Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2018, 11:49 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Good question. I'm here more for information and advice than to start a race war.
Then why not be HONEST with the stats? Why deliberately post false info? Or are you really incapable of understanding that certain groups, Democrat voters included as a specific group, are FAR more likely to be receiving welfare public assistance program benefits?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Report from a few days ago!

In fact, whites are the biggest beneficiaries when it comes to government safety-net programs like the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, commonly referred to as welfare.
Not by percentage, which is what you asserted. Asians have the lowest poverty rate, followed by Whites, then there's a HUGE gap followed by the much higher poverty rates of Hispanics and Blacks.

More FACTS for you, regarding political affiliation... And actually, that's the Democrat Party's modus operandi. Their largest voter base is the poor and those on public assistance. It's in the Democrats' best interest to keep as many of them as poor as possible and therefore dependent on the government. It's the only way Democrats can win elections and try to keep some semblance of political power.

Chart at the link via an Iranian-Swedish economist, MA in Economics from Stockholm University, PhD in Public Policy from the University of Chicago:
https://tino.us/2012/02/are-welfare-...ly-republican/

Data source:
https://www.maxwell.syr.edu/campbell/programs/Merged_Data_Set

And even worse, it's minorities who Democrats keep very disproportionately poor.

Now that Dem voters understand that you're supporting the maintenance and growth of a perpetually poor underclass that MUST be kept poor in order to keep most of them voting Dem, will you all still go along with that?

Democrat voters are net takers, while GOP voters are net contributors. No wonder there's such a HUGE political divide in this country.

Old 01-16-2018, 12:02 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not by percentage, which is what you asserted. Asians have the lowest poverty rate, followed by Whites, then there's a HUGE gap followed by the much higher poverty rates of Hispanics and Blacks.

More FACTS for you, regarding political affiliation... And actually, that's the Democrat Party's modus operandi. Their largest voter base is the poor and those on public assistance. It's in the Democrats' best interest to keep as many of them as poor as possible and therefore dependent on the government. It's the only way Democrats can win elections and try to keep some semblance of political power.

Chart at the link via an Iranian-Swedish economist, MA in Economics from Stockholm University, PhD in Public Policy from the University of Chicago:
https://tino.us/2012/02/are-welfare-...ly-republican/

Data source:
https://www.maxwell.syr.edu/campbell/programs/Merged_Data_Set

And even worse, it's minorities who Democrats keep very disproportionately poor.

Now that Dem voters understand that you're supporting the maintenance and growth of a perpetually poor underclass that MUST be kept poor in order to keep most of them voting Dem, will you all still go along with that?

Democrat voters are net takers, while GOP voters are net contributors. No wonder there's such a HUGE political divide in this country.
What do you mean not by percentage rate? The fact is that 3x more white folks receive Snap. It doesn't matter if it is the percentage or not just because it doesn't fit your agenda.

If you want the percentage and food stamps, I'll play the game.

AGAIN:

Just over 40 percent of SNAP recipients are white. Another 25.7 percent are black, 10.3 percent are Hispanic, 2.1 percent are Asian and 1.2 percent are Native American, according to a 2015 Department of Agriculture report.

How much more factual can it get coming from a more recent report than the Department of Agriculture report?

Nothing false about that except your accusation and narrative but nice try. Still not addressing drugs and mass killing!

Old 01-16-2018, 12:03 PM

20,105 posts, read 9,018,880 times
all of these problems can be solved by raising taxes an appropriate amount ......maybe 30-35%

Old 01-16-2018, 12:05 PM

45,383 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
What do you mean not by percentage rate? The fact is that 3x more white folks receive Snap. It doesn't matter if it is the percentage or not just because it doesn't fit your agenda.

AGAIN:

Just over 40 percent of SNAP recipients are white. Another 25.7 percent are black, 10.3 percent are Hispanic, 2.1 percent are Asian and 1.2 percent are Native American, according to a 2015 Department of Agriculture report.

How much more factual can it get coming from a more recent report than the Department of Agriculture report?

Nothing false about that except your accusation and narrative but nice try.
So, you don't understand per capita and statistics?

Old 01-16-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Report from a few days ago! Never said just food stamps. I'm addressing the welfare system as a whole. You do the same.
I did. Read my last post.

My concern is why are those who vote Democrat TWICE as unlikely to not be able to stand on their own two feet and support themselves? What is inherently wrong with the Democrat mentality that makes one TWICE as likely to be poor?

Old 01-16-2018, 12:08 PM

20,105 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I did. Read my last post.

My concern is why are those who vote Democrat TWICE as unlikely to not be able to stand on their own two feet and support themselves? What is inherently wrong with the Democrat mentality that makes one TWICE as likely to be poor?
because they want everybody to make $15 an hour

Old 01-16-2018, 12:08 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
So, you don't understand per capita and statistics?
Wasn't there a question of percentage and food stamps? Go back and read the stats in question from the person that questioned my so-called false information from the Department of Agriculture! I understand the post. I'm not planning the spin game.

Old 01-16-2018, 12:09 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,074,171 times
Quote:

AGAIN:

Nothing false about that except your accusation and narrative but nice try. Still not addressing drugs and mass killing!
It's not high percentage numbers; it's the actual number.

40% of how many total Whites in the US = ?
25.7% of how many total Blacks in the US = ?

We aren't all divided equally here in the US by race so just using a percentage is meaningless.

Old 01-16-2018, 12:10 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
So what? And people get divorced much more often than in the past. And there are more mixed-race relationships than in the past... Things keep changing, the past is history...
Single moms (and dads) are not the end of the world. And just because a mom is not married, does not mean she is not in a relationship.
In the US being a single mom might only highlight certain more fundamental problems such as income inequality, lack of decent part-time jobs, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies