Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 09:55 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,067,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
once again i will remind all you liberals that the trumps dont make anything, they license out their name to those that do make goods and sell them in this country. the trumps have NO control over where the items are made. but you always seem to forget that part, which is typical of hypocrites.
Oh give me a break. They could easily open up manufacturing companies in the US to produce their own products. They have the money so what's the problem.

Old 12-24-2017, 10:03 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Never. They are the most dishonest bunch we've ever seen and their supporters eat it up. Ivanka said her daddy's tax plan will eliminate the debt, while Trump brags to his rich buddies that he made them richer. They put the fox in charge of the hen house so he could loot the nation.

EXACTLY!

Old 12-24-2017, 10:18 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
We're closing on a year, and the President who is so bent on the "America First" platform is still making most of his stuff in overseas factories, even though he criticizes other businesses who do the same. Same for most of Ivanka's stuff. Those are things that could be made here with the benefit of American jobs. No comment from Trump on even a timeline to get there.

So it's simple question, and of you want to defend his globalization strategies for his own businesses, then I have another question for you:

Why do you not think it important for a leader to lead by example when it comes to the policies he claims to champion? As champions of better laders than the Democrats, do you not care about integrity?

And have the common decency not to deflect with "Obama this" and "Hillary that." They may both be scumbags who have done bad things, but Trump is the President now, this is HIS policy platform, and these are HIS businesses that he DIDN'T divest. Whatever they did / didn't do does NOT change Trump's apparent hypocrisy. Why is it "do as I say, not as I do" when it comes to "America first" for Donald Trump?

I think I know why, but I'll first leave it to others to come up with answers.
Unless you want something really exotic, all flooring is now being produced in the USA.
You can pay more for Italian or Spanish Tiles, or some wool carpets from New Zealand.
Carpet, Hardwood, Tiles, Vinyl, Rubber, all being produced right here in the USA

Old 12-24-2017, 10:30 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Oh give me a break. They could easily open up manufacturing companies in the US to produce their own products. They have the money so what's the problem.
sure, if trump wanted to manufacture products, he could open plants here in america, that said however he doesnt manufacture anything. he does license his name to manufacturers that sell products we americans buy, but that does not give trump the right to tell the manufacturer of these products where they should be made, only how much the manufacturer needs to pay trump for using his name.

Old 12-24-2017, 10:38 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
sure, if trump wanted to manufacture products, he could open plants here in america, that said however he doesnt manufacture anything. he does license his name to manufacturers that sell products we americans buy, but that does not give trump the right to tell the manufacturer of these products where they should be made, only how much the manufacturer needs to pay trump for using his name.
You Trump supporters are such a joke. You salivate on Trump bringing jobs back to the US. He hasn't brought any jobs back though. What would make a huge impact if he and his daughter would have their manufacturing plants in the the US... saying US made.

Old 12-24-2017, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You Trump supporters are such a joke. You salivate on Trump bringing jobs back to the US. He hasn't brought any jobs back though. What would make a huge impact if he and his daughter would have their manufacturing plants in the the US... saying US made.

Tells how much control you would have over a subcontractor making your stuff?

Old 12-24-2017, 11:15 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,114,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Tells how much control you would have over a subcontractor making your stuff?
They have the control over who does use their name. I mean, he’s president, a celebrity, etc...you would think he could find USA manufacturers who would leap at the chance to help spur an initiative to make more in America.

It doesn’t sound like he’s really all that powerful if we’re supposed to accept that he somehow has no true control in the end of what his name is associated with. He expects it/promotes it from everyone else, so surely it’s possible, right?

Old 12-24-2017, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
They have the control over who does use their name. I mean, he’s president, a celebrity, etc...you would think he could find USA manufacturers who would leap at the chance to help spur an initiative to make more in America.

It doesn’t sound like he’s really all that powerful if we’re supposed to accept that he somehow has no true control in the end of what his name is associated with. He expects it/promotes it from everyone else, so surely it’s possible, right?

The only control over a vendor/subcontractor to remain independent, is what you want it to look like, and what material/media it's made of. Tell me when you are done.

Now, that vendor can subcontract out that work to who ever he wishes and as many other companies as they wish, as long as the final product meets the contract specifications.

You can get 5 bids. Hate 3 of them for various reasons and go with me, even though I came in higher priced. We just clicked.
Now come time to do the job, I have subcontracted to the very 3 guys you got bids from and hated. They are doing the work and you cannot say much about it. I have a contract with you to fill. I'm not your employee.

Last edited by BentBow; 12-24-2017 at 11:45 PM..

Old 12-24-2017, 11:39 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,114,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The only control over a vendor/subcontractor to remain independent, is what you want it to look like, and what material/media it's made of. Tell me when you are done.

Now, that vendor can subcontract out that work to who ever he wishes and as many other companies as they with, as long as the final product meets the contract specifications.
You mean initial contracts with vendors can never spell out that they must be made in America or anything like that? It’s all part of good due diligence and negotiation if you are actually concerned with how your products are made. Goodness, so many excuses for the man who is supposedly the most powerful in the world, but can’t even specify that products with his name must be American made.

The FTC has guidelines for whether or not manufacturers can use the Made in USA phrase. Surely to comply with this, these manufacturers are either able to manufacture it themselves here or make sure their subcontractors comply. If they can, so can Trump. https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/busi...e-usa-standard

Old 12-24-2017, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
You mean initial contracts with vendors can never spell out that they must be made in America or anything like that? It’s all part of good due diligence and negotiation if you are actually concerned with how your products are made. Goodness, so many excuses for the man who is supposedly the most powerful in the world, but can’t even specify that products with his name must be American made.

Nope, that would be an issue of control over how the other company accomplishes the task asked.
As long as it is done to national standards, you cannot tell them how to skin the cat. You can tell your employees that, but not a subcontract vendor.
That is not to say many do, and with the vendor wanting the work, tries his best to accommodate his client. pick your battles in business, it isn't always cut and dry.

IRS form SS-8 Have one of those filed on you and see how much you know about subcontract law. Especially in a state that is not a "right to work" state and has a ROC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies