Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 08:17 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Yet he will still spend a 100 million on a un needed wall.
By your "reasoning" why have ANY laws AT ALL?

After all they will just be broken.

Maybe we should make every body in the country tear down their fences and start with the White House, then ALL military bases.

We should make all the dems who vote against a wall tear down the walls and fences around their private homes.

I'd bet that would go over big for the likes of feinstrein and pelosi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2017, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
For the umpteenth time Trump did not call Mexicans in general rapists, etc. He was referring to those here illegally and he didn't say they were all that way. I can't believe that this lie is still being repeated for well over a year now.
Don't confuse them with the FACTS.

It will force them back to their "safe places"!

Old 12-30-2017, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Liberal logic? Um no it's common sense that's what those have who DIDN"T vote for trump have.
Second any fool can find a way around, over or though a wall if they want though it bad enough.

Breath.
"Liberal logic? Um no it's common sense that's what those have who DIDN"T vote for trump have."

Your self congratulations shows otherwise.

"Second any fool can find a way around, over or though a wall if they want though it bad enough."

NOTHING is PERFECT.

And I though you had claimed "common sense".

Even if only stops 50% it is good for the country.

Old 12-30-2017, 08:34 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Most Americans continue to oppose U.S. border wall, doubt Mexico would pay for it

As was the case throughout the presidential campaign, more Americans continue to oppose (62%) than favor (35%) building a wall along the entire U.S. border with Mexico.
Most Americans continue to oppose U.S. border wall | Pew Research Center

I seriously doubt it but even if it's true we have far too many bleeding hearts and ethnocentrics that probably participated in that poll. Far too many Americans don't know the costs of illegal immigration vs the wall either. Far too many don't know how the good walls already erected on the border have cut back illegal entry in those areas significantly. You see, you have to get yourself informed before deciding something is good, bad or effective.

I don't care if Mexico pays for it or not because it's necessary tool for our national security and will cost the taxpayer far less than the costs of illegal immigration. If Mexico does pay it wont' be voluntarily but they can be forced to do so involuntarily.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:32 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
President Trump sent roughly a quarter fewer Mexicans back to their home country between January and December this year than former President Barack Obama did during the same period in 2016, according to Mexican government data.

Trump's administration sent about 152,000 Mexican nationals back to their home country, compared to roughly 205,000 in the first 11 months of 2016.

The Mexican government considers the 152,000 individuals to be repatriated, meaning migration officials ordered they be returned to their country of origin, according to Bloomberg News.
Cracking down on immigration was a hallmark of Trump's presidential campaign, with a particular focus on building a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border. Trump has drawn criticism for his rhetoric toward Mexicans, who he called "rapists" and criminals during his campaign launch event in 2015

Trump sent fewer Mexicans home from US in 2017 than Obama in 2016
Have you figured out why? I guess not, you just take anything you read at face value. He has sent fewer home because fewer are crossing he border and no, he did not call Mexicans rapists and criminals: He referred to some of them as rapists and criminals or have you forgotten that part? As for the wall, God only knows he has tried to get a bill through that will finance the bill. It hasn't happened and probably won't.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:38 AM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Just build the wall.
There will be no way around it for the ordinary traveling civilian. Nor under.

And certainly not over a 30 foot wall. You could give away free 45 foot ladders in Mexico and there would still be no way for an ordinary person to get in from Mexico.

Just build the wall. We could use UN money!

Old 12-30-2017, 09:42 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There are many people guarding the wall at the White House. A wall itself would not stop anyone as we have seen. Are we going to place a guard every 20 feet or so? We could likely do this if we brought our troops home.
So we'll get troops to guard the border and we'll put some high tech stuff along the wall - video, etc.
Not a problem and I agree with you that we need to pull troops out of foreign countries and put them on the border.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:44 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
President Trump sent roughly a quarter fewer Mexicans back to their home country between January and December this year than former President Barack Obama did during the same period in 2016, according to Mexican government data.

Trump's administration sent about 152,000 Mexican nationals back to their home country, compared to roughly 205,000 in the first 11 months of 2016.

The Mexican government considers the 152,000 individuals to be repatriated, meaning migration officials ordered they be returned to their country of origin, according to Bloomberg News.
Cracking down on immigration was a hallmark of Trump's presidential campaign, with a particular focus on building a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border. Trump has drawn criticism for his rhetoric toward Mexicans, who he called "rapists" and criminals during his campaign launch event in 2015

Trump sent fewer Mexicans home from US in 2017 than Obama in 2016
That’s because he slammed the door shut. They stopped coming over.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:53 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I didn't bother to read your very liberal media story, so I will ask. did they count all the people turned around at the border as "deported" as Obama a did which INCREASED his deportation numbers?

Not my fault you didn't read it. Read it and found out for yourself.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:54 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
So we'll get troops to guard the border and we'll put some high tech stuff along the wall - video, etc.
Not a problem and I agree with you that we need to pull troops out of foreign countries and put them on the border.
I'd be willing to make that trade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies