Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 09:48 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The left has been turning kids programing into a social justice cause indoctrinating the new warriors.
They have been doing it for a long time now and the insanity is taking hold and playing out today.

3 Reasons Why You Should Never Let Your Child Watch Sesame Street – Return Of Kings

Recently, my wife started to let our two-year-old son watch Sesame Street. She figured it would be a fun way to help him learn how to read so she started to record the episodes. But after screening some episodes, we were horrified by the messages that the show is trying to teach children. We will never let our son watch Sesame Street again.

1. Forced Transsexualism
2. Discrimination Against White People
3. Multiculturalism takes the place of learning letters and numbers
We're going to have to make a network and bring back old school cartoons to the early/mid 90s.

Pepe LePew would be a misogynist. Guilty of inspiring sexual assault.
Yosemite Sam would be a racist. Guilty of inspiring running people over with a Dodge challenger.
Elmer Fudd would be portrayed as inspiration to Sandy hook scumbag and vegas scumbag.
They'd find a way to ruin the Jetsons, Flintstones, etc.

Old 12-23-2017, 09:51 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,565,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
We're going to have to make a network and bring back old school cartoons to the early/mid 90s.

Pepe LePew would be a misogynist. Guilty of inspiring sexual assault.
Yosemite Sam would be a racist. Guilty of inspiring running people over with a Dodge challenger.
Elmer Fudd would be portrayed as inspiration to Sandy hook scumbag and vegas scumbag.
They'd find a way to ruin the Jetsons, Flintstones, etc.
You don't think there were racist themes in mid-twentieth century cartoons? Have you ever seen Tom and Jerry?

Old 12-23-2017, 09:56 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,754,926 times
Quote:
Here's an idea, gratis, for the creative team behind of "Paw Patrol" and "Thomas," should they want to broaden their appeal to parents without alienating their fan base: Ryder and Sir Topham Hatt retire and are replaced by their equally domineering sisters. This, in turn, boosts the social status of all the non-male characters. Children would still get the satisfaction of immersing themselves in an orderly universe where rules are rules, and everyone is in his or her place. Just without the white guy on top.
... beyond satire.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:02 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,583,552 times
Kids watch too much TV, anyway.

Turn it off and read to them.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:02 AM

52,706 posts, read 34,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I've read the article. I'm really not sure why you are making this a "left" thing. Because CNN ran the article? CNN and it's consultant from "California" seem to be on the side of the shows and discuss in the article why order, roles, and hierarchies are important to children of the age that watch the show and that children in that age group cannot think in abstracts as their parents do.

The complaints about the show(s) seem to come from parents of 3-5 year olds who are now all up in arms about these topics. THAT is the more interesting part. I've raised a generation of children before this particular group of parents and I'm wondering what happened to people? Why are the overthinking children's shows (which the article clearly states--they are overthinking it). One mother from Detroit doesn't like it, while another mother from liberal California does.

You have no idea what political affiliation these parents are that are now overanalyzing every aspect of children's TV.
that you would even pretend that the complainers and 'fascist!'-howlers in this story could be anything other than leftists is quite amusing.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:29 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,653,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
that you would even pretend that the complainers and 'fascist!'-howlers in this story could be anything other than leftists is quite amusing.
You don't know though do you?

I know plenty of parents that are all 20-30 years younger than me. Millenials, I guess. Some or liberals, some are conservatives. Both types are micromanaging every aspect of their children's lives and overthinking everything their kids watch and read, eat and drink. When I read the article, it didn't shock me at all because I know young parents who believe this about certain TV shows. I can assure you they come from both political parties.

Old 12-23-2017, 11:14 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
You don't think there were racist themes in mid-twentieth century cartoons? Have you ever seen Tom and Jerry?
A cat and mouse. What is racist about a cat and mouse?

Old 12-23-2017, 11:19 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,643,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post

Thats racist.

Old 12-23-2017, 11:38 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,920,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post

If you do, remember to think about how Reading to your kids unfairly advantages them over parents who don’t read to their kids.

| National Review

Old 12-23-2017, 11:52 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,565,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
A cat and mouse. What is racist about a cat and mouse?
I'd show you the pictures, but I'm sure I'd get banned for doing so.

Tom and Jerry racist? Of course. Warning on Amazon and iTunes is appropriate.

My "favorite" example is one time when Tom was chasing Jerry around the kitchen table and Mammy Two Shoes jumps up onto the table. As she dances around because of how she's afraid of the mouse, the following drops out of her house dress: money, razor blades, fried chicken, and watermelon.

Not sure what could be racist about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies