Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2017, 07:34 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Yes BOTH parties are at fault here they both do this. IF Trump hires someone to hire workers for anything and they turn out to be illegal then Trump is just as responsible for. Guilty by association. NO JOBS ARE COMING BACK HERE TO THE STATES! NO, company is planning to come back here and pay Americans a decent wage when they can stay where they are and pay people $5.00 a day or whatever it is to work.

We Googled 'Trump Polish workers.' Here's what we found | PolitiFact

Ask them that questions I'm sure they maids the groundskeepers are also illegal.

Um no, a business owner or anyone else who hires illegal aliens has to have "knowingly" done so. Until e-verify is mandated it's hard to prove since illegals use such authentic looking ID's/SS numbers to gain employment. Trump was never convicted of that. If illegals were hired on his projects by outside contractors "knowingly" then it is they that are to blame not Trump.

It's merely your opinion that jobs being outsourced can't be brought back with the right incentives in place. Maybe you should drop your negativity and stop remaining in denial.

Old 12-29-2017, 07:38 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
Grrrrrr...I’m mad. Dem darn illegals makin all that money in New Yawk and I can’t even afford a starter for my ‘99 Camaro or pay to put lil Jimbo in opioid rehab
Don't worry. You can stay on welfare until we get rid of the illegals.

Then we'll be cutting you off. The jobs that Americans "won't do" are the jobs you'll be doing.

Along with the rest of the welfare crowd -- if they want to eat, that is.

Old 12-29-2017, 07:39 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Um no, a business owner or anyone else who hires illegal aliens has to have "knowingly" done so. Until e-verify is mandated it's hard to prove since illegals use such authentic looking ID's/SS numbers to gain employment. Trump was never convicted of that. If illegals were hired on his projects by outside contractors "knowingly" then it is they that are to blame not Trump.

It's merely your opinion that jobs being outsourced can't be brought back with the right incentives in place. Maybe you should drop your negativity and stop remaining in denial.

As I said he's guilty by association ignorance is not an excuse. Your making two billion a year here by paying people say 30K a year, When you can be making ten billion a year somewhere overseas and paying people $5.00 a day. Greed wins every time.

Old 12-29-2017, 07:40 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
There are THOUSANDS of American workers who would flock to make $35 an hour. I know this for a fact. I've seen Amercans flock to the middle of nowhere to do hard farm work for $13 an hour. An honest business who does not hire illegal immigrants will have hardly any hispanics on their crews. Mostly just poor whites who have traveled 1000 miles or more to work a 5 week 88hr/wk gig. Seen it with my ownes eyes. Most illegals get paid cash under the table.

What the ignorant do not realize, is the cost to live.
$35 an hour in NYC has the same buying power as $5 in Tescott, KS.
It sounds enticing, until it comes time to pay the bills and you are broke again.

Old 12-29-2017, 07:43 AM

9,509 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
I know someone who said this has been going on for years. Unbelievable! These are jobs real americans can do and LEGAL immigrants as well.

Disgusting
$25 per hour is nothing in NYC. And I doubt many real Americans and legal immigrants are chomping at the bit for these jobs.

Old 12-29-2017, 07:48 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
DH worked at a place that got federal contracts. Every contract stipulated that only USA citizens be employed.

They hired a clerk to verify that every one on the payroll was legit. Every week. It isn't that hard and the cost is the clerk.

When doing big construction projects, any real American should do the same. One would need to be excessively greedy to not verify citizenship of everyone on the worksite.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:29 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
NYC is a tale of two economies that works for that specific/unique municipality... It really isn't a place that can be modeled nor generalized across country. What is an "ok" wage just 20 miles away in NJ isn't going to get you by in NYC. Heck, there are legal garbage men in NYC making $100k annually.

If you paid all the low desirable but necessary jobs in NYC a NYC living wage, people would be paying 100's of dollars a plate just to have a meal at a mid-level restaurant. So those low level workers are typically subsidized in some manner... section 8 housing for example. So while illegals should be limited in employment, there aren't lines of americans lined up for those jobs even at those wages.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
NYC is a tale of two economies that works for that specific/unique municipality... It really isn't a place that can be modeled nor generalized across country. What is an "ok" wage just 20 miles away in NJ isn't going to get you by in NYC. Heck, there are legal garbage men in NYC making $100k annually.

If you paid all the low desirable but necessary jobs in NYC a NYC living wage, people would be paying 100's of dollars a plate just to have a meal at a mid-level restaurant. So those low level workers are typically subsidized in some manner... section 8 housing for example. So while illegals should be limited in employment, there aren't lines of americans lined up for those jobs even at those wages.

Then companies need to pay more or go out of business. There is no justification to hire illegal aliens it's against the law! We are subsidizing them through our taxes to the tune of over $100 billion annually. The 100's of dollars a plate not in a high end restaurant is a myth. Funny, throughout our history we have always had affordable restaurants.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
As I said he's guilty by association ignorance is not an excuse. Your making two billion a year here by paying people say 30K a year, When you can be making ten billion a year somewhere overseas and paying people $5.00 a day. Greed wins every time.

No, he's not! Why don't you study our laws instead of spouting nonsense? As I said, Trump is addressing all of these problems. Please don't respond to me anymore. Sick of telling you the facts while you ignore them.

Old 12-29-2017, 10:53 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
How do you know they won't take them?

How do you know that the employers would hire them?

If an employer can pay an illegal alien less, he won't hire an American.

And why should an American worker do a dangerous, highly skilled $75/hour plus benefits job for $35/hour with no benefits?

Maybe we should have an illegal do YOUR job for less.

Or have your business competitors hire illegals and underbid YOU.

Or have your business competitors BE illegals, which a lot are in the construction industry -- illegals hiring illegals and driving whole American companies out of business.

When that happens to you, well, I guess you can just tighten your belt, cut expenses, and work harder.

Maybe share your house with two other families, with everybody parking their cars on the front lawn.

I'm sure your neighbors would love that.

And when you complain about it, we'll just say you need to toughen up, try harder, and stop being such a loser.
Again, why would an American stay jobless insead of taking a $35/h job? He has no bills to pay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies