Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2017, 01:01 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
LOL if you think conservatives will go for a woman president. Next or Evah!

Conservatives will vote for Haley in a heartbeat. The only reason many of them supported McCain was because Palin was on the ticket.

People who think conservatives wont vote for a conservative woman live in a self created fantasy world.

It all depends on how Haley comes out of the Trump admin situation. She will have to get past Pence, who is also well liked by some conservatives, although if Trump loses in 2020 this will hurt Pence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2017, 01:03 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,473,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I believe that was satire. The only thing others in the world are truly shaking in their boots about is that the reactionary, tantrum-prone immature guy in the WH might start a nuclear war due to his childish anger management issues.

Other than that, they've learned how to play him. Have a parade (or any military ceremony will do), flatter anything about him and give him dinner--and they get what they want. Also he really loves it if you buy some weapons from us. The stronger leaders are simply moving on and forward without him. They know a Putin puppet when they see one.

The problem with his "exacting revenge" is that it is usually over a perceived slight of a sentence, a word, a tweet, and is exacted in a most immature way. More laughable than threatening. Don't confuse the generals running the country with that fat guy who spends most of his time watching tv and playing golf.
IKR? “Man of his WHAT!?” “Balls?” Well he just got some then as they were nowhere to be seen ‘you know when’...

Old 12-23-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The empty chair is the anti- American countries.
The EMPTY chair is IQ45.

Old 12-23-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Of course, I do.

I give you money, but you speak against me. If I stop giving you my money because of that, it's blackmail.

What the hell is wrong with you people?

If this is not mental disease, I don't know what is.
It’s not blackmail. It’s BRIBERY...

Old 12-23-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
It is amusing how everyone here thinks they know how the world regards this, as if they have access to high sources. I don't think that this will have much affect on 3rd world and Arab countries, but Canada has decided to side with us, from what Ive read, and Australia appears to be going to abstain. I'm betting that other 1st world countries at least give some thought to how much they want to go against the US on everything the next few years if they understand that we as a nation are watching and are not simply going to accept abuse like we have in the past. And it will be interesting to see how mny of our so called friends choose to abstain.
As long as you include YOURSELF in that “everyone”.

Old 12-23-2017, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Rather amusing that people are yearning for a Rambo.

Lol and trying to find him inside a thin-skinned imperious coward with 5 deferments to avoid any type of real danger. Sad!

Maybe they are similar. In reality Clint Eastwood is an actor who lectures empty chairs. Trump is a con man who rants and raves at tvs. Real tough guys.

Old 12-23-2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Nice attempt at deflection ... not!

I am sure you realize by now that our once great nation is becoming a shameful wraith under this new regime. WE are now an international pariah.

And just so there is no mistake in what I am saying here, it is not just because of that Jerusalem debacle. That was just an irresistible opportunity for the world to thumb their noses at Trump and the rest of us.

Trump is the most disrespected leader our nation has ever had, and this vote is a shameful rebuke recorded for posterity.
This!^

Old 12-23-2017, 01:44 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
You cant seriously believe that the majority of liberals and Dems that supported this in both houses thought this.

Talk about being blinded by ideology. Wow.
You can't seriously be that naive about politics, can you?

Old 12-23-2017, 01:54 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Conservatives will vote for Haley in a heartbeat. The only reason many of them supported McCain was because Palin was on the ticket.

People who think conservatives wont vote for a conservative woman live in a self created fantasy world.

It all depends on how Haley comes out of the Trump admin situation. She will have to get past Pence, who is also well liked by some conservatives, although if Trump loses in 2020 this will hurt Pence.
She is not the only conservative that is currently being groomed for the number one position; there is Ivanka. Of course Ivanka leans a little left for the Republicans; but look at the news. Not one Democrat is being prepped for the position; they all have no policies other than: I hate Trump. Whether you like Haley or dislike her; she is in the news and coming off as a leader. On the other hand Ivanka is making news from India, to Europe to DC; she is all over and pushing empowering women. The Democrats dream about this, but when they try to make a speech, it comes out: I double hate Trump!

For a woman to make a successful run for the WH; she needs policies and ideas on how to make our lives better. President Trump was very smart with his MAGA, whether the voters like him or not; we will still want to know how the new candidates want to improve our lot in life. It will also be hard to lie and expect the voters to allow those lies after one gets elected - if we elect them at all. Wait until we apply this technology (https://www.express.co.uk/travel/art...irport-customs) to our candidates!

Old 12-23-2017, 01:56 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
You can't seriously be that naive about politics, can you?

No, Im not very naïve. Which is why I regard your claims as silly and unrealistic, and out of touch with reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies