Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2018, 06:22 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times

Advertisements

I've purchased several copies that'll be delivered to family members.

tRump thought he could ban it.

Just another indicator of how far his Alzheimer's has progressed.

Old 01-05-2018, 06:26 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,656,633 times
After the publication of James Frey's "A Million Little Pieces", I believe most publishers have become much more responsible of fact checking. I do have to wonder how much of this book is FAKE if a publisher and author know they will be faced with lawsuits for lying. Surely the publisher and author have documentation to support his book?

Old 01-05-2018, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
This whole thing reminds me of the Ronald Reagan biography. The one where the author made it up.
Let's take a stroll down memory lane.

https://www.historians.org/publicati...ucting-history

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch:..._Ronald_Reagan
But the contrast between now with tRump and 35 years ago with Reagan is very stark.

Ronnie was experienced in governing, very well spoken, well-liked, and fully engaged in working for the national interest. At the time, that meant winning the Cold War, which he accomplished.

He was everything that tRump is utterly incapable of being.

Wolff is delivering a good bash to tRump and one that the vast majority of the public thinks is well deserved.

Old 01-05-2018, 06:30 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,398,802 times
What this book really is is a distress signal sent up by Trump's inner circle that there is trouble and the ship is sinking.

I don't know how much clearer it could be.

Trump needs to be removed from office.

That is what Trump's own team is telling the world.

Old 01-05-2018, 06:32 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,792,682 times
Bannon's book doesn't contain any election interference evidence and it's author has a well-deserved reputation as a liar.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.667861db3e91

I would excerpt some of the examples of his lying except there are too many to pick from.

Old 01-05-2018, 06:57 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Watched Sarah Huckabee Sanders press conference. Called it "false and fake information" and how Trump is against that.

You don't say.

Old 01-05-2018, 06:59 AM

45,363 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
But the contrast between now with tRump and 35 years ago with Reagan is very stark.

Ronnie was experienced in governing, very well spoken, well-liked, and fully engaged in working for the national interest. At the time, that meant winning the Cold War, which he accomplished.

He was everything that tRump is utterly incapable of being.

Wolff is delivering a good bash to tRump and one that the vast majority of the public thinks is well deserved.

Well deserved or not, and let's assume that many of the instances cited are not factual since they've been denied, is that the way to do it?

Old 01-05-2018, 07:08 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
After the publication of James Frey's "A Million Little Pieces", I believe most publishers have become much more responsible of fact checking. I do have to wonder how much of this book is FAKE if a publisher and author know they will be faced with lawsuits for lying. Surely the publisher and author have documentation to support his book?
There are tapes.

The author was given full access to the White House, it just seems that people forgot he was there or what he was doing when running their mouths. Trump only hires the best, most astute people, you know.

Old 01-05-2018, 07:12 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,792,682 times
Why would anyone believe Michael Wolff? He's a well know liar, especially well known to other "journalists" and authors. His reputation is dirt. He is known to write things which have absolutely no factual support.

Even if what he writes about Bannon's interview is true, it's just an opinion. It doesn't add anything new. It's just Bannon being Bannon, who to Democrats up until this. week was one of the most reviled figures in politics.

The Democrats have not had anything new on election interference since last summer (except their now-disavowal of the Steele dossier). All the "news" that came out this week was known months ago. The only reason it's being rehashed now is to distract attention from the Steele dossier's role in the FISA warrant, which reflects directly on FBI/DOJ Clinton operatives.

Old 01-05-2018, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Well deserved or not, and let's assume that many of the instances cited are not factual since they've been denied, is that the way to do it?

I won't pretend to guide your reading.

No doubt Wolff has sensationalized here and there. But it's also clear that the main theme of tRump's staff seeing him as a childish incompetent oaf is far from fiction. It's been the "best-selling" whisper theme in DC all year long. Wolff just put it into print.

And, as I've said repeatedly for many months now...

...tRump is VERY amusing.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies