Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 08:48 AM

18,735 posts, read 7,606,770 times

Advertisements

A "transgender" (in this case a man who tries to become a woman) isn't a woman. He's merely a man who has undergone voluntary genital mutilation, and picked up a drug habit (hormones).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2017, 09:05 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Hope you enjoy paying VA disability, via your taxes for them to have surgery after they get out....
It doesn't work that way.
Disability is paid for conditions that occur during service and the term is service connected. What surgery they chose after they leave service is not service connected so no disability is paid.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:08 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Disability is paid for conditions that occur during service and the term is service connected. What surgery they chose after they leave service is not service connected so no disability is paid.
I fully understand, I'm at 70%....

If the surgery happens while in, they will get disability....

ETA, I could have written that a little different...if they have surgery while in, they will get VA disability....when they get out...

Old 12-30-2017, 09:08 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
That has already happened at least once IIRC, with more likely to follow.
happened or not, shouldn't be!!!! No elected surgeries should be paid for my the government unless they relieve pain or a deformity.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:13 AM

45,225 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
happened or not, shouldn't be!!!! No elected surgeries should be paid for my the government unless they relieve pain or a deformity.
I'll one up ya. No surgeries should be paid for by the govt., period, end of sentence. Take out an insurance policy and pay your own way.
And dont join the military unless you want to be killed, maimed, raped, addicted to drugs, etc. while doing the guvs dirty work.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Hope you enjoy paying VA disability, via your taxes for them to have surgery after they get out....
yep and this is where the problem lies. I have no problem with them serving, I have a problem with them getting medical coverage for some surgeries.

I also wonder how they are accepted and treated by their peers? Military people react to some situations very differently than civilians. Being gay is a bit different than being a transgender.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:16 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
well,

The Pentagon confirmed Tuesday that it will pay for a soldier’s gender reassignment surgery for the first time, according to multiple reports.

Because this service member had already begun a sex-reassignment course of treatment, and the treating doctor deemed this surgery medically necessary, a waiver was approved by the director of the Defense Health Agency,” White said. “The Supplemental Health Care Program will cover this surgery in accordance with the Department’s interim guidance on transgender Service members.”

Pentagon will pay for transgender soldier's reassignment surgery | TheHill

If transgender people are allowed to openly serve in the military, military has no choice but to pay for their sex-reassignment surgery IF they have already begun a sex-reassignment course of treatment. Once they get the surgery while openly serving in the military, they will be eligible for service related disability benefits. Yes, taxpayers will be responsible for their benefits forever.

My friend was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis 7 years after military service, he is not eligible for disability benefits because it was not service related; I have another friend who was diagnosed with the same condition WHILE serving in the Marine Corps, he is eligible for 20% disability benefits.

So if a transgender service member had already begun a sex-reassignment course of treatment, and the treating doctor deemed this surgery medically necessary, then he or she will be eligible for disability benefits.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:18 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
I fully understand, I'm at 70%....

If the surgery happens while in, they will get disability....

ETA, I could have written that a little different...if they have surgery while in, they will get VA disability....when they get out...
exactly!!

Old 12-30-2017, 09:18 AM

3,006 posts, read 2,629,648 times
So much hate for people who are willing to serve and die for their country.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well,

The Pentagon confirmed Tuesday that it will pay for a soldier’s gender reassignment surgery for the first time, according to multiple reports.

Because this service member had already begun a sex-reassignment course of treatment, and the treating doctor deemed this surgery medically necessary, a waiver was approved by the director of the Defense Health Agency,” White said. “The Supplemental Health Care Program will cover this surgery in accordance with the Department’s interim guidance on transgender Service members.”

Pentagon will pay for transgender soldier's reassignment surgery | TheHill

If transgender people are allowed to openly serve in the military, military has no choice but to pay for their sex-reassignment surgery IF they have already begun a sex-reassignment course of treatment. Once they get the surgery while openly serving in the military, they will be eligible for service related disability benefits. Yes, taxpayers will be responsible for their benefits forever.

My friend was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis 7 years after military service, he is not eligible for disability benefits because it was not service related; I have another friend who was diagnosed with the same condition WHILE serving in the Marine Corps, he is eligible for 20% disability benefits.

So if a transgender service member had already begun a sex-reassignment course of treatment, and the treating doctor deemed this surgery medically necessary, then he or she will be eligible for disability benefits.
to me, this is plain wrong. He should not have been allowed to enlist in that case. This doesn't mean he will not be a good soldier, but it does mean the government is paying for a surgery that should have been completed prior to his joining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies