Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 08:17 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Good. Now I guess that we can assume he has no problem with Mueller investigating any possible criminal activities of him and his minions, good to know
He's also saying that because the Bundys are right-wingers, that they have the right to claim public land for their own profit-making purposes.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:18 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post

That is not Cliven, Armon, or Ryan Bundy. The people actually accused thrown in jail without bail for 2 years and put on trial, where evidence was suppressed and destroyed.
Many including myself use the scope as a viewer, to see up close whats happening.
My binoculars are only 10x. My scope is 32x

Old 12-24-2017, 08:54 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That is not Cliven, Armon, or Ryan Bundy. The people actually accused thrown in jail without bail for 2 years and put on trial, where evidence was suppressed and destroyed.
Many including myself use the scope as a viewer, to see up close whats happening.
My binoculars are only 10x. My scope is 32x
You're attempting to change subjects here. The subject of the thread is the Bundy ranch fiasco. The entire thing. Bundy issued threats to the feds when they were planning to remove his trespassing cattle. He then invited militia members. They pointed weapons at federal employees. They're criminals. End of story.

Using a scope on a rifle to view people is illegal in every state. The last time a hunter did that around here they were charged with a crime and are now a felon and can't have guns. It takes nothing for an accidental discharge even if there's no ill intent. That militia member had ill intent against those federal employees.

Old 12-24-2017, 11:21 AM

3,648 posts, read 3,784,861 times
Quote:
You're attempting to change subjects here. The subject of the thread is the Bundy ranch fiasco. The entire thing. Bundy issued threats to the feds when they were planning to remove his trespassing cattle. He then invited militia members. They pointed weapons at federal employees. They're criminals. End of story.

Using a scope on a rifle to view people is illegal in every state. The last time a hunter did that around here they were charged with a crime and are now a felon and can't have guns. It takes nothing for an accidental discharge even if there's no ill intent. That militia member had ill intent against those federal employees.
You added that piece in post #50. BentBow merely clarified what you were insinuating.

If pointing guns at fed agents were the concern, why were those doing it not charged. Amazing how many people miss the point of the resistance at Bunkerville. Not surprising since the media didn't even attempt to understand it and lazily reported only the most excitable pieces.

I will correct your charge of "tresspassing cattle." The feds can't even prove that point. And attorneys who specialize in water rights make a lot of money arguing both sides. All over the western states.

Old 12-24-2017, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
You added that piece in post #50. BentBow merely clarified what you were insinuating.

If pointing guns at fed agents were the concern, why were those doing it not charged. Amazing how many people miss the point of the resistance at Bunkerville. Not surprising since the media didn't even attempt to understand it and lazily reported only the most excitable pieces.

I will correct your charge of "tresspassing cattle." The feds can't even prove that point. And attorneys who specialize in water rights make a lot of money arguing both sides. All over the western states.
Considering the BLM went in to round up the cattle, and the cattle were on federal lands they were not permitted to be on, I'd say there is undeniable evidence of trespass. Bundy himself said the cattle were there and tried to claim they could be because of his false legal arguments.

Bundy's water rights are on his 160 acre private parcel. No one has said he can't graze his own private 160 acres. He's got no rights to federal lands.

The individual shown in that video was charged.

Old 12-24-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:

No... Keep up. I replied to someone accusing the Bundys who are on trial, of brandishing weapons at the BLM. That is false.

We all have liberty to do as we please. You may or may not get shot oppressing that liberty. Beware.

Again, the Bundy's are on trial, or should I say were. for exercising their 1st & 2nd amendment in conjunction with each other. The federal government failed to prove it was illegal to do so. With Ryan Bundy representing himself... no fat cat attorney.

Old 12-24-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
No... Keep up. I replied to someone accusing the Bundys who are on trial, of brandishing weapons at the BLM. That is false.

We all have liberty to do as we please. You may or may not get shot oppressing that liberty. Beware.

Again, the Bundy's are on trial, or should I say were. for exercising their 1st & 2nd amendment in conjunction with each other. The federal government failed to prove it was illegal to do so. With Ryan Bundy representing himself... no fat cat attorney.
No freedom is not unlimited. Your freedom ends where it infringes on another's rights. The Bundys are free to graze cattle on their lands but are not free to steal public lands from the American people. They are not free to start an armed insurrection to violate laws. There was a mistrial declared because of undisclosed evidence. They were not acquitted.

Regarding the bolded part, you may want to talk with a lawyer about how advisable it is to post such statements. That can be taken as a threat.

Old 12-24-2017, 12:38 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
No, the NY Times reported on the corruption within the federal judicial system.
I didn't say jack. That is your fantasies wrapped around reality, again.
Judge Gloria M. Navarro declared the mistrial because of fact that there was not full disclosure by the prosecution, Sessions is investigating his own department by the way. This is the way justice works, checks and balances. Maybe it was you that claimed she could not fairly preside over the trial and requested that she be removed. The Bundy extremists wanted one of those self anointed sovereign judges in her place but here we are with the justice system working as it should.

The Bundy's were lucky they got off with trashing the wildlife sanctuary, I thought they would lose both of these cases but I will accept the decision regardless and not claim there is some conspiracy.

Old 12-24-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:
No freedom is not unlimited. Your freedom ends where it infringes on another's rights. The Bundys are free to graze cattle on their lands but are not free to steal public lands from the American people. They are not free to start an armed insurrection to violate laws. There was a mistrial declared because of undisclosed evidence. They were not acquitted.

Regarding the bolded part, you may want to talk with a lawyer about how advisable it is to post such statements. That can be taken as a threat.

I didn't say freedom was unlimited.

Old 12-24-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Judge Gloria M. Navarro declared the mistrial because of fact that there was not full disclosure by the prosecution, Sessions is investigating his own department by the way. This is the way justice works, checks and balances. Maybe it was you that claimed she could not fairly preside over the trial and requested that she be removed. The Bundy extremists wanted one of those self anointed sovereign judges in her place but here we are with the justice system working as it should.

The Bundy's were lucky they got off with trashing the wildlife sanctuary, I thought they would lose both of these cases but I will accept the decision regardless and not claim there is some conspiracy.
I just post what has been reported. Maybe it was you that said they would rot in jail and should.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies