Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2018, 07:15 AM

5,734 posts, read 3,252,087 times

Advertisements

go look at many a liberal college. Tell me how free speech is practiced at places like Berkley where republican speakers are run of campus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
According to who? You keep parroting this, but you have yet shown any proof to back up the claim that someone wants to ban all disagreeing arguments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 07:15 AM

693 posts, read 357,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
were talking about government controlling so called "hate speech" which the left seems to be all in favor for.
because we all know that what the left seems to disagree with needs to be outlawed or banned.

Read what I posted after....I too am against government controlling hate speech.

I was pointing out the hypocrisy of the right when it comes to infringing on rights, which far too often, they do as well. Both sides cherry pick what rights they want to infringe on.

Have you never seen the stories of conservatives wanting to ban certain books? Or when they want to ban homosexual activity?
Or how about banning certain news organizations from press briefings? That is a form of government control over information.

The hypocrisy swings both ways.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:18 AM

693 posts, read 357,062 times
Quote:
go look at many a liberal college. Tell me how free speech is practiced at places like Berkley where republican speakers are run of campus.

You don't know how free speech works.
You have the freedom to say what you want AND not be arrested by government for it. You DON'T have the freedom to say what you want, wherever you want to without being kicked out. The government did NOT step in and prevent anyone from speaking on campus.

NO ONE is calling for people to be arrested for "what" they say. You can say whatever hateful thing you want, without fear of incarceration. Your freedom is NOT being infringed.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:54 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
So, you are under the impression colleges write US law?

I am begging to understand the confusion here.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:59 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
You don't have to go all the way to Berkley. Look at the universities in our own area in, and around Philly. Penn is the worst, and I went there! If you are not a far left, progressive you are NOT welcome there. If you speak of anything remotely conservative, or traditional you are accused of Hate Speech, and labeled RACIST.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:04 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You don't have to go all the way to Berkley. Look at the universities in our own area in, and around Philly. Penn is the worst, and I went there! If you are not a far left, progressive you are NOT welcome there. If you speak of anything remotely conservative, or traditional you are accused of Hate Speech, and labeled RACIST.
Maybe you want to give a few examples of these conservative and traditional comments you made on the campus of Penn? That is, if you have ever actually attended. I'm not sure I believe you based on your comments. Sorry...

Old 01-03-2018, 08:05 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Oh great, The Gestapo is back.

I wasn't planning to go to Germany but this means no way I even use their airports.
That's what I said. We have our Army there for a reason. The Germans seem to have this problem....when they are all together in their own country. When they become Americans they fight as hard as anyone to support and defend freedom. But put them all together in their own country and look out.

I should know, I'm 100% German. All my great grandparents emigrated from Germany. I know what they are all about. Control.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:08 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Maybe you want to give a few examples of these conservative and traditional comments you made on the campus of Penn? That is, if you have ever actually attended. I'm not sure I believe you based on your comments. Sorry...
I did my undergrad at Villanova, and Masters Degree at Penn. I really don't care if you believe me, or not. I have the diplomas to prove it. I was at Penn in the mid 80's, and it was much different then. The stories, and reports I hear from Penn, and their progressive bias is chilling, and very disappointing.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:10 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
So what percentage of Canada is non-white?

38% like the U.S.?
Caucasian USA = 72.4%

Caucasian Canada = 72.9%

Remarkably close, isn't it. So, your point is?

Old 01-03-2018, 08:15 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I did my undergrad at Villanova, and Masters Degree at Penn. I really don't care if you believe me, or not. I have the diplomas to prove it. I was at Penn in the mid 80's, and it was much different then. The stories, and reports I hear from Penn, and their progressive bias is chilling, and very disappointing.
Got it. You are basing your comments on stories and reports and not personal experience as you implied. Use those critical thinking skills you learned back in the 80's!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies