Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2017, 02:50 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
yep.

under danielj72's law a cashier at walmart could come to work wearing a swastika armband and walmart would be powerless to do anything about it.
Yup. And a person who worked for a catholic church could come to work every day wearing a "Planned Parenthood" button. And a person working at WalMart could also come to work every day wearing a "Unionize!" button.

On balance, I'd take it.

Old 12-22-2017, 02:52 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
You realize 90 percent of the posters in here are liberal loons right? I have been making the argument that all of this political correctness being enforced through the workplace is an assault on free speech for a while now and every time I do I am told “ well this is 2017 not 1980” or “its the employers right to control your speech” and they always remind me its legal for private entities to fire people who have spoken in a politically incorrect fashion. This is a left wing tactic decades in the making, they have threatened, sued and boycotted corporate America for years over various social justice warrior causes until the corporations yielded and agreed to enforce the agenda through employers. Even CEOs are subject to this as we see by the results of this case. The reality is the left has ended free speech in America through this back door method that is legal. Each state that has the legislative ability needs to begin to make laws that protect political speech from employer action AND protect people from employer action regarding social media comments. Corporate America has been coerced into being the lefts tool for imposing political correctness, time to shut these un-American moonbats down. These people have gone so far from supporting American values that I no longer see them as Americans. People who oppose basic rights like free speech are nothing short of an enemy of our country. When our division inevitably leads to internal conflict in this nation those folks will be on the wrong side of the battlefield.
Boycotting is a first amendment right, you know that same pesky constitutional right that you are relying on in order to call people who don't agree with you "liberal loons". And you should be glad we have courts to redress our grievances, because it's real clear that the courts protect all of us, not just the "un-American moonbats", remember this decision?

2008 - District of Columbia v. Heller
The Second Amendment does protect the individual's right to bear arms, By a five to four margin, the Court held that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess firearms for lawful use, such as self-defense, in the home (emphasis ours). Accordingly, it struck down as unconstitutional provisions of a D.C. law that (1) effectively banned possession of handguns by non law enforcement officials and (2) required lawfully owned firearms to be kept unloaded, disassembled, or locked when not located at a business place or being used for lawful recreational activities.

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Do we still live in America where one can voice an opinion or are we living under liberal fascism.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12...ping-down-ceo/
Is this the same liberal fascism that left Colin Kaepernick without a team due to voicing his opinion about this nation by kneeling during the anthem? Honestly, I see this as the inverse. Sickening none the less but something America has done for years and isn't news.

1,194 posts, read 726,641 times
Quote:
Apparently we do. So let's dump Trump with the power of our newfound liberal totalitarianism! Force that fat ignorant jerk out.
One minor hurdle theres millions of Trump supporters like myself that won't easily step down and allow that to happen!!!

Old 12-22-2017, 02:55 PM

26,581 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
One minor hurdle theres millions of Trump supporters like myself that won't easily step down and allow that to happen!!!
really? you took that post literally?

Old 12-22-2017, 02:57 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Hockeymac, in a point for clarification, all states are indeed at-will states, the degree of how at-will they are however are different. https://www.rocketlawyer.com/article...t-states-ps.rl I may not like it like you, but until people stop voting in corporate puppets or even the corporate puppeteers themself, we will continue to see at-will laws. This is on any level of government mind you.

Old 12-22-2017, 02:58 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,808,176 times
Quote:
so, you'd like make a law prohibiting employers from taking any kind of measure limiting their employees for promoting BLM, abortion, affirmative action, gay rights or gay marriage in the workplace?
Yes employers should not be interfering with employees political activities and statements outside of work. Even though I find the causes you list reprehensible I would absolutely support thier right to keep thier jobs when exercising thier free speech outside of work. Free speech means we all must tolerate speech we don’t like, even ridiculous speech. That is why we have always tolerated outrageous groups like black panthers, Nazis etc speaking publicly. Take away their speech and we all could lose ours. The way I see it the culture of political correctness has indeed muzzled speech. It may be legal as you lefties repeat over and over but it still is contributing to an Orwellian environment developing in America today regarding speech.

Old 12-22-2017, 02:59 PM

1,194 posts, read 726,641 times
Quote:
really? you took that post literally?
With liberals you never know if theyre joking or seriously insane

Old 12-22-2017, 02:59 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
This sucks, their pizza is awesome! The best I've had.
You really need to try other pizza joints if Papa Johns is the best pizza you've ever had. I've had frozen pizza that was half-baked that was better than papa johns.

Last edited by TreeBeard; 12-22-2017 at 03:34 PM..

Old 12-22-2017, 03:02 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,808,176 times
Quote:
yep.

under danielj72's law a cashier at walmart could come to work wearing a swastika armband and walmart would be powerless to do anything about it.
No that is not what I am saying. While on the clock employers have every right to control dress code or prohibit political discussion. I am really talking about protecting off the clock speech or expression.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies