Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 01:25 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
You clearly do not understand how evolution works. Organisms don't just change overnight into something else.

And you ask why people don't take your posts seriously.
That's the thing. If creationists want to try to argue against evolution, they should at least know what evolution actually is and how it works. Instead, they throw out punchlines that anybody with a basic elementary school science education could debunk like "If humans came from monkeys why are there still monkeys?" and expect it to be convincing.

Old 12-30-2017, 01:28 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
That's the thing. If creationists want to try to argue against evolution, they should at least know what evolution actually is and how it works. Instead, they throw out punchlines that anybody with a basic elementary school science education could debunk like "If humans came from monkeys why are there still monkeys?" and expect it to be convincing.
The irony is, there really are good arguments to be made in challenging evolution, but evolution-deniers rarely make them. Because to understand those arguments, you must first have a basic understanding of evolution itself, and most of them are quite frankly too stupid to understand it.

Old 12-30-2017, 01:39 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Really...Mr. Darwin...Then tell me what advantage would an animal or insect have with a partially formed wing. They would be easy prey and become extinct.
No species has ever had a "partially formed wing". Where would you even get an idea like that??? Here's a hint: do some research on the relationship between theropod dinosaurs and modern birds.

Like I said you obviously don't understand how evolution works making statements like that. I'm not going to give a science lesson in evolution to someone who doesn't even understand the basic concepts and rejects it so completely as you do.

Old 12-30-2017, 01:40 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
The irony is, there really are good arguments to be made in challenging evolution, but evolution-deniers rarely make them. Because to understand those arguments, you must first have a basic understanding of evolution itself, and most of them are quite frankly too stupid to understand it.
can you throw out one of these good arguments against, just so we'll have something semi-worthwhile to discuss?

Old 12-30-2017, 01:44 PM

46,956 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Dammit, can't find it now. There was a great quote about how every new theory has to survive all the sticks and stones thrown at it from the scientific establishment before it gains acceptance, and that's fine - but now we have the creationists arriving late, throwing marshmallows and yet they still expect to be taken seriously.

Old 12-30-2017, 01:54 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Right. As we keep pointing out, you don't even have a first-grade level understanding of evolution. And you make that blindingly obvious with every post, but are not even smart enough to realize it.

Almost painful to watch, really, even if it is someone I don't like. It's the equivalent of watching a drunk stumble around a room full of sober people, telling disgusting jokes and humping the sofa, thinking everyone is amazed at how clever he is. Difference is, the drunk at least wakes up sober the next morning.
Yes, this has become pathetic. I was entertained with all of these moronic postings but think putting it on ignore is the best coarse of action. Let me leave something actually entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew3QMyb0Kuw

Last edited by Oakformonday; 12-30-2017 at 02:29 PM..

Old 12-30-2017, 02:45 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Though according to your logic. Allow your nephew to flap his arms for a million years. And presto "he has wings"

Even my 8-yr-old nephew is smart enough to understand that is not the logic.

You must have started skipping school at a very young age. Most of what the theory said requires only a basic elementary or junior high level of schooling to understand.

You are only reinforcing the sad conservative stereotypes with this type of threads.

Old 12-30-2017, 03:11 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,930,400 times
Man, I really wish this were a fake photo, but it isn't:

Yes, we literally have people in this thread that believe stuff like what is shown in that photo from the creationist museum in KY (yes it actually exists) telling scientists on the ins and outs of evolution.

Old 12-30-2017, 03:22 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Man, I really wish this were a fake photo, but it isn't:

Yes, we literally have people in this thread that believe stuff like what is shown in that photo from the creationist museum in KY (yes it actually exists) telling scientists on the ins and outs of evolution.
That is sooo weird!

Stupid is as stupid does ...

Old 12-30-2017, 03:25 PM

37,192 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
I read one hilarious theory...How and Why Did Wings Evolve?

Wings evolved because bipedal animals were leaping into the air; large wings assisted leaping. (This is possible; any amount of wing could assist leaping..

Yeah right...lets see now take myself as test subject..my DNA has a board meeting with the aerodynamics engineering department. Hey guys Fordtrucks has been leaping on the road quite a bit lately. Lets help the poor guy out. Voila fordtrucks now has turbocharged jet thrusters on his arms. Yahoo...i can fly like superman!!!

unbelievable...I think I would give more credence to santa claus being real!!!
You do have to admit, though - evolution makes a lot more sense than any religion ever could.

We are still evolving, and it is observable. Because of the availbility of food and shelter, people today are on average considerably taller than our ancestors were even 300 years ago. If you don't want to believe in empirical data as performed by scientists, go to one of the ancient cemeteries such as the Huguenot Cemetery in Charleston, and measure the length of the graves as compared to modern ones. You'll be amazed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies