Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 10:57 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
America has been a mass murderer.

History is full of mass murder.

The Communists murdered multiples more innocent people than the Nazis did, and Hitler kept them from doing that in Western Europe.

That's the truth, like it or not.

As for the Holocaust, there have been many holocausts, and Hitler's was by no means the worst of them.
The "good guys" haven't been so innocent, either.

Eisenhower was responsible for 800,000 disarmed German soldiers being put behind barbed wire and exposed to the elements without food or water, leading to their deaths. Most of them were supposed to be sent to France to perform forced labor as part of reparations, but the French complained that they were living skeletons when they got them, and were not good for doing any work.

In the meantime, victor's "justice" -- complete with pompous speeches -- was being delivered in Nuremberg.
No power has ever been as merciful to a defeated enemy as America, Britain, and the Commonwealth were to Germany.

If the war had gone the other way I can only imagine the atrocities.

Old 01-03-2018, 11:03 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
No power has ever been as merciful to a defeated enemy as America, Britain, and the Commonwealth were to Germany.

That has to do with strategic considerations though. It would be strategically insane to commit genocide in Germany, pave the ground for revolts and massively weaken the buffer against Stalin's Soviet Russia. A well developed German economy and military was crucial as deterrence against the Soviet Union.

Old 01-03-2018, 01:37 PM

272 posts, read 134,516 times
Quote:
I agree that it would help if the civic nationalists got together with the white nationalists if the goal is to create a bigger tent. But I doubt the two groups can be reconciled. Civic nationalists accept multiculturalism, white nationalists don't.

As for the small size of the rally in Charlottesville, that's to be expected, given the repression that confronts white nationalists in this country. The SPLC and ADL have been very successful in going after white nationalist-type groups in court, winning judgments against them and seizing their assets. A white nationalist in San Diego was sued for violence he had nothing to do with that involved skinheads in Oregon. And the violence was not a one-way street. It was a fight in which somebody died. The San Diego white nationalist only managed to keep his house after a protracted legal battle.

BLM supporters have shot and killed two police officers in New York City, and six police officers in Dallas. Have BLM leaders been sued? No. Michael Brown's uncle repeatedly yelled "Burn it down!" in Ferguson, and the mob proceeded to torch the neighborhood. Was Michael Brown's uncle arrested? I doubt it.

You can be Bill Ayers, and you're fine. On the other hand, set up camp on Ruby Ridge, and you could end up dead.

With the weight of the government, the courts, the media, etc., being against whites advocating for themselves the way other groups do, it's not surprising that few people show up to rallies like "Unite the Right." Anyone who does risks losing his job, clients, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if people have lost their jobs just for openly supporting Donald Trump. And let's not forget the mobs who attacked Trump supporters in San Jose and Orange County, CA, as they came out of his campaign rallies.

The strength of the movement is not going to be its public face -- not for a while, anyway -- it's going to take the form of a silent majority, or a big enough silent minority that things change gradually. Trump's election, Brexit, the Visegrad countries, the wall in Hungary, and the strengthening of right wing parties across Europe are positive signs.

France has had a strong right wing ever since the French Revolution. I'm reading an interesting book on that right now. The National Front is just the latest manifestation. Before, there were many other groups.

As for the other countries you mention, they have multi-party systems, not just two-parties-plus-change like ours. But the right wing parties have been very marginal up until now. With Europe's censorship, they have a steep hill to climb. Again, it's a matter of a silent majority (or large minority) asserting itself quietly over time. However, it is important that there be a level of public activism such as Identitarian demonstrations that are not announced, and that accomplish their task -- unfurling a giant banner, filming it, then putting it on the web -- within minutes before the police arrive.

I hope we will get there. In the meantime, just going to a Trump rally or wearing a Trump baseball cap is doing a lot, comparatively speaking.
Good post. The hypocrisy and kids gloves treatment towards antifa/blm is pathetic and shows you waht we are up against.

We live in an enormous country , a land mass bigger than the roman empire. There is plenty of room for civic nationalists and ethnic nationalists under one tent. The reason the right wing polish march is so big is you have tons of right wing groups. Soldiers bikers,skinheads, soccer hooligans just regular patriotic right wing people

I just think America has not had very effective right wing leaders, its an enormous hill to climb to get a third party on the ballot but hell, thats how the republicans started. The reform party did very well just recently.

I am firmly convinced the republican party is less than useless , theya rent going to do anything about immigration. They never have. When ronald reagan was elected and the conservative revolution began in 1980, america was 80% white . Today its 63% and will continue to decline if the repubs have their way

Conservatives "conserve" nothing

Old 01-03-2018, 01:52 PM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
They killed people who fought the regime. They were a police state and a dictatorship, and they didn't tolerate dissent. They had a lot of Communists to deal with, who they had fought from the beginning.

They didn't kill Christians just to kill Christians.

The Communists did kill Christians just because they were Christian.
My grandparents had neighbors who had come as refugees after being liberated from a concentration camp. Most of their families had died in the camps. I saw the serial numbers tattooed on their forearms. Their crime? They were Catholics.

In villages in Luxembourg you can see pictures of the people who died in the camps. there are pictures of nuns, priests & children, none of whom look Jewish.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:25 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserFinn View Post
Canada
Germany
Norway
Iceland
Finland

Now this is soooo interesting....Please tell why?
All of those countries outdo the US according to the World Press Freedom Index. https://rsf.org/en/ranking

Norway has the most freedom of the press in the world. Finland is #3. Iceland #10. Canada #22. The US is at #43, beneath Burkina Faso.

The Cato Freedom Index has Canada and Finland in its top 10. (#6 and #9 respectively). The US is at #23. The only one of the countries mentioned that is less free than the US is Iceland at #25. (Germany is #13 and Norway is #14.) https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.o...6-update-3.pdf

Old 01-04-2018, 12:18 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
False. Do yourself a favor, and look up some facts before posting.
My sources are people like Solzhenitsyn and Churchill. And histories of the relevant countries by a variety of authors.

You appear to know very little.

Quote:

Keep believing that if it makes you feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
That has to do with strategic considerations though. It would be strategically insane to commit genocide in Germany, pave the ground for revolts and massively weaken the buffer against Stalin's Soviet Russia. A well developed German economy and military was crucial as deterrence against the Soviet Union.
General Patton was against what Eisenhower was doing for the very reason you mention. Eventually, the Allies wised up.

During WW I, the Germans were accused of committing atrocities in Belgium. Later, it was proven that those claims were false.

The difference between WW I and WW II is that the propaganda against the Germans never stopped after WW II. It continues to this day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapilot View Post
Good post. The hypocrisy and kids gloves treatment towards antifa/blm is pathetic and shows you waht we are up against.

We live in an enormous country , a land mass bigger than the roman empire. There is plenty of room for civic nationalists and ethnic nationalists under one tent. The reason the right wing polish march is so big is you have tons of right wing groups. Soldiers bikers,skinheads, soccer hooligans just regular patriotic right wing people

I just think America has not had very effective right wing leaders, its an enormous hill to climb to get a third party on the ballot but hell, thats how the republicans started. The reform party did very well just recently.

I am firmly convinced the republican party is less than useless , theya rent going to do anything about immigration. They never have. When ronald reagan was elected and the conservative revolution began in 1980, america was 80% white . Today its 63% and will continue to decline if the repubs have their way

Conservatives "conserve" nothing
I agree.

They tricked people for a long time. Trump finally made them show their hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
My grandparents had neighbors who had come as refugees after being liberated from a concentration camp. Most of their families had died in the camps. I saw the serial numbers tattooed on their forearms. Their crime? They were Catholics.

In villages in Luxembourg you can see pictures of the people who died in the camps. there are pictures of nuns, priests & children, none of whom look Jewish.
Those people were not targeted for being Christians. They were targeted for something else -- like agitating against the regime.

Quote:
All of those countries outdo the US according to the World Press Freedom Index. https://rsf.org/en/ranking

Norway has the most freedom of the press in the world. Finland is #3. Iceland #10. Canada #22. The US is at #43, beneath Burkina Faso.

The Cato Freedom Index has Canada and Finland in its top 10. (#6 and #9 respectively). The US is at #23. The only one of the countries mentioned that is less free than the US is Iceland at #25. (Germany is #13 and Norway is #14.) https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.o...6-update-3.pdf
These sites are obviously unreliable.

Germany, Canada, and Britain have criminalized racist and anti-immigrant speech and questioning the Holocaust.

They are not freer than the U.S.

Old 01-04-2018, 12:28 AM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
Those people were not targeted for being Christians. They were targeted for something else -- like agitating against the regime.
Sure, that's why their village was packed up & sent to the camps. Think whatever makes you feel good. I've know people & seen the memorials for christians killed by the Nazis.

Old 01-04-2018, 12:39 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Sure, that's why their village was packed up & sent to the camps. Think whatever makes you feel good. I've know people & seen the memorials for christians killed by the Nazis.
They were not killed for being Christian.

Even authors like William Shirer admit that.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:12 AM

27,138 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:

These sites are obviously unreliable.

Germany, Canada, and Britain have criminalized racist and anti-immigrant speech and questioning the Holocaust.

They are not freer than the U.S.
That's news to me, as far as I can recall the main legislation in the UK is in relation to Public Order and in order for an offence to take place there must be Harassment, alarm or distress caused to others, as for immigration debate, people are free to debate the issue of immigration and there was a nationwide debate as part of the Brexit campaign in the UK.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:17 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
I like the UK, Canada, Australia, Germany, Belgium, and many other countries, but I have been to those many times, so only feel comfortable commenting on them. I would like to experience some eastern European countries like the Czech Republic, and Hungary as they respect, and value their freedoms due to their oppressive, communist past. I am sure I would like them also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies