Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 11:00 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
There will be more cases of scromiting as stoners will be in denial that their “safe” plant turned on them.
Almost like you're excited about it. Weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2018, 11:04 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Highly doubtful. It will increasingly be used to manage the pain of cancer patients, though.

Where is the OP's scientific methodology and research to back up these bizarre medical assertions?

https://www.cancer.org/treatment/tre...nd-cancer.html

What is the relationship between marijuana and cancer? | Drug Policy Alliance

In a 1936 movie?

Old 01-01-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Totally false, and misleading. The chemicals created by burning both tobacco, and marijuana are harmful to the human body when inhaled. The Left has demonized cigarettes, and legal tobacco, but marijuana is fine? More Progressive logic.

Then you'll have no trouble supplying a link to an in-depth study that made that conclusion, right?

Old 01-01-2018, 11:11 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I started smoking after getting bladder cancer. Cancer free today.
What type of Cancer did you have?

It is amazing to read that someone claimed to have cured from Cancer and than starts smoking and sounds like promoting that behavior!

If you have been at any Cancer facility and sees the tragedies of Cancer than your post is shocking to read.

Of course if it is true that you are cured that is great news.

Btw I never smoked more than a few cigarettes as a young teenager often tend to do and btw where I lived there was no minimum age at the time so not illegal.

Luckily I never liked to smoke and frankly rather saved my money for anything else at the time that I was making money.

Of course there are people who get cancer without having smoked.

Learning about Bladder Cancer and smoking and only knowing about Lung Cancer being known for the major factor of smoking, opened my eyes even more.

Bladder Cancer is in the top ten for men and women and smoking and arsenic in water as well as many high level of exposure to certain paints and dye is what is causing this terrible illness.

I was wondering if Marijuana is having the same effects to increase the chances of getting this and other Cancers.

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/bladde...k-factors.html

Read the article and free to put whatever inside your body as it is your decision, not mine. Just be careful to expose your loved ones to what is your choice and ask if that the increase risks of Cancer is what they are signing up for.

The family members who are all dead now, didn't know back than what their habits could have contribute to, but they knew it was bad as in the seventies and later most warning came out very strong. Unfortunately many people, including them, were so addicted to tobacco.

Old 01-01-2018, 11:11 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The tobacco itself causes cancer. It causes your lungs to be coated with tar and other toxins which cause cancer.
I am not expert on Marijuana, but logic would suggest that tar, and other toxins would be caused by inhaling burnt marijuana also.

Old 01-01-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
I am not expert on Marijuana, but logic would suggest that tar, and other toxins would be caused by inhaling burnt marijuana also.

The idiotic placement of cannabis in the same group as heroin impedes researching many things about it.

https://www.popsci.com/science/artic...ists-study-pot

Old 01-01-2018, 12:11 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Totally false, and misleading. The chemicals created by burning both tobacco, and marijuana are harmful to the human body when inhaled. The Left has demonized cigarettes, and legal tobacco, but marijuana is fine? More Progressive logic.
You have quite obviously never heard of the government lung expert who was paid by your tax dollars to do years of research in order to prove smoking marijuana causes lung cancer. After all that research, he was forced to admit that smoking marijuana does not cause lung cancer.

Old 01-01-2018, 12:12 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I'm more worried about the immediate effects that I might feel, namely a accident and not the long term effects that a chronic smoker might have.

My concern is that some idiot that just toked up in the parking lot at the state run marijuana shop will drive home and run me over as I ride my bike.
It has already happened in my state of Mass. where a guy got his medical pot, smoked it in the parking lot which is "not allowed" and drove into a state trooper that had made a traffic stop killing him.

We have enough problems with distracted drivers and adding pot to the list of impairments is going to do nothing but increase the carnage.

At least on the bright side if I do get run over by a pot head and I survive I can smoke dope to ease my pain without fear of being arrested.
Then let's make alcohol illegal too.

Oh and radios in car, eating in cars, phones in cars, talking in cars, all that has at some point killed somebody.

Old 01-01-2018, 12:21 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Then let's make alcohol illegal too.

Oh and radios in car, eating in cars, phones in cars, talking in cars, all that has at some point killed somebody.
Cigarette lighters, that's wut's killin' 'em!

They're try'n ta cook their heroins with their cigarette lighters!

Old 01-01-2018, 12:27 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
FTR, I don't partake of either tobacco nor marijuana myself, but guys? - do try to join the real world.

For one thing, it's not the 1960s any more. Edibles and vapes are in, firing up an old-school joint in the way of the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers is how grandma did it. For another, even those who do smoke don't chain-smoke the way cigarette smokers do.

People may be having fun in ways you don't approve of, and I realize that for some it's a horrid thought, but I think you may just have to find a way to cope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies