Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 06:19 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Trump is trying to make every American happy. He is not willing to bow down to the interests of globalists or support the NWO, which is why democrats and some establishment Republicans hate him.

Let's talk about that for a minute, Kev. Your side sees the actions Trump has taken to make "America first" and the rest of the world second as some wonderful plan that will really make us great again. The reality is, Trump has caused such a rift between us and our allies, and the rest of the world, that other countries are turning their backs on US.

Even countries we rely on are not sure if they can trust America to do certain things any longer. What this has caused is that other major players, like China, are stepping up to the plate and filling the void left by Trump's misguided agenda. Even NK and SK are starting to work together more, and our allies are seeing China become a monster in the international arena.

So, what Trump and his blind cult see as us moving to make ourselves stronger, is really a path to us losing respect and our position as the greatest country on the planet. We see it every day, other countries ignoring our departure from climate change discussions , and moving ahead without us. Same with NAFTA, and other programs where America used to take the lead.

Anyone who thinks this is good for us has no idea how the world functions, and how vulnerable we are without the rest of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

8,840 posts, read 4,804,457 times
The whole thing was a sham to assuage Trump's ego.

But why was it even needed? I heard Gregg Philipps tell Chris Cuomo ages ago that he already had proof of millions of illegal votes.

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Russian interference or influence through troll farms, hacking, and other cyber methods is NOT the same thing as actually changing votes.

No one has made a legitimate claim that the latter was done. Do you have evidence that votes were changed?
Hacking and cyber methods sure sound like attacks on the election system to me.

As for the rest, did you change your vote due to influence of "troll farms". Yep, I thought so.

Democrats say there was election fraud at the hands of Russians, but they sure as hell don't want an investigation of election fraud. Has to be seen to be believed.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:20 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
Why can't it be an investigation in search of a crime, like Mueller?
The Mueller investigation was actually based on something:
How the Russia Inquiry Began: A Campaign Aide, Drinks and Talk of Political Dirt

And has actually yielded indictments.

What was this "election fraud commission" based on? Oh yeah, a hack on the Internet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIYHIycbWb8

It's embarrassing that we have a President that actually takes con artist conspiracy theorists like this seriously. Very embarrassing.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
The Mueller investigation was actually based on something:
Hmm. Nope. That is an opinion from the Mexican owned blog called the NY Times. We already know they put out endless false negative news about Trump AND they colluded with the Clinton campaign.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:22 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
The Republicans have decided to use the same tactics the Dems have used to win elections. Level the playing field by having fraudulent votes.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:23 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,399,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
The Republicans have decided to use the same tactics the Dems have used to win elections. Level the playing field by having fraudulent votes.
This is pure delusion.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

As for the rest, did you change your vote due to influence of "troll farms". Yep, I thought so.

Democrats say there was election fraud at the hands of Russians, but they sure as hell don't want an investigation of election fraud. Has to be seen to be believed.
You are still failing to comprehend the difference.

Spinning the Intel Hearing
https://www.factcheck.org/2017/03/sp...intel-hearing/
Quote:
What was the White House talking about? The tweet (see below) included a video of Rogers, the NSA director, answering questions from GOP Rep. Devin Nunes, the committee chairman, about whether the Russians hacked voting machines and “changed vote tallies” in key swing states.

Rogers responded no to each of the six states mentioned by Nunes: Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Florida, North Carolina and Ohio.
Quote:
But Rogers was merely repeating what Director of National Intelligence James Clapper told the Senate Armed Services Committee on Jan. 5. “They did not change any vote tallies or anything of that sort,” said Clapper, who since has stepped down as the intelligence director.

The fact that Russian hackers did not change votes does not mean that “Russia did not influence electoral process.” The intelligence community has taken no position on whether Russia influenced the election outcome.

Has any evidence been found that Russia actually hacked voting booths and vote tallies?

Old 01-03-2018, 06:26 PM

Quote:
You are still failing to comprehend the difference.
Nope. It's a very simple question. Yet no answer except ad hominem fallacy. This is typical.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Nope. It's a very simple question. Yet no answer except ad hominem fallacy. This is typical.
Please specify your question. I see no question in your post:
Quote:

Is this the question? "did you change your vote due to influence of "troll farms""

Did I, personally? Well, considering I didn't vote for Trump (and never, at any moment, ever considered it), the answer would be "no".

Did others? I would think it would be naive to assume that the divisive (and often false) content spread by these trolls/bots did not have an effect on swinging some votes. And when you're talking about margins that are measured in the thousands in some states, these swings could be significant.

I would never argue that HRC lost because of Russian influence (it is impossible to know, and we don't have another Earth to run that experiment on) - but it is not a great leap of faith to see that the power of manipulation had an effect (there are many examples of HUGE engagement numbers of divisive, disingenuous, and false content spread by Russian trolls/bot accounts).

If you would like to link me to some evidence or data that suggested that voting booths or tallies were hacked, I am all ears, though.

It's been a year, and still this fraud has not produced a single shred of proof:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIYHIycbWb8&t=1s

These are the people our President listens to...

Last edited by HockeyMac18; 01-03-2018 at 06:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies