Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 07:20 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
While no one can top the verbal fellating of Mike Pence - Paul Ryan really came close with 'exquisite' leadership of his Dear Leader Trump.

Exquisite! The pu**y grabber! The man who pretended he doesn't know who David Duke is! Very fine people on both sides! Mexican judge!

It really is vomit inducing.
It's sickening indeed but this is what we've become. We've been moving toward this for 50 years so you can't say that you are really surprised. America was a nice dream but all good things must come to an end. Democracies by their very nature are fragile, they contain within them the seeds of their own destruction. All it takes is effective propaganda to motivate the proles, and a leader who is willing and eager to tear it apart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2017, 07:22 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Let's get real, he didn't pull anything off. He just signed it. The optics of this thing are terrible.

But have you looked at it thru Kool-Aid Goggles?

Old 12-21-2017, 07:27 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Oh come on. I realize you have a blinding hate for Trump, and all Republicans for that matter, but at least be honest and admit that there's not a nickel's worth of difference than what's always taken place.
Please give specific quotations of praise for Obama from the videos you posted.

Old 12-21-2017, 07:32 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,057,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
This is getting weird. The Republicans are heaping praise on Trump reminiscent of North Koreans praising their "dear leader!"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.408a4ee5b9a2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBdSoVGz608
Sure like people of the same party praising the president is a new occurrence. Personally I don't see anything reminiscent of North Koreans praising their dear leader. I see politics as usual.

Old 12-21-2017, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Sure like people of the same party praising the president is a new occurrence. Personally I don't see anything reminiscent of North Koreans praising their dear leader. I see politics as usual.
I don't remember this for any other president, Republican or Democrat.

Old 12-21-2017, 07:44 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,984,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcattwood View Post
Bush passed his first round of tax cuts in June of his first year in office.

Which tax cut bill took 2-3 years to pass?
Regan and Kennedy

Old 12-21-2017, 07:47 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,984,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
This show of praising Trump has been going on long before the tax cuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBdSoVGz608&t=15s

Reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUOROLyD1d8
Go pull up videos of when that failure legislation “obozocare” was passed . Democrats were drooling all over him . The same pendelum swings both ways .

Old 12-21-2017, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Go pull up videos of when that failure legislation “obozocare” was passed . Democrats were drooling all over him . The same pendelum swings both ways .
I disagree. They applauded the bill, not Obama. In this case, they are praising Trump.

Old 12-21-2017, 07:53 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,525,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treebeard View Post
because they need to stroke his ego and are utterly spineless.
exactly.

Old 12-21-2017, 07:53 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
How about we turn that around:
Why do democrats and their toadys find it necessary to criticize everything that trump does or says? IMO, they have been at it so long they now just look silly.
You are forgetting the double standard! The same rules don't apply to Democrats and Republicans.

I also didn't get the word "MUST". Did Trump put out a memo requiring them to openly praise him? If so, link please.

The libs are really sweating it lately. They can't come up with anything of substance against Trump, so they grab onto any shred of info that they can twist and turn to be critical of Trump.

Another thread where all I smell liberal desperation as Trump moves forward in his administration. There is also a continuing discomfort with the 2018 elections coming up coupled with the Dems still not coming up with a candidate that would have a chance of defeating Trump.

Why not praise what is positive? Trump is doing great and with the Dems constantly being critical, it is called "balance". Who doesn't praise a team member for doing well? OK, maybe the envious, but otherwise, it is commonplace to give praise to a team member that scores, and Trump is scoring!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies