat supporters are so afraid that the rich might get a tax cut "even though they pay the most taxes" their willing to take a hit to get them. Yep, class warfare has always been another card the Democrats play.

So you think people with the most money should not pay the most. Interesting economic theory. Would get you and F in any decent college.

Old 12-20-2017, 12:23 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
All Corporate taxes are PASSED THROUGH TO THE CONSUMER. Guess you don't like lower prices for goods and services. Ever take a business course?
All Corporate tax cuts are PASSED THROUGH TO THE SHAREHOLDERS. Guess you don't like the same old prices for goods and services. Ever take a business course?

Old 12-20-2017, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I'm actually at a loss. Why are Republicans adding to our deficit. Why are they giving the rich more tax breaks.
The tax code is used as an incentive. Democrats want big government and they use class warfare to play on people's ignorance and jealousy to keep money flowing to government and they don't care who's money it is.

The fact is, the rich buy hire experts to guide them in tax efficiency and the tax law incentivizes them to do what the government wants. As a result they reduce their taxable income and with each change in the tax law they will make changes accordingly. Period.

Natalie, stop being a tool.

Old 12-20-2017, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
All Corporate tax cuts are PASSED THROUGH TO THE SHAREHOLDERS. Guess you don't like the same old prices for goods and services. Ever take a business course?
I like it! Passed through to consumers and shareholders I win!

Straight to government? I lose.

Old 12-20-2017, 12:34 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Simple. Based on most polls showing a democratic majority in 2018. Show me where you wishful thinking says this law lasts more than one year? You can't.
I can

Either you didn't grow up in the United States, or you are forgetting things you learned before the 12th grade....probably as far back as elementary school.

1. The chance of anyone other than a Republican being POTUS in 2019 is virtually nil. Trump would have to be impeached, and then be convicted in the Senate trial and removed from office (or resign before either happened), and all of the Republicans before the first Independent or Democrat or other in the Presidential succession order would have to be eliminated...before the first Independent or Democrat or other could be POTUS.

2. Given #1, the likely Republican sitting in the Oval Office would almost certainly veto any proposed tax bill that would attempt to counter what will be signed into law this week.

3. After #2, a simple majority in the House wouldn't be enough to override that veto. Overriding a Presidential veto requires a 2/3 vote (not just a simple majority) in the House AND (not or) a 2/3 vote in the Senate. I agree with you that the Democrats may take the House in the 2018 Midterm, but I doubt it will flip enough to give Democrats a 2/3 majority. Even if the House did flip...and flip to a 2/3 Democrat majority....the Senate would also have to flip, and also flip to a 2/3 Democrat majority. The current Congress is the 115th Congress. The only time in U.S. history when one party controlled both chambers of Congress with a 2/3 majority in each AND had a POTUS from a different party was most of the 39th Congress (all of the 39th Congress after Lincoln's assassination), and all of the 40th Congress....so during the Andrew Johnson administration....which ended almost 150 years ago.

Old 12-20-2017, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I'm actually at a loss. Why are Republicans adding to our deficit. Why are they giving the rich more tax breaks.
The Obama administration used perpetual QE and borrowed 10 trillion in debt, more than previous presidents combined but you defend that right? Worse! Now that the economy is going again, the Feds will raise interest rates and the tax payer will pay higher interest on that 10 trillion that Obama borrowed. And you want to b*tch at republicans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies