Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2017, 04:42 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
No, he said because whites are of a larger population they are likely a larger drain on resources and tax payer dollars. In reference to births out of wedlock, (assuming they use social services), he would be correct.
Whites pay a lot more taxes than blacks do.

They are hardly a "drain" on the nation's resources.

They ARE the nation's resources.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2017, 08:00 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
This is what the right fights hard for - no condoms distributed, do away with family planning, no teaching of sexual matters in school.

What do you expect? It's like you eat horse manure and expect it to be key lime pie. Action affect outcomes. What outcome(s) do you want?

I welcome all my new whitey friends to donate heavily to Planned Parenthood so we can have educated teens and parents. Will you do it? or would you rather just complain on a forum?

Old 12-31-2017, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
There seems to be this mentality that the male is responsible. Its the male that has has to pay child support. The female almost always gets custody. Where is the equal opportunity? Why this bias?

I would not give either any state or federal support. If either can support themselves and the child, fine. If not, put the child in protective custody and make both pay for the upkeep of the child.
1. A vast percentage of those males skip out on child support.

2. Big question here - what is harder - A or B

A - paying some child support
B - paying most ALL child support PLUS raising your child.....

I'd say B is more difficult and, if so, you have once again proven that we are living in backwards bizzarro world...where up is down and bad is good.

Old 12-31-2017, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Exactly. And as a white, I know white couples that choose to avoid the marriage tax penalty, which still exists for higher income earners. I also have a friend that had the marriage ceremony, the rings, the name change, etc. but no actual marriage license. They both have their own businesses and felt that was the best choice for them.
Sure, money means everything! They probably have an altar at home with some 20's on it that they pray to each morning.

Old 12-31-2017, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Before holding whites out as paragons of virtue, remember that evangelical hero Kim Davis was married four times and had twins out of wedlock.

Kentucky clerk Kim Davis has been married 4 times and gave birth out of wedlock | Daily Mail Online
Don the Con had his own multiple marriages.....and children. Unfortunately, the taxpayers, bond holders, investors, contractors and many others had to get fleeced for him to raise them.

Old 12-31-2017, 08:07 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
This is what the right fights hard for - no condoms distributed, do away with family planning, no teaching of sexual matters in school.

What do you expect? It's like you eat horse manure and expect it to be key lime pie. Action affect outcomes. What outcome(s) do you want?

I welcome all my new whitey friends to donate heavily to Planned Parenthood so we can have educated teens and parents. Will you do it? or would you rather just complain on a forum?
Ok I agree with the condoms, I agree making abortions available. The sex ed? Kids know by 10 how babies are made and what condoms are for. After the first pregnancy one would hope a woman has it figured out. This is a willful disregard for what follows.
I welcome all people regardless of race to donate to planned parenthood. I also welcome all people of every race to actually use birth control when they know that they cant afford to have a baby or don't want one. I am willing to bet 90% of these pregnancies involve a mother with a nice cell phone and unlimited data plans. They can afford that phone I bet if they wanted to they could afford the pill, a box of condoms, or scrounge up the $500 for an abortion.

Old 12-31-2017, 08:11 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,386,107 times
we had this one AA gentlemen on our crew, he was 27 years old and had 21 kids by 11 mother. The judge order the county to pick up his check every week, 100%. Judge said he didnt care how he supported himself

Old 12-31-2017, 08:17 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,031,037 times
I think folks are missing a bigger part of the picture here. What does "out of wedlock" mean these days?

1) Does "out of wedlock" mean "women randomly getting pregnant in short-term flings where the man then disappears, leaving her a single parent?"

2) Or, does "out of wedlock" mean, "man and women who live together and have kids effectively as a family, but who choose not to get married for whatever reason."

Point being that BOTH situation are probably on the rise, but the second one I don't see as a problem. Getting married and signing that piece of paper doesn't magically turn adults into mature, loving people who will make sacrifices for each other and their kids. Look at the nation's divorce rate - among ALL races - and you'll see what I mean. If the parents love each and their kids and are in it together for the long haul, I don't care if they officially are married or not. So, the increase in kids "born out of wedlock" may not be as dire as one thinks.

Also, note that I'm rather disappointed in the OP's focus on non-white races. While the increase in kids out of wedlock probably is rising higher for them than other races, it is happening in ALL races (about 1 in 3 for whites.) Of course, this is a right-wing political forum, so naturally the focus would be on race vs. any actual problem the entire nation is facing - big shock, and disappointing, as usual.

Old 12-31-2017, 08:30 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
That's the fast track to poverty.

It also doesn't bode well for the US in the long run. More kids are born into poverty than not. That is exponential growth.

Old 12-31-2017, 08:32 AM

45,327 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
I think folks are missing a bigger part of the picture here. What does "out of wedlock" mean these days?

1) Does "out of wedlock" mean "women randomly getting pregnant in short-term flings where the man then disappears, leaving her a single parent?"

2) Or, does "out of wedlock" mean, "man and women who live together and have kids effectively as a family, but who choose not to get married for whatever reason."

Point being that BOTH situation are probably on the rise, but the second one I don't see as a problem. Getting married and signing that piece of paper doesn't magically turn adults into mature, loving people who will make sacrifices for each other and their kids. Look at the nation's divorce rate - among ALL races - and you'll see what I mean. If the parents love each and their kids and are in it together for the long haul, I don't care if they officially are married or not. So, the increase in kids "born out of wedlock" may not be as dire as one thinks.

Also, note that I'm rather disappointed in the OP's focus on non-white races. While the increase in kids out of wedlock probably is rising higher for them than other races, it is happening in ALL races (about 1 in 3 for whites.) Of course, this is a right-wing political forum, so naturally the focus would be on race vs. any actual problem the entire nation is facing - big shock, and disappointing, as usual.
You need the stats on single parent households to answer that.
https://www.census.gov/newsroom/pres.../cb16-192.html
Children in single-parent families by race | KIDS COUNT Data Center

Where the focus is in the original post is something you're trying to use as a deflection.

Blacks have the highest number, as a percent, of children living in single parent households. Why that is important is because children in two parent households (and not necessarily real mom/dad) have better outcomes across the board in all categories from education to teen pregnancy to criminal involvement as well as a significantly lower likelihood of spending all or part of their childhood in poverty.

Single Motherhood: Worse for children.

https://www.childtrends.org/indicato...ily-structure/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies