Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 05:48 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,397,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
The 'interference' occurred under Obama's watch !

And you and I both know that this entire Russian interference thing is because Hillary lost.
If she won, you would never have heard anything about it again, as she would have moved on to more pressing issue like how do we stack the supreme court with leftists, etc.
What does any of that have to do with taking steps to confront and correct Russian meddling in our internal affairs? Obama should have taken more decisive action. Shame on him and history will not look kindly on him for his failure.

Just because your candidate was the beneficiary of Russian intervention next time he/she may not be.

Many of this Country's conservative members have given up on this nation. That is what it sounds like to me. They are becoming like more third world in attitude. It is a fatalistic notion that we are too weak to do anything and our fate is to be the whipping boy of more powerful nations.

I hope Cons, or anyone who is for inaction, get a shellacking in our upcoming elections because this defeatist mentality will truly make us third world.

Last edited by TreeBeard; 12-24-2017 at 05:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2017, 05:51 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,116,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
At least, Obama knew the constitution and what it stood for. Also, he was greatly qualified and had class and knew how to be a diplomat.

How can you say that those other countries are inconsequential? Why, because they have the guts to stand up to a bully that does what he wants with our country? Haley is just a puppet of Trumps.
She sounded just like him, taking names; what are they 3rd graders? I say Trump and Haley both need to go.

Trump and Haley, sound like war mongers; and maybe, they are. I thought Trump ran on ending wars. He is starting more than he can finish in a lifetime.
All Leftist talking points. Obama was a slacker that was promoted to a position he clearly wasn't qualified for. Companies do this all the time and later discover the damage.

America was sick of the wussified positions he took on every issue. All he wanted was to run out the clock on his Presidency and walk away with the $$$ all politicians aquire while in office.

Old 12-24-2017, 07:03 AM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Don't fret over Scarborough. The entire world told Haley what she could do with her empty threats. 128 to 9. Our foreign standing is in shambles.
See Should U.S. Put Its Interests Before "World" - Examples Jerusalem as Capital, Paris Accords for the correct views on the quality of "world opinion" and the "international community." Why we should pay for the petting zoo known as the U.N. is beyond me.

Last edited by jbgusa; 12-24-2017 at 07:52 AM..

Old 12-24-2017, 07:15 AM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
At least, Obama knew the constitution and what it stood for. Also, he was greatly qualified and had class and knew how to be a diplomat.
Meaning giving away U.S. interests so that other leaders and diplomats would like him.

Next.

Quote:
How can you say that those other countries are inconsequential? Why, because they have the guts to stand up to a bully that does what he wants with our country? Haley is just a puppet of Trumps.
She sounded just like him, taking names; what are they 3rd graders? I say Trump and Haley both need to go.
The leaders and diplomats are perfectly safe from the "bully" at UN headquarters on the East River. Making an anti-West speech there takes no courage whatsoever.

Quote:
Trump and Haley, sound like war mongers; and maybe, they are. I thought Trump ran on ending wars. He is starting more than he can finish in a lifetime.
What war has he started?

Old 12-24-2017, 07:20 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
all leftist talking points. Obama was a slacker that was promoted to a position he clearly wasn't qualified for. Companies do this all the time and later discover the damage.

America was sick of the wussified positions he took on every issue. All he wanted was to run out the clock on his presidency and walk away with the $$$ all politicians aquire while in office.
+1.

Old 12-24-2017, 07:52 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
This just shows how indoctrinated you are to right wing talking points.

Trump won't even call out Putin on interfering with our elections, or anything else. If anyone hates America, it's Trump.
LOL!!! Perhaps that's because there has been no proof yet found that Putin interfered with our elections!

I'm not the one who is "indoctrinated" here. Being a "conservative," being free, and believing in freedom, does not require indoctrination. It is natural to man. One must be indoctrinated into ideologies that go against mans natural desires; i.e., to be free to determine ones own destiny.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:31 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
LOL!!! Perhaps that's because there has been no proof yet found that Putin interfered with our elections!

I'm not the one who is "indoctrinated" here. Being a "conservative," being free, and believing in freedom, does not require indoctrination. It is natural to man. One must be indoctrinated into ideologies that go against mans natural desires; i.e., to be free to determine ones own destiny.
Yes it is Natural for man to want to be free, speak our mind, and think the thoughts we want. It is not Natural to be artificially restricted by a PC society that wants to OPPRESS those in which they disagree. The Left in the U.S. is has quickly become like Stalin, Mai, and Pol Pot. Are the Gulags, and Killing Fields next? If left to the Progressives, anyone who disagreed would be in a concentration camp our worse. Only one thing keeps them from trying that so far.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:39 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
How convenient? Deflect by not acknowledging the Fed’s oversized, almost unaided role in saving, then reviving the economy. Perhaps you just do not know about the Federal Reserve, what it did over the long slog of a recovery. But, I think not. Otherwise, no need to change the subject completely in your response. Busted.
Quantitative Easing was the Lazy Man's way out of a recession, but created a HOLLOW, jobless recovery, and anemic GDP (economic) growth, but that was by design. Obama's cronies got rich, and everyone else suffered a malaise that was obvious in the stats, but also in the mood of the country. There was NO Optimism, only despair. Now we have Optimism.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:42 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
All Leftist talking points. Obama was a slacker that was promoted to a position he clearly wasn't qualified for. Companies do this all the time and later discover the damage.

America was sick of the wussified positions he took on every issue. All he wanted was to run out the clock on his Presidency and walk away with the $$$ all politicians aquire while in office.
They were sick of it? A president is only allowed to serve 2 terms.

Old 12-24-2017, 09:05 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
You sound like a globalist. Me - I'll stick to being a nationalist, America first kind of guy. Israel is been a long time ally of ours, while the Palestinians have not.

8 other counties did vote with us, and we thank them for their support.
8 counties that what money from us. Some support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies