Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 02:34 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
From the quote you have here, then it would seem that the same sex hormones would need to be supplemented to make up for a congenital deficiency.

It's a congenital defect, not a mental illness or a *feeling*, is that your argument now?

That's off the quote you presented, not the full article,
That's always been my position, yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 04:00 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,042 times
Quote:
So you can't tell the difference between a penis and vagina? Or know which belongs to a girl or boy?

Sad.

I guess you just see puce wherever you go. No matter what's there.
Do you actually think you made an intelligent comment?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunnin...3Kruger_effect
Quote:
The cognitive bias of illusory superiority derives from the metacognitive inability of low-ability persons to recognize their own ineptitude; without the self-awareness of metacognition, low-ability people cannot objectively evaluate their actual competence or incompetence.

Old 01-03-2018, 04:14 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
So you can't tell the difference between a penis and vagina? Or know which belongs to a girl or boy?

Sad.

I guess you just see puce wherever you go. No matter what's there.
Without referencing your body, or anything physical about you, how do you know whether you are a man or a woman (I don't know either way, so won't assume)?

Old 01-05-2018, 04:24 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,349,619 times
Quote:
That is 100% correct and most people cannot make that distinction.

Gay people like themselves. They just want to choose who they want to date/have sex with. As consenting adults go for it. They lead happy lives, most of them anyway. They are prone to more depression than their hetero counterparts.

Transgenders hate themselves. They don't know who they are. They don't know who they want to be. They don't know who they want to have a relationship with. They spend a lifetime of struggling internally. 40% commit suicide. If any other group had a 40% suicide rate, I would hope people would care enough to demand better mental health counseling. But transgenders?? Nah, they're perfectly normal. They just need more understanding. Because social acceptance without any intervention usually solves all mental health issues.

It's like agreeing with an anorexic. "Gee you are REALLY REALLY fat. I totally see it. Maybe lose another 40 pounds? Let me give you a ride to the gym." And then she's dead.

Mental illness kills people. You don't agree with the problem and hope it goes away. You tackle it head on and get the person HELP if they need it. If someone is happy being transgnder, then again, go for it. But the vast majority are NOT.
Oh...wait a minute. Now, I know for fact you're a biased. You go right, into the biased, pile now. Thanks. That makes things a lot more clear. As usual, I should have distrusted every single thing the social conservatives have to say. Unfortunately, I gave you people a bit too much benefit of the doubt.

I see absolutely zero reason to believe they oftentimes don't know exactly what's best for them. That's because I'm much more willing to trust psychologists than you. My concern was merely that sometimes people who call thesmelves transgender don't understand themselves enough.

There is genuinely gender dysphoria, and when I say that's a disorder, that just means it causes great discomfort. That doesn't mean choosing to identify as the sex of their anatomy is the best way to overcome that discomfort. Psychologists literally often say that the best way of dealing with that is to accept the gender they see themselves as.

From now on, I'm going back to the rule I have with the word Bible. Every time I see the word "Bible," or God or Jesus n an information source, not only do I not trust the source, I count it as a negative source of information, so that I need to find at least one other source of information without the word Bible or God or Jesus in it for every source I find with those words, to cancel them out, before I trust future sources containing that information. I assume the same rule could be used for the Quran, Mohamed, and Allah, but I haven't tried that enough to test the usefulness of that yet. I know it works great as a filtering device for the Christianity-related stuff though.

From now on, every time I see anyone I consider a social conservative say anything, I'm going to consider that a negative source of information

How do you know 40% of them haven't committed suicide because of the way society treats them?

I would have definitely listened if you merely suggested that transgenderism results in suicide because of the reasons you espoused, and I would been extremely respectful if you'd provided good evidence to back up your claims. Now, however, the filters are coming up, and the opinions of you, and everyone who sounds like you, is going into my mental trash pile until you bring up some extremely convincing research...and it better be good research, not research made by biased fundies. Thanks for helping me see the light though. From now on, no matter what bizarre ideas the left has, no matter if they actually complain the only psychologically healthy route for little children is to have them breast feed until their age twelve and for their mothers to chew their food for them like birds do until age fifteen, I'm still going to research that before I outright disregard it. Thanks for the lesson

Apparently gender dysphoria is not defined as a mental disorder anymore.

Last edited by Clintone; 01-05-2018 at 04:37 AM..

Old 01-05-2018, 04:45 AM

Quote:
The rate of suicide is never dependent on other people. Suicide is a decision you make for YOURSELF. No one else makes it for you. Mentally healthy people do not commit suicide NO MATTER WHAT other people do. Mentally ill people do .. because they are mentally ill.
That's sheer nonsense. For one thing, mentally healthy people commit suicide all the time...just not mentally healthy people who aren't in severe pain or experiencing great, long term suffering. For another thing, yes it is dependent partly on other people, because those other people can cause great suffering. How about you provide that information you mentioned below? That would save the rest of us some work. You appear to be a fanatic to me. Convince me I'm wrong. I listened to you before, I'll do it again if you provide a reason to.

Quote:
Apparently TG are a completely mentally healthy population that has a 40% suicide rate? Right. Nope. They are mentally ill, that's why the rate is so sky high.

Until about 5 minutes ago, TG was considered a mental illness. I can't see how any critically thinking person deems it *normal* biologic behavior to think you are the opposite of your anatomy. It's not.

Do some research into the APA and the origins of the field of psychiatry. I think you will be surprised at what you find. Educate yourself. Do research. Primary sources. Real documentation.

COMPASSION: Is wanting to help others. telling mentally ill people that they are healthy is not compassion. Do you tell anorexics that yes they need to lose 50 more pounds? OR: do you say: You have a problem. You cannot see yourself for who you actually are. Let's get you some help before you kill yourself.

Old 01-05-2018, 04:57 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,934,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
That's sheer nonsense. For one thing, mentally healthy people commit suicide all the time...just not mentally healthy people who aren't in severe pain or experiencing great, long term suffering. For another thing, yes it is dependent partly on other people, because those other people can cause great suffering. How about you provide that information you mentioned below? That would save the rest of us some work. You appear to be a fanatic to me. Convince me I'm wrong. I listened to you before, I'll do it again if you provide a reason to.
If you take your own life with your own hands you are not mentally healthy.

All our biological instincts revert to survival. So if your instincts are NOT WORKING, then yes you are 100% mentally ill.

There is no debate about that.

Old 01-05-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:

All our biological instincts revert to survival. So if your instincts are NOT WORKING, then yes you are 100% mentally ill.

I'm mostly going to ignore this comment, except to ask the question, are you planning on responding to any of the links or ideas in this post at any time? because if you want to convince people of things, you should probably be responding to stuff like this: //www.city-data.com/forum/50583517-post150.html

Old 01-05-2018, 08:43 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,862,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Parading around, suing businesses expecting special rights.
No, its suing businesses expecting EQUAL rights. There, I fixed it for you.

And parading around? You mean like everyone in the world does every day? LOL.

Old 01-05-2018, 08:46 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,862,782 times
Quote:

Parading around masquerading as a mental health professional again I see. Give it a rest and go meditate on why you have trans (and so many other) people so much.

Old 01-05-2018, 08:59 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
No kidding! The party of "less government" always wants to make other peoples' personal choices their business!

Mind your own business!
Because, you fools will force everyone to adopt your twisted views, or punish them.

A transgender 8-year-old sues a private school, saying it didn't let her be the girl she is - LA Times

The lawsuit, filed last week in Orange County Superior Court, alleges that Heritage Oak Private Education in Yorba Linda would not let Nicole, who goes by Nikki, dress as she chose, use the bathroom of her choice and go by female pronouns.

If a child is born a boy, has all the anatomy of a boy, then he is a boy, and uses boy bathrooms, etc...

But, if a lib'tard thinks that boy is a girl, then everyone must adopt the lib'tard view, or be punished.

It's the same if a child is born white, has white skin, then he or she is not black, or Asia, or Hispanic, no matter how much the child feels they are not white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies