Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 12:12 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times

Advertisements

Correct topic title should be this.

"Life Expectancy Fell During the Obama Administration & Under Obamacare"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2017, 12:14 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Correct topic title should be this.

"Life Expectancy Fell During the Obama Administration & Under Obamacare"
nailed it.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
nailed it.
I'm guessing we won't hear back from the OP on making that mistake.

Of course WaPo deliberately obfuscated the fact that it all happened under Obama.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:19 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,960,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This report covers Obama's last two years in office.

So glad you call his administration for exactly what it was.
I didnt even vote for Obama. This is a result of oligarchy which crosses party lines but make no mistake about it, the GOP is swimming in cash from the ruling donor class and they made it clear that if the GOP didnt pass this tax bill for the rich, they would not get enough funding/bribery from the donors who rule America. Even more people will now go without health care, inequality will increase further and drug overdoses will increase even more, and you think this is a winning scenario? The partisan tribalism makes it hard for you to see straight.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:20 PM

45,375 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Did you read both of my posts? I just said earlier that I don't think it can be blamed entirely on any single person. I do feel, though, that simply declaring it an emergency is pretty much just talk unless some action is taken, too. I don't think that is being terribly critical.
What action would you propose?

More grant money is available to localities due to the declaration of an emergency. What else should the federal government do?

Talk is cheap.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Did you read both of my posts? I just said earlier that I don't think it can be blamed entirely on any single person. I do feel, though, that simply declaring it an emergency is pretty much just talk unless some action is taken, too. I don't think that is being terribly critical.
He declared it an emergency and promptly decided to massively cut health care funding, install corporate judges at various levels of the judiciary and give huge tax breaks for the rich. Further moving us towards a Latin American style oligarchy. The mind boggles how people can cheer this on.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
I didnt even vote for Obama.....
Never said you did.

But it is clear that it covers the time that Obama was President and when Obamacare was in full force.

Life expectancy goes down for the first time in modern US History. Life is bad on those Democrat Plantations.

Speaks for itself.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post

More grant money is available to localities due to the declaration of an emergency. What else should the federal government do?

Talk is cheap.
How about actually doing what sensible countries do and provide a public safety net, a national health care system so everyone can get the mental and physical health care they need? Do you honestly believe that the ruling elite who concentrate wealth, income and power in this country do not understand the social problems and despair such actions create for the ordinary salt of the earth American?

Old 12-21-2017, 12:25 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post

Talk is cheap.
It's no secret that I think we should have UHC, like every other civilized country on the planet. If more grant money is available, someone needs to be doing a better job of getting the word out about it. Can you provide a link, please?

Not sure why I am getting flak for this from conservatives, as my first post clearly stated that I don't think it's fair to blame Trump for causing this problem. I think blaming ANY one person for it is absurd. There are lot of contributing factors.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:25 PM

45,375 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
How about actually doing what sensible countries do and provide a public safety net, a national health care system so everyone can get the mental and physical health care they need? Do you honestly believe that the ruling elite who concentrate wealth, income and power in this country do not understand the social problems and despair such actions create for the ordinary salt of the earth American?
You do know that's what the grant funding is for? Of course you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies