Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 05:34 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times

Advertisements

The liberals are upset, one less class of people they can kill in the womb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2017, 05:37 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
I am pro-life, but this bill does not make any sense.

In US about 90% parents opt for abortion when they find out the baby has Downs syndrome, so clearly the option is used by liberals and conservatives alike. Neither side claim the moral high ground. Now the government will force them to have the Downs baby, while allowing the abortions of perfectly healthy babies.

Old 12-24-2017, 05:39 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,906,179 times
Weird move on Kasich's part. I would have given him consideration for WH run down the road, but not after this.

Old 12-24-2017, 05:40 AM

1,400 posts, read 864,120 times
I wonder if the Sunday shows will invite him to talk about this law, or if he will be used to bash all things Trump as per usual?

Old 12-24-2017, 05:52 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
If anyone doubted the cruelty of liberals, just reread this thread.
The cruelty of the gop is forcing women to birth children they know they won’t be able to take care of properly while taking away funding for people with disabilities.

It breaks my heart when I see this 70 year old petite woman in my neighborhood push around her 40 year old son with Down syndrome. She can barely take care of herself at her current age yet has to take care of her child for the rest of her and his life. What happens when she is gone? Who will take care of her son like she does? The city? Yea right

Old 12-24-2017, 06:03 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,549 times
The gop cares so much about fetuses

But don’t give a damn about kids

That’s really some cognitive dissonance in that thinking

Old 12-24-2017, 06:08 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Kasich proved last election he's an idiot.

People will just drive across state lines if they want to abort.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:01 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
I am pro-life but this will never withstand a Constitutional challenge. The RvW decision does not state that you have a right to abortion unless.........

That said, these tests are not perfect. I have to imagine that this accounts for very few abortions but it opens other questions.

One side is absolutely correct in condemning Kasich and the GOP for not giving a care after the child is born. It's a very fair point. I am pro-life but I am also very supportive of providing programs to assist families the rest of their lives also.

On the other hand, do we acknowledge that a woman who obviously wanted a pregnancy is left with the thought that she may have ended the life of her perfectly viable fetus? Do we understand she may have real issues to deal with? Or do we sweep that under the rug?

Old 12-24-2017, 08:06 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
The cruelty of the gop is forcing women to birth children they know they won’t be able to take care of properly while taking away funding for people with disabilities.

It breaks my heart when I see this 70 year old petite woman in my neighborhood push around her 40 year old son with Down syndrome. She can barely take care of herself at her current age yet has to take care of her child for the rest of her and his life. What happens when she is gone? Who will take care of her son like she does? The city? Yea right
Hahah your team wont even let a baker decide who to bake a cake for.

The govt should have no say on abortion either way.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:10 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...on-ban-n832336

Ohio is prohibiting doctors from performing abortions based on a diagnosis of Down syndrome, joining other states with similarly strict legislation.

Republican Gov. John Kasich signed the legislation into law on Friday. Lawmakers had sent the bill to him earlier this month, in one of their last acts of the year.

I'm sure the state will also provide financial resources to support these families as these babies turn 30, 40, 50 and their parents die off, right?
No, they won't and this is but one reason why I never would have voted for Kasich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I guess this is where the liberals' love affair with Kasich ends.
A true 'liberal' was never in love with Kasich - although he did at least appear sane against the backdrop of the likes of Little Marco, Lyin Ted, and tiny hands Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies