Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 07:24 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,381,268 times

Advertisements

On a personal level, 2017 was not great and I think 2018 will also bring some moments of great disappointment and possibly grief. But one thing is for certain, Donald Trump is not going to play an outsized role in my sense of emotional equilibrium. My resolution is to continue to live my life avoiding the ongoing national political drama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2018, 07:59 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,038,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
"You can keep your doctor if you like it"

Where were all those jobs that Obama promised, and the recovery that was supposed to happen?
If you missed the recovery, next time invest better:

https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcom...w.google.com/\

http://fortune.com/2017/01/20/thanks...as-presidency/

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/11/inve...cks/index.html

Wait, wait, wait. The Trumpers have all been giving credit to Trump for the high great stock market and all the jobs, all of which has been going on since about 2011 or so.

So, which is it, Trumpers? Is the economy doing great, thus "proving" how wonderful Trump is for either time-travelling back to 2011 or by him doing basically nothing his first year in office? Or, is it doing terrible, thus "proving" that Obama is also terrible, but Trump somehow isn't the same?

Right-wingers can't even keep their own lies straight anymore, lol!

Old 01-01-2018, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"A few years ago, Trump was a joke. Sure, he had money and fame, but nobody took that clown seriously. He was considered immature, ignorant, a boar, and a textbook example of a spoiled rich kid who never grew up and was never held accountable for anything."

Only from those that were jealous of his successes.

"Nonsense like this is why the far-right cannot be taken seriously anymore when it comes to responsible governance"

Nonsense like this is why the left cannot be taken seriously anymore when it comes to responsible governance which has led the repubs controlling the White House, the Senate the House of Representative, most state governorship and most state legislatures, which amounts to over 1,000 political seats LOST since 2009.

But hey, keep thinking the dems are in good shape.
You can't possibly be serious. Trump is a slimebag and everyone has know that for years - nothing has changed in that regard with him becoming president. You can't possibly be so small-minded as to think that all the times he's been caught red-handed or sued for scummy actions was really just "people being envious of his success."

He has done nothing to be proud of in his entire worthless life, and I wouldn't trade my middle-class position for his in a million years. At least I have friends. At least I belief in actual science and facts. At least I am able to enjoy life and experience new things - I don't feel a need to travel to the other side of the globe just to eat a Big Mac. At least I'm able to do something with my day other than mindlessly track my poll numbers and post insane, fact-free rants on Twitter. Were Trump not a horrible leader and in a position to ramrod right-wing lunatic agendas down our throats, I'd pity him even more than I'd hate him. Why? Because despite all his wealth, he has nothing of actual value.

As for the rest, just because the mob elected right-wing stooges this time around doesn't mean it was a good idea. The Democratic party leadership is full of idiots, sure, but the Republican party is even worse these days. Your party will get what's coming to them soon enough. Just keep on supporting kiddie diddlers like Moore and scumbags like Trump and see how it plays out, lol...

Old 01-01-2018, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The unemployment numbers were faked during the Obama presidency. They are real now. Even though they are calculated exactly the same way as they were during the previous administration, they weren't real then and they are real now. Just trust the cult on this. They will swear to you this is true. The same goes for the economy. All fake under Obama. All real under Trump.

And they wonder why we call them a cult.
True. It is funny, though, because that means we can't give Trump credit for all of the economic growth under Obama because "it didn't happen because it was fake." It's also funny since Trumpers love to claim the "deep state" and basically everyone is "trying to sabotage him." OK, if that's true, than why are the economic numbers good? It's all a forked-tongued, self-contradicting pile of right-wing lies. Cult 45 indeed!

Old 01-01-2018, 08:59 AM

10,788 posts, read 4,356,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamingx View Post
I sincerely hope this is a sarcastic post....

You cannot be comparing Trump to Jesus Christ...
Oh I'm not, I said President Trump REMINDS me of Jesus Christ.
Jesus was the opposite of a sheep.
President Trump is the opposite of a sheep.
There are no other world leaders with this quality.

Old 01-01-2018, 09:13 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,737,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Actually, he reminds me of the Anti-Christ and various false prophets mentioned in the end of the bible. His actions are about as "anti-Christian" as a person can get without straight-out murdering people. He is heartless, petty, hateful, cold, merciless, dishonest, sleazy, and stupid. He uses everyone, can't keep his word, and completely lacks empathy or courage. He is cheap, cruel, and immature, seeing others as simply tools to inflate his own limitless ego. And yet some people worship him as a saint or prophet, while claiming to believe in the very ideals Trump has rejected his entire life!

I don't place much faith in literal biblical predictions, but when it comes to a false prophet, one would have to try really hard to come up with a better example than Trump.
There are many false prophets. You need to look no further than the various mega churches that have sprung up around the country in recent years. They now have a leader in Trump.

Old 01-01-2018, 09:22 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,116,700 times
Any comparisons of Trump and Jesus are blasphemous and make me ill. I still think some out there are in danger of violating the 1st commandment, or have.

Old 01-01-2018, 09:23 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
It will be more awesome with the demise of more liberal policies.

Hopefully he will do something about deadbeats and how they get welfare in perpetuity.

Old 01-01-2018, 09:27 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,632,034 times
Quote:
Lol. No.

Look, just knock it off already, members of Cult 45. We all know the truth.

A few years ago, Trump was a joke. Sure, he had money and fame, but nobody took that clown seriously. He was considered immature, ignorant, a boar, and a textbook example of a spoiled rich kid who never grew up and was never held accountable for anything. People from both parties - and anyone with common sense - derided him as an oaf who couldn't be trusted and who managed to skate through life thanks to the wealth into which he was born and his silver, forked tongue. He was entertainment and a punchline - and nothing more.

A few years ago, before Trump became the oh so sacred Republican party nominee for president, nobody in that party - or any party - would have been dumb enough to trust Trump with: their retirement fund, their house for a weekend, or their wife or daughter for one night. But now - now that he's a Republican - suddenly 1 in 3 Americans decide to "play dumb" and forget the past few decades. Now, we're to believe Trump is a genius.

Come on! Again, nobody is buying it. If Trump had run as a Democrat, he would have lost (progressives aren't dumb enough to vote for a clod like him; hell, many didn't vote for Clinton), and the far right would still be bashing him to this day, just like they keep whining about Clinton. But take the same immature, bigoted, nasty oaf, slap an "R" after his name, and now he's a saint?!

Nonsense like this is why the far-right cannot be taken seriously anymore when it comes to responsible governance.
You know, all that claptrap you are spouting makes me think of the election of Obama..A complete unknown democrat with no experience other than 186 days as a state senator, no leadership, nor military experience, no foriegn policy experience, no budget/economic experience. Most of his past was secret, under lock and key..and he spent a lot of money to make sure it would not be made public. Why? And anyone...ANYONE who dared ask anything about tall of this was immediatly branded as a racist, hate filled monster, and told to ****. But now, we are supposed to listen to the same lamocrats as they lambast a President that fights back? Give me a break

Old 01-01-2018, 09:33 AM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
You can't possibly be serious. Trump is a slimebag and everyone has know that for years - nothing has changed in that regard with him becoming president. You can't possibly be so small-minded as to think that all the times he's been caught red-handed or sued for scummy actions was really just "people being envious of his success."

He has done nothing to be proud of in his entire worthless life, and I wouldn't trade my middle-class position for his in a million years. At least I have friends. At least I belief in actual science and facts. At least I am able to enjoy life and experience new things - I don't feel a need to travel to the other side of the globe just to eat a Big Mac. At least I'm able to do something with my day other than mindlessly track my poll numbers and post insane, fact-free rants on Twitter. Were Trump not a horrible leader and in a position to ramrod right-wing lunatic agendas down our throats, I'd pity him even more than I'd hate him. Why? Because despite all his wealth, he has nothing of actual value.

As for the rest, just because the mob elected right-wing stooges this time around doesn't mean it was a good idea. The Democratic party leadership is full of idiots, sure, but the Republican party is even worse these days. Your party will get what's coming to them soon enough. Just keep on supporting kiddie diddlers like Moore and scumbags like Trump and see how it plays out, lol...
"and everyone has know that for years "

EVERYONE, really?

Who gave you permission to speak for "everyone"?

You didn't ask me and of thousands of others.

Your "importance" is only your self gratification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies