Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 05:58 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,705,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
And I see no problem with what China is doing. They do whatever is in their national interest.

I wish the United States would do the same.
Agreed. Had the US been minding it's best interests over the past two decades, the world would probably be a whole lot more sane and tame at this point.

CN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 06:01 PM

17,300 posts, read 11,160,657 times
Quote:
The Chinese aren’t gonna turn their backs on a fellow Asian nation at the behest of a foreign western interloper, and I don’t blame them.

We wouldn’t do that to a nation in our hemisphere at the behest of the Chinese either.
North Korea has become little more than a big pain in the you know what to China. China has a great deal to lose if a war occurs. Their economy will take a big hit, at least as much as ours will.
North Korea is now a destabilizing factor on it's border with starving people and a nut job for a ruler. This isn't the 1970s. China will do what's best for China even if that includes turning it's back on North Korea if they strike the first blow.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:03 PM

12,268 posts, read 6,430,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
China is the country we really need to watch in the future. They are a growing monster, and we keep feeding them more money by having almost everything we sell here made over there. They keep getting richer and stronger, and we keep getting poorer and weaker.

They will NEVER turn their back on NK, there is too long of a history and too much at stake for them to leave them. Trump was fooled when he bragged about how he and the Chinese were now on the same page.
China is investing heavily in Africa and South America while we invest in more weaponry. Nothing monstrous about them.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I have mentioned this before..........China is walking the fence........But they are not going to be able to go unnoticed...........Japan for one is not going to allow them to "control" Asia.........

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/j...reat-sktrcqrtg
China may get a little competition from the Indians as well. They seem to be really ramping up their military prowess as well.

CN

Old 12-29-2017, 06:09 PM

39,809 posts, read 26,373,680 times
Quote:
And I see no problem with what China is doing. They do whatever is in their national interest.

I wish the United States would do the same.
America First, right? I actually agree.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:13 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,884,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
America First, right? I actually agree.
Good to know, Nation over Parties and Politicians

Old 12-29-2017, 06:14 PM

736 posts, read 351,434 times
Should put a blockaded of NK. No ship gets in or out without inspection. If any ship attempts to leave the or enter the blockaded without, then is forcefully boarded or fired upon.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:15 PM

39,809 posts, read 26,373,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Good to know, Nation over Parties and Politicians
Absolutely. Seems to be an idea that has been lost by many lately.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
China is investing heavily in Africa and South America while we invest in more weaponry. Nothing monstrous about them.
China also is investing in offensive weaponry.

Aircraft carriers, and a blue water navy to be specific.

They are preparing.

20-30 years out there will be no stopping them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/asiato..._11164324.html

CN

Old 12-29-2017, 06:29 PM

22,619 posts, read 24,456,098 times
Most of NK's military is old junk. They have some advanced goodies...... but the clunky stuff they have could be leveled in short-order. Artillery is a very good weapon to have........but as a basis for a modern military, nope. The speed, power and accuracy of truly modern weapons is crazy and a total
game-changer, when used against a military that has little or no modern weapons. Throw on top of that fact, the intelligence-capabilities that the USA has, uck...........a properly implemented attack would be quick and brutal.

I can almost guarantee you the US-Military has all of NK's artillery-batteries quite accurately
mapped-out. Evacuate Seoul and attack with precision, deep-penetrating munitions, that would hamburgerize so many troops in very short order.

I am not a warmonger...but the real question is do we let NK develop better and better nukes, yes or no. If the answer is no, I think it is obvious that talk-diplomacy is not enough. China is the main
sticking-point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies