Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 08:41 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times

Advertisements

For a group that many of you deem worthless and meaningless -- you are all pretty fussed about them.

And don't give - but the USA and money.

The USA gives money not as a selfless act but as a selfish, self serving act -- as it should look after number one first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2017, 08:55 PM

31,025 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
I seem to have heard somewhere that the tatives of the American people voted for it over 20 years
ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_Embassy_Act

The vote, BTW , was over 90% approval in both houses of Congress. And in June of this very year the Senate passed by a vote of 90-0 a resolution commemorating the 50 year reunification of Jerusalem under Israeli control, reaffirming the Jerusalem Embassy Act, and requesting Trump to begin the move to Jerusalem.

Yet pinheads want to pretend this is all just Trump going off his rocker on Jerusalem.
Their level of comprehension is very low. They are so used of just taking the opposite standpoint of Trump, they dont even realize it was their own that came up with it in the first place.

Old 12-23-2017, 11:22 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,958 times
Nikki Haley was put in her position to essentially neutralize her opposition to Trump. She hates Trump supporters.

I'm confounded as to why Trump would spend so much political capital on Israel when 71% percent of Jews voted for Hillary Clinton, more than any other group, and he hasn't laid a single brick of the Wall yet.

Why does Israel get priority when their interest group rejected Trump the most forcefully of any group?

If 80% voted for Clinton, would he be ignoring the primary interests of his base to an even greater degree?

Old 12-23-2017, 11:53 PM

35,046 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Nikki Haley was put in her position to essentially neutralize her opposition to Trump. She hates Trump supporters.

I'm confounded as to why Trump would spend so much political capital on Israel when 71% percent of Jews voted for Hillary Clinton, more than any other group, and he hasn't laid a single brick of the Wall yet.

Why does Israel get priority when their interest group rejected Trump the most forcefully of any group?

If 80% voted for Clinton, would he be ignoring the primary interests of his base to an even greater degree?
Israel is a reliable ally of the U.S. They share our values. They are a civilized country.

End of subject.

Old 12-24-2017, 06:13 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Why are you okay with your money being given to other governments?
I'm not. Not even a little. That said they are going to do it. Like money dumped into Haiti. WE might as well be dumping money in a shredder. It does about as much good.

Old 12-24-2017, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Israel is a reliable ally of the U.S. They share our values. They are a civilized country.

End of subject.
They are reliable when it suits them to be. They steal from us, sell our secrets to the Russians and Chinese.
They share some of our values, certainly not all and possibly not most..
Civilized would depend upon who you asked.
I wouldn't call running a US citizen over with a bulldozer civilized. But hey it only happened once right?
The stealing and selling our secrets? Now that has happened a lot.

Old 12-24-2017, 06:25 AM

35,046 posts, read 16,995,362 times
I'll thank you for the reputation award before responding to your post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
They are reliable when it suits them to be. They steal from us, sell our secrets to the Russians and Chinese. The stealing and selling our secrets? Now that has happened a lot.
They're not perfect but aside from maybe Canada and Australia they're the best we've got. And many of those "thefts" (I'll take your word since I'm not doing research for this response) are done by business people, not the government.
Quote:
They share some of our values, certainly not all and possibly not most..
Which ones don't they share? And in what way do we share Hamas's values?
Quote:
Civilized would depend upon who you asked. I wouldn't call running a US citizen over with a bulldozer civilized. But hey it only happened once right?
Rachel Corrie was a human shield. A military operation doesn't grind to a halt because the enemy puts a citizen of another country in front of artillery.

Old 12-24-2017, 06:26 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post

End of subject.
Yes, that are, and have always been an ally (although I can't think of any war where they fought with us). We have supported them, and they have a strong military because of US. A new embassy does not change it.

Old 12-24-2017, 06:33 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,340,269 times
I just wish we'd stop kissing Israel's butt all the time. It's the size of Jersey and they've done very little for us.

Withdraw from the UN. Waste of money and time.

Old 12-24-2017, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, that are, and have always been an ally (although I can't think of any war where they fought with us). We have supported them, and they have a strong military because of US. A new embassy does not change it.
So you haven't stated how they are an ally.
At least you are using the term ally instead of friend as many on here do. Of our allies we have caught Israel stealing from us quite a few times. They got the publicity anyway. LOL. How about catching them trying to ship Patriot missile components to China? How about them selling secrets they stole from us to the Former USSR?
No Not a good ally, but an ally when it suits them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies