Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 08:15 PM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-fan View Post
Hey, can you post a picture of you in the 80's? When I grew up (more 70s and 80's) my parents traveled the world, sometimes with us kids, and taught us to never be the Ugly Americans. For example, when people didn't understand English, just speak English slower and LOUDER. I never understood how people could act that way when visiting other people's homes, but you seem to have been the ugly American, so it would be really cool to see what you looked like back then.
I hate to dissapoint you, but I looked like the typical college kid.

As far as my attitude, I have done both. I have done the whole foreign language dictionary thing, trying to put phrases and sentences together in the native tongue. My French was actually getting pretty good at one time. I also did the “ugly American” thing at times. You know what? I think the service was better when I did the ugly American routine. At least they didn’t look at me like a blithering idiot as I butchered their languages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2017, 08:15 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,744,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Now we have a president who is REALLY AND TRULY not respected internationally
Because he puts the needs of America first instead of the world.

Old 12-25-2017, 08:18 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,949,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Because he puts the needs of America first instead of the world.
That's exactly right. Of the countries polled, all but two preferred Obama because he, like all NATO countries, put global interests above personal profit.

Old 12-25-2017, 10:41 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Would you name one of these presidents please.

Ahh yeah. I thought so.

Oh, actually, Waldo, we can name at least one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdj6uAB0H80

Bet it is disheartening for your boy Trump to never get this kind of reception and respect, isn't it ?

Old 12-25-2017, 11:34 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Do you believe everything you read? This is the NYT (a.k.a., "The New York Slimes").

Where have you heard the Trump Administration "celebrating" Russia? Have you forgotten, or did you even know about, Hillary's "Russian Reset?" Are you aware of Hillary's collusion with Russia to sell 20% of U.S. uranium to Russia (the Uranium One deal)?

Worse, it was Obama that made a deal (which he had no authority to do) with Iran (an enemy of the U.S.), which allows them to continue their development of nuclear weapons.

I think it is you and your Party that is delusional.
The NYT is reporting Pew results. Pew is well respected.

Old 12-25-2017, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You lost. Get over it.
America lost. It's sad.

Old 12-25-2017, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

Do you believe everything you read? This is the NYT (a.k.a., "The New York Slimes").

Where have you heard the Trump Administration "celebrating" Russia? Have you forgotten, or did you even know about, Hillary's "Russian Reset?" Are you aware of Hillary's collusion with Russia to sell 20% of U.S. uranium to Russia (the Uranium One deal)?

Worse, it was Obama that made a deal (which he had no authority to do) with Iran (an enemy of the U.S.), which allows them to continue their development of nuclear weapons.

I think it is you and your Party that is delusional.
The international community now understands that it is indisputable that Trump is in bed with Putin. Putin plays a better game.

Obama was weak with Iran, Korea, Venezuela, Russia. That blew up in the face of the USA after Trump was elected, but what Trump has done is poke a stick everywhere he can. He's looking for an excuse to make war, like Bush with his imaginary weapons of mass destruction.

Old 12-25-2017, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Because they're liberals Duh
Canada survived the financial crisis much better than the USA. Wonder why? Oh yeah, and it spends less on its "socialized healthcare" as a percentage of GDP than the USA.

Results?

Canadians live longer. Period. Fact. End of story.

Old 12-25-2017, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Why would we care who the Canadians prefer? The Canadians didn't consult with us when they elected Trudeau nor do they consult with us as to what their national priorities or policies are.
You might want to start caring.

Canada is the number one buyer of US goods and services in the world. You know, that stuff that the economy depends on?

Old 12-25-2017, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Canada survived the financial crisis much better than the USA. Wonder why? Oh yeah, and it spends less on its "socialized healthcare" as a percentage of GDP than the USA.

Results?

Canadians live longer. Period. Fact. End of story.
Canada, China, Japan and Germany are prosperous compared to the USA.

Trump is attempting to minimize USA debt to Canada and Mexico through changing the trade agreement. He has no intention of moving industry back to the USA, or bring jobs back to his america. That's just a line he feeds to vulnerable people to get them to vote for him.

He wants to keep manufacturing in Mexico, but he wants to cheat the workers of fair pay and thereby reduce the US deficit. Canada is not Mexico, and Mexico expects to be treated like Canada. The USA is a bit pinched by Canada, China, Japan, Mexico and Germany. The USA still thinks it has the upper hand.

Does Trump's bullying work internationally?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies