Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 06:21 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,028,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Wish Libs would learn to ignore him. Their hysteria is out of control.
I wish he would stop calling everything other than what he believes Fake News. That just puts people and media in defense mode.

If he would shut up, stop playing golf, bashing previous administrations, taking credit for achievements put in motion by others, offending our long term allies, etc. Basically all the same stuff wrong he has been doing all his first year in office.

At this point he has proved himself unfit for President and his "Locker Room Banter" with North Korea over Nuclear weapons is no joke!

Old 01-03-2018, 06:31 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
He was always a clown but much more interesting as a candidate.

He still entertains but it isn't the same now that he's "the system".

We need him to run again, perhaps against Pocahontas, to have more fun like 2016.
That is a possibility and will be a "really big show". Frank Gorshin sounds like a prophet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuiMPfMYqmk

Old 01-03-2018, 06:32 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
The US and NK are threatening to nuke each other and all you can say is 'Hillary lost'?

No wonder we have an idiot in office.
libs have poor memories

Who said these things?

the U.S. could, in fact, turn North Korea into a memory. ---Barack Obama

"We could, obviously, destroy North Korea with our arsenals," ---- Barack Obama

North Korea is a "wasteland," and would have to face "consequences" if it continued to pursue its nuclear program. -- Barack Obama

"I know of no one who seriously believes that the United States and [South Korea] would be defeated in a war of aggression by North Korea if they were to attack," "And I made it as clear as I could that if they were to do that, they would pay a price so great that the nation would probably not survive as it is known today."
Bill Clinton - 1993

Old 01-03-2018, 06:34 AM

7,126 posts, read 12,667,756 times
I saw a media story this morning that called DT's strategy toward Korea as "Jock and Awe" (mine's bigger than yours). That cracked me up.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:51 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
That is a possibility and will be a "really big show". Frank Gorshin sounds like a prophet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuiMPfMYqmk
I enjoyed the Frank Gorshin clip -- takes me back to 1983 when I met him and he bought me a drink in Oklahoma City when he was the MC of the National Cowboy Hall of Fame's Western Heritage Awards Banquet.
He and I checked into our rooms at about the same time and he had the suite next to my room.

Funny guy, he was afraid I didn't recognize him in the hall so he put on his name tag so I would be sure and know who he was. Some years later I had lunch with George Carlin when his brother (who was a good friend of mine) invited me to have lunch with him and his brother. I had no idea his brother was George Carlin.

The world is often a lot smaller than we think.

Old 01-04-2018, 09:41 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,597,200 times
the leftist MSM and haters sure do so they can keep finding things to whine about.

Old 01-04-2018, 09:47 AM

3,733 posts, read 5,966,065 times
Unfortunately, we have to pay attention, even though other world leaders have written him off as the clown that he is. When you have the President of the United States making classless remarks to world leaders, comparing his "big button" as if it were a part of his anatomy, hurling insults to people he hates on twitter, destabilizing our foreign policy with is no-policy, gutting and destroying needed programs, sabotaging healthcare, and listening to advisors who want to destroy our government, we have to pay attention.

Old 01-04-2018, 09:54 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
When he was first elected I found myself reading every Tweet and watching his speeches, news casts, etc.

After a year of it, I just ignore him. I see a tweet and literally don’t read it. If the news quotes it, I skip the story or read the first sentence or two of the story and just disregard.

Every tweet or speech is just him putting someone, some agency, some country, or some company down. The term “fake news” has been played out.

In summary, Trump is boring. He’s a clown.

I don’t even pay attention to the guy anymore. Do you?
I'm too busy winning.

Old 01-04-2018, 11:01 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Boring, oafish, deplorable, pig, racist...................whatever they think of Trump, he is inside the head of many Liberals and they can get him out!

Old 01-04-2018, 04:52 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
Unfortunately, we have to pay attention, even though other world leaders have written him off as the clown that he is. When you have the President of the United States making classless remarks to world leaders, comparing his "big button" as if it were a part of his anatomy, hurling insults to people he hates on twitter, destabilizing our foreign policy with is no-policy, gutting and destroying needed programs, sabotaging healthcare, and listening to advisors who want to destroy our government, we have to pay attention.

I completely agree with you. It gets rather old quickly. I've been literally fatigued from it for months (in combination with other things) but I pay attention a lot because I know I have to. If we stopped paying attention to this administration it gives them the clearance to go ahead with their bad policies. On the other hand we need to pay as much attention to what goes on as much as we do to what Trump says if not more. He unfortunately makes a good distraction and it's even worse at certain times of the year. While people were getting outraged over what Trump says Jeff Sessions was doing a little repealing over Christmas. When I looked over it I know it at least can't be good. I'm just not sure if it is neutral or bad but it's important to watch and see.

I do turn the channel if I see him on the TV quickly unless it is a comedy program. Seeing his face just leaves me with a disgusting feeling. I'm not one to use the word ugly but that is ugly and it's probably because inside he's an ugly person. I find for me at least guys will look like their personality. Bush Jr. may not be a looker but he's always had a warm hearted face.

I'm certainly not crying over it (I've got more distressing things to be depressed about) much to the Trumpers disappointment. I'm just over him being president and having to talk about him. That's another thing. I talk about him as much as I can because if I stop that means what he's doing is okay but sometimes I do need a break so on vacation I rarely did. I don't talk to most people IRL about him though..just online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies