Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 02:55 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
We have not been quiet. We veto their resolutions all the time. This was the first time we resort to childish bluster.

If you didn't know it before, then you have not been paying attention.

Im not talking remaining quiet with respect to voicing our opinion in the UN chambers. Im talking about laying the groundwork among the American people , most of whom couldn't even name you a single resolution the UN voted on this year EXCEPT the one condemning the US for daring to decide where our own embassy should be located, to make the case its time to dump the UN.

Trump is doing that now. The conservative media is on it, and as I said, even CNN , which despises Trump, has taken the UN to task over this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2017, 03:07 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
With the abnormal amount of anti-Israel resolutions in the UN, it seems that the world has reverted back to its anti-Semitic ways again...
The almost universal hatred of Isael by member nations is pretty hard to deny... yet, people in here have no problem doing just that. They act as if ignoring the nearly 20,000 resolutions against Israel means it isn't happening. UN member countries simply do not want them to exist as a nation, liberals tend to agree.

I'd say that's damn anti-semitic.

Now they blame Trump? You can't make this stuff up. It's like blaming Trump for the 1967 war.

They say he is disrupting the peace process. What peace process? Israel bends over and Palestinian leaders walk away. Over, and over, and over, and over.

Screw any group of slugs who get almost everything they want only to walk away because peace will kill their golden goose. The Palestinian people suffer while their leaders are becoming fabulously wealthy.

Just how did Arafat die a billionaire? For you breaking heart Liberals, who do you think covered that cash?

I can't wrap my head around how such obvious abuses and shilling can go ignored.

Old 12-22-2017, 03:39 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He said he will be taking names, and threatening to cut aid, so yes, he was the bully of the week.

Should that somehow mean UN has not been targeting Israel? No, it simply means Trump made an ass out of himself and the Unites States. UN has been bullying Israel, but thanks to Trump now we look like the bad guy.

I am fine walking out of the UN, but this childishness has to end.
I'm not "fine walking out of the UN" in some sort of snit ....... I am very fine with making it clear that "we WILL be "taking names" and that we are FED-UP with being the largest monetary supporter of the United Nations and tired of being lectured to. The USA is a Nation of Law, and we have US Law behind this decision.
It's none of the UN's business. It is the same "anti-Jew" stuff that has gone on for 100's of years, and even the horror and disgust of the German Ovens didn't stop it.

This isn't a whim of President Trump.
Congress passed a law decades ago to recognize Jerusalem as Capital of the State Israel, the same place that they have EVERY single seat of Government in except their Defense Department. They have based their Government in Jerusalem from the day that Israel became a State. It's says nothing about Final Status and nothing about the rights of Hamas/Fatah. We don't tell other Nations where to put their Capital and we do put our Embassy where their Capital is.

The UN does NOT have the right to overturn US Law or to to Censor the President of the United States when he implements and follows US Law.

Old 12-22-2017, 04:04 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Yes, everyone who dares to criticize Israel is an anti-Semite.

Only 16% of American Jews think moving the embassy is a good idea. You know who approves? Evangelical Christians. They think it means the rapture is coming.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.cf798d14b7d9
This is incorrect. If you read the actual survey that the Washington Post linked, 52% of American Jews think that moving the embassy is a good idea. 16% immediately, and another 36% eventually,

And I am skeptical of those numbers even. I am Jewish. I live in a very Jewish area. Anecdotally, I haven’t run into a single Jew that doesnt believe the embassy belongs in Jerusalem. Even the liberal, Obama loving, anti-Trump rabbi at my synagogue, was happy about the news.

I analyze studies regularly as a part of my profession. I think the way the survey was done, leads the participants in a direction away from answering the way they truly feel.

If the survey consisted of just one question. Whether or not the embassy should be moved, I think the results would have been a lot higher than 52% in favor of moving the embassy.

Old 12-22-2017, 04:08 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Dems were perfectly happy when Obama used his "Bully Pulpit". Trump has just pulled an Obama.

Old 12-22-2017, 04:58 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I'm not "fine walking out of the UN" in some sort of snit ....... I am very fine with making it clear that "we WILL be "taking names" and that we are FED-UP with being the largest monetary supporter of the United Nations and tired of being lectured to. The USA is a Nation of Law, and we have US Law behind this decision.
It's none of the UN's business. It is the same "anti-Jew" stuff that has gone on for 100's of years, and even the horror and disgust of the German Ovens didn't stop it.

This isn't a whim of President Trump.
Congress passed a law decades ago to recognize Jerusalem as Capital of the State Israel, the same place that they have EVERY single seat of Government in except their Defense Department. They have based their Government in Jerusalem from the day that Israel became a State. It's says nothing about Final Status and nothing about the rights of Hamas/Fatah. We don't tell other Nations where to put their Capital and we do put our Embassy where their Capital is.

The UN does NOT have the right to overturn US Law or to to Censor the President of the United States when he implements and follows US Law.
How cute. US has recognized Jerusalem as the capital for decades, so this bluster about 'taking names, and cutting aid' was nothing but an embarrassment.

Old 12-22-2017, 08:32 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,931,272 times
Meh, the UN is the same body that for years recognized the Khmer Rouge as a legit govt

Old 12-22-2017, 10:08 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
The liberal press is not anti-Israel. Any claim or move the the contrary is theater.

Old 12-23-2017, 04:10 PM

89,030 posts, read 44,840,107 times
For the life of me, I do NOT understand the left's hatred of Israel and Jews.

Did anyone happen to watch this earlier this year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2NaiX-hvVQ

Old 12-23-2017, 04:46 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I don't think they dislike jews, but do dislike Israel's policies. isn't that the republicans latest chant; 'it's all about POLICY'?

when are they going to do the right thing and give the Palestinians their land back and live with a two-state reality?

that land was given to the jews by the Allies after WW2 because no other country (even the US) didn't want to take in jewish refugees. before that, arabs lived there (and they still do).

six-day war was won with the help of US weapons and monetary aid against people who had essentially nothing to fight with.

IMO they are being greedy. IMO they are being bullies.
I question whether this is true. Echoing what Jake Tapper said in his monologue, I do think that something else is going on to make these countries continuously attack Israel. Again 86% of all resolutions aimed at an individual country over a four year span were aimed at Israel, despite the fact that we've had genocide and continuing civil war and human rights abuses by so many countries throughout the world. Yes, I do question whether antisemitism is not at the root of much of the attacks we see against Israel. But when you have a religious text (and considering that the bulk of these resolutions are authored by Islamic nations) in the Quran that refers to Jews as apes and pigs, it isn't so difficult to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies