Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 05:09 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Eric was a 38 year old man with 30+ arrest. With 30 arrest under his belt since 1980 on charges such as assault, resisting arrest, and grand larceny he should have a high IQ when dealing with cops and potential arrest. Nowadays people are lacking self responsibility and awareness. This man had 6 kids (the recent one being a 3 month old baby) and he was selling loose cigs, was in bad health, etc. One of his baby mamas called him lazy in regards to why he can't keep a steady job. They told him he was under arrest and he resisted with his bad health. Again after 30 arrest you should know the deal. The guy was a dummy and had no business having kids. Sounds harsh but it is reality.

What was Erica doing before her "activism" days? I feel she somewhat used her dad's death as a platform to establish a career. Everyone was also using this lady for their agenda. Rev Al, Hillary, Bernie, etc.

I wonder if she was under the care of a cardiologist after her 1st heart attack? She had one in August when she delivered her son and doctors discovered she had an enlarged heart.
30 plus arrests.... now that takes talent.
I'm sorry about his daughter dying at the age of 27, but come on.
These guy was no hero whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2017, 05:12 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
A person that young doesn’t die of a heart attack without a significant reason and the most common is illegal drug use... I do feel sorry for the dad, he was killed by police for no good reason...

Old 12-30-2017, 05:32 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
The difference is that you will not find any Democratic president who'll defend her.

Fortunately there aren't any Democratic presidents. FORMER democratic presidents will line up to defend her, just like they did when they were in office and someone not white showed how racist they are.

Old 12-30-2017, 06:30 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,735,728 times
Unbeliveable, and disapointing. They scream racsim and want justice but their actions are more racist than anyone else. One of the commentors in the local paper said..

"We will continue to fight injustice and ENVIORMENTAL RACISM"

I am Not sure what that is. Honestly, I don't care. But, I am sure we are going to hear about it non-stop as the new rallying cry to deflect from the actual truth of the felon Eric Garner really was. To think I felt bad about Erica falling ill and croaking for a few minutes. Thann the family pulls this nonsense. I will say this. You have never heard anyone from the Garner family or the NAN talk about healing. They just scream racism and they want justice. Justice for what exactly? The family continues to show themselves for what they are. Racist savages.

Old 12-30-2017, 06:32 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,735,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Fortunately there aren't any Democratic presidents. FORMER democratic presidents will line up to defend her, just like they did when they were in office and someone not white showed how racist they are.
Don't be so sure about that. Erica Garner did one thing that made me smile. She went off on Obama on twitter AND in person face to face. The rage in her was strong. She absolutely embarrassed Obama. After she did that to him he carefully pulled away from the situation and never spoke of the Garner situation or the family again.

Old 12-30-2017, 06:34 PM

1,378 posts, read 737,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
As many of you all have heard, Erica Garner (daughter of Eric Garner, who died while resisting arrest by the NYPD) passed away after suffering a heart attack brought upon by an asthma attack. I believe she was 27 and with two young children, which makes her death all the more tragic. Since her passing, however, whoever is controlling her Twitter page posted this gem of a message for journalists seeking comment on the situation at hand:

https://twitter.com/es_snipes/status/947131145719832578

Of course, you haven't heard a peep from the MSM condemning/calling out this blatant racism.

The ironic thing is that people across all racial and political lines believe in the need for policing reform. But when you have some who consistently try to racialize matters, you will never have the unity that you need to truly bring about reform.
Yeah this is racist.

And not just against caucasians, but what if the journalist is asian, middle eastern or hispanic?

I mean blacks act like they are the ONLY ONES that get discriminated against..good lord.

Old 12-30-2017, 06:36 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Do a reverse if she was white and requested that only whites make comments. Still racist no matter how you slice it.
It would be holy hell replayed 24/7 on CNN.

Old 12-30-2017, 06:46 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
A person that young doesn’t die of a heart attack without a significant reason and the most common is illegal drug use... I do feel sorry for the dad, he was killed by police for no good reason...
She had asthma and also had a heart attack when she gave birth to her son in August 2017. Doctors discovered she had an enlarged heart. This was heart attack #2 in Dec 2017. I wonder if she was on medication and if she was addressing her health issues.

Old 12-30-2017, 07:11 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Sounds like poor health runs in the Gardner family.

Old 12-30-2017, 07:16 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,641,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
30 plus arrests.... now that takes talent.
I'm sorry about his daughter dying at the age of 27, but come on.
These guy was no hero whatsoever.
I agree, but common sense and decency have long ago disappeared from the ranks of those who anoint themselves 'political activists' and 'political heroes' these days.

These days, it doesn't matter how horrid your criminal background is. As long as you are of a certain race, and die at the hands of another race (in particular a white cop), then your wretched past is all forgiven, forgotten, and erased all for the sake of political grandstanding.

I always think to myself, if only these 'activists' put as much energy and time into fighting the drugs and gangs that plague their neighborhoods, instead of making saints out of these criminals, their world (and ours) would be a much better place for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies