Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 08:14 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 1 day ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times

Advertisements

The past 11 1/2 months PLUS the almost two years before today have proven one thing:

If Political Correctness includes treating others with dignity and respect when they did nothing to deliberately menace or demean others, then some amount of political correctness is necessary for a civilized, humane society. If you don't believe me, ask the rest of the world and the people he demeaned cruelly for no good reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2017, 08:17 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I find it absolutely amazing that the Republican Party is now the party of rudeness and crudeness because being considerate is so..."politically correct". Please proceed GOP.
Every single time I see somebody whine about "political correctness," it is just because they are mad that they can't spout off bigotry in public anymore, tell off-color jokes and force everyone to laugh, or just be mean, petty twits. Without fail, they are either angry old men who are ticked that they have to show some respect or class in public, or - in fewer cases - angry young men who just want to be like all the angry old men in their lives. It is pathetic that the Republican party has sunken to the level of defending that type of immature behavior, but that is what happens when a cult mindset takes over.

Right-wingers will do ANYTHING to be "the opposite" of "liberals." If Obama had issued a presidential decree that breathing was good for you and he strongly supported it, we would have seen hundreds or more cases of self-asphyxiation in the weeks that followed just because righties "ain't gonna do what liberals tell them."

Old 12-30-2017, 08:18 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post

People who support PC culture want to make it a punishable crime for people to say anything that is not PC.
Like "Happy Holidays" or "Evidence-Based" or "Transgender" or "Diversity"?

https://www.vox.com/2017/12/18/16792...rd-ban-science

officials at the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention had been banned from using words and phrases like “evidence-based,” “fetus”, and “transgender”...

Old 12-30-2017, 04:47 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post
Absolutely nothing.

Sorry for the confusion, I didn't think anyone would take my sarcasm seriously. The merry Christmas line was ACTUALLY spoken in a commercial about how we should all be so grateful to our Sun King.

And yes, how he misrepresents reality is ****ing pathetic...
OK. Just remember, it's hard to post something too crazy on this forum!

Old 12-30-2017, 05:29 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Like "Happy Holidays" or "Evidence-Based" or "Transgender" or "Diversity"?

https://www.vox.com/2017/12/18/16792...rd-ban-science

officials at the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention had been banned from using words and phrases like “evidence-based,” “fetus”, and “transgender”...
The new government sponsored PC is based upon willful ignorance.

Old 12-30-2017, 05:38 PM

1,022 posts, read 739,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
No more PC which is one of the best things!

Thanks President Trump!
Thank you for the post and Thank You President Trump

Old 12-30-2017, 05:43 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,182 times
Quote:
"Political Correctness" can be removed from the dictionary!
So, you're saying that we should remove these words from acceptable use?

Old 12-30-2017, 05:49 PM

2,911 posts, read 1,359,544 times
Quote:
Political Correctness" can be removed from the dictionary! Thanks President Trump! One of the best things!

No more PC which is one of the best things!

Thanks President Trump!
Removing it from the dictionary means it won't happen any more? If that's true I vote that we remove theft, murder, and all those other negative words from the dictionary. I don't like them and I think most people agree with me. Let's get them gone, folks, right now!

Old 12-30-2017, 05:50 PM

2,911 posts, read 1,359,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedintime View Post
Thank you for the post and Thank You President Trump
Oh yes, Praise the Trump! Thank you, Jesus. Thank you, Trump.

Old 12-30-2017, 06:06 PM

1,022 posts, read 739,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
Oh yes, Praise the Trump! Thank you, Jesus. Thank you, Trump.
Sounds like a west coast liberal trying to degrade anyone with a different viewpoint.

Now that a lot of people with this insulting nature have been herded mostly within 50 miles of the ocean, just one more shove into the water could solve a bunch of problems. Come on San Andreas Fault !

See, your kind will bring out the worst in even me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies