Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2018, 05:58 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,796,131 times

Advertisements

The out of wedlock crisis is completely due to welfare. If welfare didn't exist, lower and middle class women would marry and raise children with a dependable nice guy. Since welfare exists lower class women let their primitive hindbrain influence their sexual selection...so they have children with the most dangerous thug on the street or some other type of bad boy. They could care less that he won't stick around because they get alll kinds of cash and prizes from Uncle Sam. The really sad thing about this is the Republicans won't cut off welfare to single moms. So this horrific trend will continue. People wonder why young men play video games all day. The answer is they can not compete against the welfare state. They are of no use so they might as well indulge in games and hobbies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2018, 09:19 AM

42,745 posts, read 25,932,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
The out of wedlock crisis is completely due to welfare. If welfare didn't exist, lower and middle class women would marry and raise children with a dependable nice guy. Since welfare exists lower class women let their primitive hindbrain influence their sexual selection...so they have children with the most dangerous thug on the street or some other type of bad boy. They could care less that he won't stick around because they get alll kinds of cash and prizes from Uncle Sam. The really sad thing about this is the Republicans won't cut off welfare to single moms. So this horrific trend will continue. People wonder why young men play video games all day. The answer is they can not compete against the welfare state. They are of no use so they might as well indulge in games and hobbies.
That says more about you than it does anything about our welfare system

Old 01-12-2018, 10:40 AM

72,817 posts, read 62,152,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Out of wedlock birth rates were on the rise going back to the 1950s, before the welfare state. Go look up the Moynihan Report.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:56 AM

28,574 posts, read 18,589,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Out of wedlock birth rates were on the rise going back to the 1950s, before the welfare state. Go look up the Moynihan Report.
The primary program contributing to unwed motherhood--the one mentioned in the Moynihan Report--Aid to Dependent Children, was actually a 1934 program. It wasn't until the late 50s to the CRA that states made it available to black women.

Certainly by the 70s, even black people understood what ADC was doing to our families. In a popular movie of the 70s--"Claudine" starring James Earl Jones and Diane Carroll--ADC was the primary antagonist.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
The primary program contributing to unwed motherhood--the one mentioned in the Moynihan Report--Aid to Dependent Children, was actually a 1934 program. It wasn't until the late 50s to the CRA that states made it available to black women.

Certainly by the 70s, even black people understood what ADC was doing to our families. In a popular movie of the 70s--"Claudine" starring James Earl Jones and Diane Carroll--ADC was the primary antagonist.
It wasn't available to Black women until the 50s. Only White women could use it. Black out of wedlock birth rates were still much higher than White out of wedlock birth rates. My point is that to blame it on welfare is not honest.

I know about "Claudine". This was about men being kicked out of the home. There is something else that needs to be discussed. The attitude of "a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle" played a big role. The "I don't need a man" mantra should be looked at as well.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:45 PM

28,574 posts, read 18,589,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It wasn't available to Black women until the 50s. Only White women could use it. Black out of wedlock birth rates were still much higher than White out of wedlock birth rates. My point is that to blame it on welfare is not honest.

I know about "Claudine". This was about men being kicked out of the home. There is something else that needs to be discussed. The attitude of "a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle" played a big role. The "I don't need a man" mantra should be looked at as well.
See my post #263

Old 01-12-2018, 01:02 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,796,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That says more about you than it does anything about our welfare system
Actually it has nothing to do with me personally. I am older, long settled down and not in the current sexual marketplace. If I never existed all the trends we see with unwed mothers would be exactly what they are now.

It is obvious that if welfare didn't exist out of wedlock births would be rare. Mothers don't want their kids to starve. Yes they could work but most would really be struggling without welfare, food stamps, Section 8, WIC or whatever other programs they use to substitute a husband.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:38 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,749,036 times
All demographics have seen an increase in OOW birthrates. The black OOW birthrate has not increased as much since the 1970s as the white one has, it has actually slowed.

And contrary to what many of you believe OOW birthrates are not the cause of any/all ills of someone's life as a black person.

Also a majority of black people are not on welfare programs and especially not ADC or whatever it is called today so it is not a factor in OOW births.

People often do not get married today until after the birth of their first child or multiple children. Most black women are married by age 40 - over 55% are married by age 40 usually to the father of their children. Also marriage is just not something that an overwhelming amount of women want to enter into today because of social ideas changing since the 1960s in particular.

And please note that the OOW birthrate amongst black American women is similar to many European/white countries like Iceland and Norway yet they don't have a problem with poverty like all demographics do in America nor are those populations demonized by you all like you want to do specifically to black women. It is very strange to me.

The only thing I'd agree with this that two parent households have more money than a one parent household, but if anything that is a scourge as well on society since one parent today cannot stay at home and take care of the children like they used to be able to do in the past and be solidly middle class on only one income. A large amount of 2 parent, married couples are just barely making it in today's work economy. So it is no surprise that single parents make less money.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
See my post #263
Yep, 3rd wave feminism. It was like pouring grease on a fire.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:43 PM

52,219 posts, read 33,969,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
So there you go - that's Ashkenazi Jews for you, right there;

https://shadowmasterminds.wordpress....ws-jews-short/

So what do you think?
they look mighty white to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies