Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 11:31 AM

993 posts, read 766,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
You shouldn’t be giving anyone advice on “using your brain.” You should be more informed before spouting your “I know better than you” comment.

No one ever said “Merry Christmas” was ever gone. We are saying that the last administration tried to suppress it in order to appear politically correct. That is what Trump is saying.
And I say unto you: use your brain. There are dozens of sources online to prove that what you say isn’t so. Again, antinimby....just because Fox News tells you it’s so, doesn’t make it true.

A political editor at AP News is a friend of mine. He writes many of the fact check articles for AP. AP works hard to get it right, unlike Trump and Trump news outlets. Trump has lied about this, as has Fox News and other conservative news outlets.

It’s beyond me why people will swallow these news stories whole. I always research stories, ferreting out many points of view. I am not a liberal, I am not a conservative....I’m an independent, a moderate. I don’t trust any source to tell me what’s true. I go to the effort to determine it for myself. Not always easy and I’m never 100% convinced.

AP FACT CHECK: Trump on making Christmas great again - NY Daily News

Trump claims he saved 'Merry Christmas' from assault, despite Obama having said it every year | The Independent

https://www.npr.org/2017/11/30/56752...he-white-house
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2017, 11:36 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Of course saying Happy Holidays is not wrong per se. It is trying to be politically correct but when doing so, you are then trying to deny a clearly Christian holiday of it’s Christian tradition.

LOL. The last time I checked, it is the Left that is protesting and rioting in the streets because they did not get their way and doing everything possible to subvert and overthrow a duly elected president just because he is from a different party/point of view.

Your “anti-self-righteous twits” describes your Left perfectly.
Thank you, Dear Leader Trump, for making it legal for persecuted Christians to emerge from our hiding places and, finally, utter those once-forbidden words again! Glory!

Old 12-25-2017, 12:56 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Talking Have you ever seen a President have a better Christmas than President Donald John Trump?

Well, it's true that in all of US history, only 44 others have had a better first year.

Now, what's the call?

Old 12-25-2017, 12:58 PM

11,097 posts, read 7,154,662 times
All other Christmas's were better. We at least didn't have a delusional freak in the WH.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 12-25-2017 at 01:16 PM..

Old 12-25-2017, 01:10 PM

10,757 posts, read 4,344,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
I don't believe that either Kim or ISIS is running scared. ISIS will probably splinter off into another terrorist group. Kim will continue working on a nuclear program. The effects of your other statements won't be apparent for sometime. Keep telling yourself that it's the best Christmas ever.
I'm being kind to ISIS when I say they are running scared. They control less than 5% of Syria.

Old 12-25-2017, 01:23 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Sometimes the silliness from Trumpees is about as childish as it gets, and you actually have to feel embarrassed for them.
I don't feel the least bit sorry for any of them - I just hate every single one of them for the damage they're causing to the planet I live on and the people with whom I share it.

Old 12-25-2017, 01:30 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
Trump is rich and successful, of course those that are neither will be filled with envy and jealousy, no surprise here.

Old 12-25-2017, 01:35 PM

19,758 posts, read 22,666,896 times
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-m...hristmas-trip/

Quote:
President Trump kicked off his holiday weekend at Mar-a-Lago Friday night at a dinner where he told friends, "You all just got a lot richer," referencing the sweeping tax overhaul he signed into law hours earlier. Mr. Trump directed those comments to friends dining nearby at the exclusive club -- including to two friends at a table near the president's who described the remark to CBS News-- as he began his final days of his first year in office in what has become known as the "Winter White House."

The president has spent many weekends of his presidency so far at the "Winter White House," where initiation fees cost $200,000, annual dues cost $14,000, and some of the most affluent members of society have the opportunity to interact with the president in a setting while many Americans cannot. This weekend, the president arrived after signing the most consequential legislation, and arguably, the greatest achievement, of his presidency thus far.
Merry Christmas. The wealth gap widens even more. Congrats, GOP, congrats.. Way to bilk America.

Old 12-25-2017, 01:41 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amenalot View Post
Obama put Happy Holidays on his Christmas portrait, that's the 8 years of Happy Holidays I'm referring to.
portrait?

LOL

that's because Obama had enough sense to know he was president of the entire nation, unlike tRump, who is only president of his base.

Old 12-25-2017, 01:51 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amenalot View Post
Obama gave us 8 years of Happy Holidays....
And workplaces were shunning Merry Christmas.

It is amazing what people choose to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies