Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 10:23 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Then why do you expect everyone else around you to behave like you?

Why do you want all that indoctrination in the schools for 5 yr old kids?

I never said I did. Not once. Ever. Anywhere.

Quote:
Are you in favor of the penis slide as depicted in the video?
No, it was kinda weird and creepy.

Quote:
Do you think it is right to force boys to play with girl toys?

Do you think it is right to force girls to play with boy toys?
No. But if they want to and their parents are ok with it, I'm cool. I don't want to force kids to do anything. I think kids are a gift, but to be honest I want as little to do with them as possible.

Quote:
If you truly truly DON'T CARE ... then you would not be pushing for these things. Are you?
No.

Quote:
Do you want kids to be trained to think transgender is normal and a fun "lifestyle" choice?
I'd like to be seen as normal, yes. I'd like to be accepted, yes. I'd like for people to not look down on me. I've never said it was fun. It's a fate more horrible than horrible. It is not a choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
It's not a lifestyle, nor is it a choice. Whether it's fun...I mean, is it fun for you to be cisgender, or is it just who you are? Is it normal? I would say with it's becoming more the norm, with public figures like Caitlyn Jenner and Laverne Cox having more exposure. Transgender and other gender nonconforming people are not the majority but they are normal, and the APA agrees.

If I had a child, I would want him or her to understand that. Not because I would assume my child isn't cisgender (chances are, they would be), but because I want my child to develop compassion for those who aren't like him or her, including their peers who might not be cisgender.
Bless you, buildings.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
I don't think about you either until people like you open your mouth And expect me to comply.
Comply with what? I've never told you to comply with anything! Like I told newtovenice -- I don't even know you!! What on earth are you talking about?!

Old 12-31-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john620 View Post
Just because conservatives say they don't like something doesn't mean they want the government to ban it*. People can have opinions about what is right or wrong.

When the issue is government funded schools, programs, media, etc. pushing an agenda on kids that is a different story entirely. Then it is not a matter of personal choice but indoctrination that conservatives have a problem with. I think a lot of people would be happier with the government out of their lives and out of their pocket books and instead let personal choice dictate their lives.

* Now with issues like drugs, yes, many conservatives don't understand that when they say people should be free from government that includes freedom to do with ones own body whatever one desires. Your body your choice. If people want to do drugs, smoke, eat fattening food, or kill themselves (assisted suicide or otherwise) that is their choice. It may be bad, it may land a person it hell but people should be free to make that choice. Liberals aren't any better with their soda bans, ban on private poker games, ban on religious freedom and anti free speech goals. Hopefully conservatives will come around on the war on drugs and see it as government intrusion.
I see what you are saying. I agree about being happier with less governmental intervention. I know I would be!

Old 12-31-2017, 10:43 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,862,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Comply with what? I've never told you to comply with anything! Like I told newtovenice -- I don't even know you!! What on earth are you talking about?!
They confuse being expected to show decency and respect for others is somehow being "forced to comply" - as if being a good person is such an unreasonable burden.

Or, their extreme fear of trans people (with the endless posts here about it) tells us that a few of them are actually trans people in denial and trying so hard to avoid dealing with it. I hope they can get some therapy and find peace in their lives.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:46 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post

You make it sound like it’s a problem if I don’t want pink toys for my girls, unless they actually truly want them and not just because it’s pink. Like I’m shoving TMNT on my girls. I introduced, and she liked. If she hadn’t, no big deal. End of story. *I* don’t want my own life pinkified.
That reminds me of a female friend of mine that's now in her mid 80s. She still remembered when she was a child and how badly she begged for a train set toy. Instead, she got a doll but her brother got the train set. She told me about this about 5 years ago, and held onto that resentment for all these years. She also mentioned about trying to get a job at a museum doing research type work (when she was an adult) and being told it was a man's job and not something she could do.

Back to the toys...

I guess she was "pinkified" back in the day. Though not in color, but in type of toy.

This would have been either the 1930s or 1940s back when adults were forcing 'boy toys' and 'girl toys' on kids based on gender.

Last edited by sware2cod; 12-31-2017 at 11:02 AM..

Old 12-31-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
You approve of the education use of texts and games in the classroom which is happening RIGHT NOW?

You fight for laws to allow schools to make decisions over parent protests?

People are not understanding this issue or confusing it in some way to defend it.

If, on your own time as an adult or parent, you want to behave this way with YOUR KID, have at it. No argument from me. Not one peep. That's your way of parenting GO FOR IT.

When it is MANDATORY in the public school system starting in kindergarten it is INDOCTRINATION.

So explain to me how it is not forced on kids when they HAVE to do WHAT TEACHER SAYS.

And parents have zero say about the curriculum with no option of pulling the kids out or being notified beforehand what the day's lesson will be.
When my friend Kristen didn't like what was going on with the schools her kids were going to, she withdrew them and taught them at home. They're doing very well.

I don't have kids (I can't have them), so I don't get involved with things related to schooling. You are making some very wrong assumptions about what I am for, and what I support. Instead of castigating me for things I don't support, or even have anything to do with, it would be more helpful to ask me, instead of creating a strawman and beating the hell out of it ( unless you need to vent. In that case, please do hit the strawman, not me. )

Old 12-31-2017, 10:51 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,137,912 times
Quote:

Middle school age and up? Yes, in a discussion by the PARENTS, not by the school. Do they have classes on heterosexual marriage in school? No. Why? It's a personal decision that has nothing to do with public education. Neither does.
You're confusing sexual orientation and gender identity. Heterosexual marriage isn't an issue for 5 year olds as they can't legally marry. Gender identity, or an elementary explanation of it, does apply to them, as they might have a classmate who appears to be a boy but wears dresses, etc.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
They confuse being expected to show decency and respect for others is somehow being "forced to comply" - as if being a good person is such an unreasonable burden.

Or, their extreme fear of trans people (with the endless posts here about it) tells us that a few of them are actually trans people in denial and trying so hard to avoid dealing with it. I hope they can get some therapy and find peace in their lives.
I don't see the problem in being decent to those who are different either. *shrug*

Old 12-31-2017, 10:57 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Liberals are so weird. Wherever they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies