Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 03:43 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times

Advertisements

Your title is pretty funny. Republicans had no problem with their obsessive focus about Bill Clinton's tacky sexual escapade with Monica Lewinsky, but you consider the subject of Russian collusion to be "B.S."?

The president, by the way, doesn't "keep winning." He hadn't passed a single piece of major legislation until the tax bill - and that wasn't even his doing, because the Republican majority would have rammed that through with any Republican president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2017, 03:52 PM

6,261 posts, read 5,068,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I'll give you the Reader's Digest condensed version here. We aren't going to give up until we correct the mistake the Republicans made this past election. Trump needs to go so we can start healing this country and the wounds he has inflicted upon us all.
I read the OP and planned on writing a post indicating my hope that the Democrat party would pull itself together, refocus on the American people, find a way to move the old guard out of the way so as to provide breathing room for up and comers in the party, learn the lessons from the Clinton loss and stop with the divisiveness.

I got as far as Post #2 ^^^^^ and was reminded that there are a whole lotta liberals roaming around across the country who feel exactly the same way you do. You guys don't even SEE what you have turned into. Keep on keeping on, Dude.

My RD condensed version. People are tired of the hate. And your party will continue to lose ground. You got nuthin'.

Old 12-26-2017, 03:55 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,721,722 times
I have abandoned the Democratic Party in the same way they abandoned the working class, allowing the Republicans to lead them (members of the working class) to slaughter. Unfortunately, with the exception of small, far left political parties, the working class has no true champions of the working class that can win any office in a national election.

It is a sad state of affairs.

Old 12-26-2017, 03:57 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurn350 View Post
Except for one thing, though: Liberals typically don't show up for midterm elections.
They may have more incentive now. We shall see.

Old 12-26-2017, 03:59 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I read the OP and planned on writing a post indicating my hope that the Democrat party would pull itself together, refocus on the American people, find a way to move the old guard out of the way so as to provide breathing room for up and comers in the party, learn the lessons from the Clinton loss and stop with the divisiveness.

I got as far as Post #2 ^^^^^ and was reminded that there are a whole lotta liberals roaming around across the country who feel exactly the same way you do. You guys don't even SEE what you have turned into. Keep on keeping on, Dude.

My RD condensed version. People are tired of the hate. And your party will continue to lose ground. You got nuthin'.
Republicans demonstrated hate for eight years and Trump ran on calling Obama a Muslim Kenyan. Republicans created a tax bill designed to target blue states and colleges and wouldn't even give Democrats time to read the almost 500 page bill before holding the vote. They literally told Chuck Schumer "no" when asked for the weekend to read the bill. Odds are, the remaining Republicans left in blue states will be kicked out of blue states after the tax vote since their party voted specifically to target their states.

There is no reason for Democrats to work with Republicans after this. Let Republicans lose the remaining seats in blue states. Maybe Democrats will take the House in 2018 and the Senate in 2020. We'll just let this play out. Republicans decided to unite in opposition of Obama and now Democrats will unite in opposition of Trump. The country is probably going to regionalize and split in the future anyway - each half has absolutely nothing in common with the other.

Old 12-26-2017, 04:02 PM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times
My guess is no. They already trotted out " Bill Nye the scientifically illiterate guy" on TV today to counter the brutal snow and cold weather by giving dire warnings about global warming. Can't have the people wake up and look around them, have to put them back to sleep with fairy tales, right Mr. Nye?

Old 12-26-2017, 04:10 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
My guess is no. They already trotted out " Bill Nye the scientifically illiterate guy" on TV today to counter the brutal snow and cold weather by giving dire warnings about global warming. Can't have the people wake up and look around them, have to put them back to sleep with fairy tales, right Mr. Nye?
I am sure those that do not actually understand the effects of global warming probably would just role over and go back to sleep, science be hard for some, sleep easy.................

Old 12-26-2017, 04:13 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Republicans demonstrated hate for eight years and Trump ran on calling Obama a Muslim Kenyan. ....
LAWL.......

Trump's opponent was Hillary Clinton.

Old 12-26-2017, 04:14 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Another aspect of what the Republican party is doing is making college education an "enemy of the Republican party". As red states continue to view college education as a political enemy, fewer in their party will attain a college education, pushing their states further down economically. Companies will be less inclined to move to red states because of the lack of educated employees. Blue states will see less reason to be a part of a country where they basically fund the enemy, further motivating them to pull away. Republicans are reaping what they sow and Democrats should just watch it play out.

Old 12-26-2017, 04:16 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post

The president, by the way, doesn't "keep winning." .....
He's been winning all year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies