Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2018, 11:12 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Relax, sonny.

Like as not, I've voted for more Pubs than you have. Voted for Reagan both times.

Only Dem prez I've voted for is Obama.

I'm just not a "party over country" Foxbot with a Limbotomy.

Carry on.

I voted for Trump because of the SC. The SC judges are not supposed to tow any one party line or another. They are supposed to be constitutionalists. Though you keep alleging I somehow voted on party lines.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:13 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
To be fair, some have questioned the accuracy of the claims in the book. These statements were made on CNN.
And people are coming forward to attest to the truth of some of the events described in the book. Details of a dinner party attended by Wolf, Roger Ailes and Steve Bannon in which Ailes tells Bannon that President Donald Trump “would jump through hoops” for both Rupert Murdoch and Vladimir Putin, and a discussion of Trump's lack of foreign policy acument were dismissed by the White House as being untrue..well, until Janice Min who attended the event came forward.

“So I was one of the 6 guests at the Bannon-Ailes dinner party in January 2017 and every word I’ve seen from the book about it is absolutely accurate,” she wrote. “It was an astonishing night.” Min’s report is corroborated by Axios, who recently revealed that Wolff taped many of his interviews and that the dinner-in-question was actually held at the author’s New York City townhouse."
https://www.mediaite.com/online/the-...tely-accurate/

Stay tuned, I think some conservative heads will be exploding over this book

Old 01-05-2018, 11:19 AM

1,294 posts, read 1,121,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Nice try. He's not saying that the quotes aren't actual quotes, he's just saying he doesn't know if the people talking to him were telling the truth.
Ummm........did you read your reply?

Old 01-05-2018, 11:20 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I didn't, but that's once Bannon was out. He started this a while back, but he was taking it easy and sizing up the situation. Steve Bannon may be many foul things, but he's not an unintelligent man at all.

and Trump thought he would be loyal!

Old 01-05-2018, 11:21 AM

1,548 posts, read 913,343 times
America is obsessed with Donald Trump

Old 01-05-2018, 11:23 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,193,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Trump himself said that even if there were collusion, it’s not illegal. So why waste time there. Go after trump’s money trail and bust him for Russian money laundering and massive corruption. That will end his presidency and send a whole bunch 0f people, including his family members, into jail. That’s what he’s really is afraid of.
I read that interview with the NYT and that was taken out of context.

They are searching for anything, anyway to get rid of him and you people are going along with it like lemmings. Every person who has ever held power in DC for the past 30 years is against him, if you like the direction we've gone since Bush 1 then by all means you want to keep things the same. I think our country has been corrupted and special interests have been put before the American people for 30 years

Old 01-05-2018, 11:26 AM

18,022 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
What I am seeing in the past 48 hours is a lot of leaks from the White House that the media ran with as storied cobbled together with a bunch of off the record comments to create a book. None of this would be newsworthy if it weren't for the Bannon angle. We have already heard about these stories over the course of a year.

The two things that confuse me are what was Bannon thinking? what is his end game?
Why is Trump getting himself crazy over what will be one of many books published about his time as POTUS. This is where temperament comes into play. Trump has to rise above this. Some fights aren't worth the time or the attention of the POTUS.
True.

Bannon, what a fascinating guy. I was about as confused with this guy as I have been James Comey.

I think both these guys are schizophrenic. There's no other explanation that begins to make sense of their behavior.

At least James Comey is a somewhat distinguished looking fellow. I'd like to briefly ah... mention my thoughts on the mug on Steve Bannon. I don't usually focus in on something so shallow as this, but it must be commended on.

What on earth does this character look like when he first pulls his pumpkin off the pillow in the morning? His walking around appearance is no picnic. He's got sort of a perma-gin blossom thing going on.

Now, my cat here had a pretty good mug on him, imo. I think he's pretty handsome. But his furballs that he yaks up aren't too attractive. They look like Cinderfreakingrella compared to Steve Bannon's mug. I think this guy's stock plummets for good and all as it should.

Who amongst you here is truly willing to stand in his corner... To finish the dance with him?

My dad has a saying... Beauty is skin deep. But ugliness is ground to the bone.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:26 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
What I am seeing in the past 48 hours is a lot of leaks from the White House that the media ran with as storied cobbled together with a bunch of off the record comments to create a book. None of this would be newsworthy if it weren't for the Bannon angle. We have already heard about these stories over the course of a year.

The two things that confuse me are what was Bannon thinking? what is his end game?
Why is Trump getting himself crazy over what will be one of many books published about his time as POTUS. This is where temperament comes into play. Trump has to rise above this. Some fights aren't worth the time or the attention of the POTUS.
That's true. But Trump just can't help himself. Something which has been obvious for literally decades. He's the same person he's always been. And he'll be that person until he dies. And if he's like many older people I've known (including me), if anything, he will become more that person.

As for Bannon, it was never any secret that he saw Trump as the best horse for Bannon to ride to get done what Bannon wanted to get done. Bannon is just really bad at picking horses. Now he's gotta regroup.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:38 AM

2,535 posts, read 3,101,085 times
The kindle version of Fire and Fury is on its way to me. I want this author's sales to be JACKED.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:55 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Is there a "conservative" party? Because if there is, I don't see it.
There's a party that conservatives give their vote to, consistently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies