Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 06:31 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
There is NO prefect place but I would take one of those listed above IF I had the money. Other then Australia I HATE spiders!!!!

I felt the need to add this. While I'm not of either party this is the place I grew up in. I've never seen such hate and I mean just PURE hate for each other. We've always had are differences but this borders on insanity. Neither party is willing to work to make this country what it used to be or could be. We've lost something along the way and both parties and their voters are the ones to blame.
Keep the faith. The fat lady has not even warmed up yet. The U.S. is greater than a bunch of retards all clamouring for a return of the fifties.

Truly advanced and civilized societies are comprised of more than a bunch of sycophants all entranced with the latest, greatest smart phone.

Remember the pendulum. It has swung as far as it's going, reached apogee and will commence it's return swing soon.

This trend is temporary.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:35 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Having lived my adult life in two countries -- USA & Canada -- only reason we stay in USA -- weather. We moved here to chase the sun...nothing else. Absolutely nothing else is better here. Nope - it's good -- we like it -- but it isn't BETTER in any other respect than our life back in Canada -- except for no winter/no snow. End of story.

I spent years in Bermuda as a child and if I loved it too.

I think there are so many great countries....I don't know which is better......

Just give me no real winters

Old 12-29-2017, 09:18 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
The ones that are cheap for me to retire in.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:38 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,671,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
All of them are less corrupt, have more rule of law, have more price stability, have less governmental intervention in the financial sector, and offer more personal freedom than the US (albeit Australia and New Zealand aren't so great on firearms issues, they're better on other issues). All are easier to start businesses in than the US. Unfortunately for Americans but fortunately for their citizens, they have saner immigration policies.

NZ also offers stronger property rights, lower taxes, less debt, saner regulation policies, and fewer trade barriers.

Australia's government spending is less per capita than the US and the ratio of debt to GDP is smaller. The Reserve Bank operates in a more responsible fashion than the US Federal Reserve.

Switzerland also spends less per capita than the US with a lower ratio of debt to GDP. There is less debt and more openness to investment.

Firearm ownership isn't hard in NZ, as long as you aren't a violent convicted- no pistols though.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:45 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
Canada or Australia. I love the people in both countries. They are not nearly as uptight as us Americans. I have heard both sides of the story when it comes to Canadian healthcare. Either way it sounds better than ours.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:50 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
It seems the conservative posters have nothing but disdain for Canada and the industrialized nations of Europe, because diversity and social safety nets are bad. I’ve seen some positive remarks about Japan, Israel and Russia. What countries do you conservatives think are doing it right?
Well from here in Texas, I admire the following 4 countries the USA, Canada, Germany and Ireland. But I must say the Republic of Texas will always be my home and favorite.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:53 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Narnia

Neverland

Middle Earth

Wonderland

Xanadu

Lol!

Old 12-29-2017, 10:00 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
USA is a cut above!
A cut above the gates of hell maybe.

Old 12-29-2017, 10:03 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Narnia

Neverland

Middle Earth

Wonderland

Xanadu
Step out of your bunker, turn off right wing news and actually explore a brave new world out there.

Old 12-29-2017, 10:21 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Canada or Australia. I love the people in both countries. They are not nearly as uptight as us Americans. I have heard both sides of the story when it comes to Canadian healthcare. Either way it sounds better than ours.
Americans are uptight? How did you come to that conclusion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies