Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 06:49 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Did you know that President Trump supported Luther Strange when he was running against Moore in the primary?

My guess on why Luther Strange lost is a good number of democrats voted for Roy Moore in the primary thinking he would be an easier candidate to beat.

If I had voted in Alabama I would have held my nose and voted for Moore only because republicans need to maintain a majority in the senate.
Strange lost because the GOP in Ala. have had power to long. The ex-Gov. had given the Seat to Strange as a payback for not indicting him. The whole state and south now see the GOP as the party of corruption. You cannot have one party rule as it leads to corruption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2017, 06:51 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,732,475 times
Quote:
Did you know that President Trump supported Luther Strange when he was running against Moore in the primary?

My guess on why Luther Strange lost is a good number of democrats voted for Roy Moore in the primary thinking he would be an easier candidate to beat.

If I had voted in Alabama I would have held my nose and voted for Moore only because republicans need to maintain a majority in the senate.
At what level would you find the stink too bad for your high level of morality? Pol pot funk? Mussolini malodorous? Hitler fetid?

Old 12-22-2017, 06:53 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,732,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Right! It's not like all of the saints in the Democratic party. LMAO at the ignorance.
The very definition of ignorance is the sad refrain, "the other guy did it too".

Old 12-22-2017, 06:53 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
I'm a Trump supporter and Roy Moore is an idiot and is glad he lost
Roy Moore is what many people think many in the Republican party stand for or tolerate.

The RNC does not do enough to condemn this kind of thinking.

When Trump won with Sessions and Pence hanging on, most of my homosexual friends were sincerely concerned for their rights and freedoms. They have been fighting for so long for basic legal rights -- forget about the social ones. They are scared that Pence/Sessions and folks like Roy Moore will set them back.

At one time I would have said they had nothing to be concerned about but I don't know. I know Trump doesn't give a hoot about same sex relationships. But he tends to align himself with people that have said some awful things about homosexuals.

Old 12-22-2017, 01:41 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
umm, it's Alabama. Why is it hard to believe?
I don't recall. Did you vote for Hillary?

Old 12-22-2017, 01:45 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's hard to believe how anyone can be shocked that Roy Moore lost.
Yeah - a couple of things come to mind here:

1) Why should we be concerned that Jone's son is gay?

2) It is more obvious than ever that AL chose wisely.

Old 12-22-2017, 01:47 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:

"Party over country" is perhaps one of the worst byproducts of our current political system.

Old 12-22-2017, 01:48 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Just shows the kind of man he is...pathetic. Just
glad Alabama chose to rid themselves of him.

[/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Roy Moore won't concede, is posting conspiracies on Facebook - Business Insider

Do you think this is acceptable? Should it even be a factor that Doug Jones' son is gay?

Old 12-22-2017, 01:50 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Yeah - a couple of things come to mind here:

1) Why should we be concerned that Jone's son is gay?

2) It is more obvious than ever that AL chose wisely.
They did. Again, when Moore won I said I expected and hoped Alabama would do the right thing and they did but people still can't help themselves from disparaging people which really isn't any different than what Moore is getting condemned for.

Old 12-22-2017, 02:04 PM

4,031 posts, read 2,716,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Roy Moore is going after Jones’s son?

How old is he, 14?

Moore, or Jones' son? Because if the latter, that'd be in line with Moore's age preferences thus far....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies