Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2018, 11:55 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Not good enough. We are still a sovereign nation and selling that out to a group of international companies who can usurp current laws on a whim isn't worth the trade. Its a no starter.
I guess you are in love with tax hikes. Do you even know what TTIP was?

Old 09-17-2018, 01:15 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times
Quote:
Trumponomics is setting records and spreading prosperity all across the country. It would all come to a end if Dems witts take control of congress.
( NOTE : We aren't talking about 25,OOO anymore but 26,000 )

https://www.nfib.com/surveys/small-b...onomic-trends/

“Today’s groundbreaking numbers are demonstrative of what I’m hearing everyday from small business owners – that business is booming. As the tax and regulatory landscape changed, so did small business expectations and plans,”

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/11/smal...hest-ever.html

U.S. small business optimism surged to a record in August as the tax cuts and deregulation efforts of President Donald Trump and the Republican-led Congress led to more sales, hiring and investment, according to a survey by the National Federation of Independent Business.
Yep, getting ready to hire a new person right now. Small business is definitely better under Trump.

Old 09-17-2018, 02:10 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I guess you are in love with tax hikes. Do you even know what TTIP was?
I know the European Union isn't a country and its obvious you don't if you think its a bilateral trade deal between countries. Trump was clearly not in favor of trade deals involving 28 countries as a block. It's that kind of bi-lateral trade deals that don't workout best for the US.

Last edited by phma; 09-17-2018 at 02:25 PM..

Old 09-17-2018, 02:38 PM

Trump: Announcement on China will come after markets close

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/tru...dist=bigcharts

Old 09-17-2018, 02:42 PM

Quote:
I know the European Union isn't a country and its obvious you don't if you think its a bilateral trade deal between countries. Trump was clearly not in favor of trade deals involving 28 countries as a block. It's that kind of bi-lateral trade deals that don't workout best for the US.
I guess we are making progress since you have gone from denying a deal existed, to admitting it existed.

Environmentalists and labor unions in Europe were the loudest opponents of the deal. Trump didn't like it because his name was missing from it. Now he wants to re-open the deal, apparently because he thinks he can claim credit for it.

Old 09-17-2018, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I guess we are making progress since you have gone from denying a deal existed, to admitting it existed.

Environmentalists and labor unions in Europe were the loudest opponents of the deal. Trump didn't like it because his name was missing from it. Now he wants to re-open the deal, apparently because he thinks he can claim credit for it.
Yes it looks like we are making progress now that there can be no denying Trump is living in your head ( probably rent free too ). There will be no end to the wild unsupported accusations. You have done what all others have failed to do. Know the intent and what is in the mind of another they never met or interacted with. Even Spock on Star trek had to lay hands on to do his mind melt.

Old 09-17-2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Yes it looks like we are making progress now that there can be no denying Trump is living in your head ( probably rent free too ). There will be no end to the wild unsupported accusations. You have done what all others have failed to do. Know the intent and what is in the mind of another they never met or interacted with. Even Spock on Star trek had to lay hands on to do his mind melt.
Yes, it is actually easy to tell what is in the mind of people who display it in the media on daily bases.

Old 09-17-2018, 05:24 PM

1,070 posts, read 392,817 times
I’m Bigly into the stock markets - I watch ‘em multiple times per day. EVERY time F’ing Moron threatens another tariff, the markets decline - EVERY SINGLE TIME. Smart guy that I am, as soon as he announces I sell. And if his “threat” goes away I buy back.

Today’s tariffs scare the cr*p outta me. He’s doing it (A) because he is clueless and has zero (0) idea what he’s doing or (B) he’s doing it because he needs to change the subject from Manafort etc. Probably both (A) and (B)

I bailed 98% outta the markets just-now

Old 09-17-2018, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNC View Post
I’m Bigly into the stock markets - I watch ‘em multiple times per day. EVERY time F’ing Moron threatens another tariff, the markets decline - EVERY SINGLE TIME. Smart guy that I am, as soon as he announces I sell. And if his “threat” goes away I buy back.

Today’s tariffs scare the cr*p outta me. He’s doing it (A) because he is clueless and has zero (0) idea what he’s doing or (B) he’s doing it because he needs to change the subject from Manafort etc. Probably both (A) and (B)

It must have been just terrible making money on the way up and then to sell near the highs instead of the lows like everyone else.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:41 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNC View Post

Rather than address the reality of your comments (which my 40 years of investing has also shown to be the case), the OP had chosen to not yet admit that Trump has absolutely no idea what he is doing and his actions are holding back the bull.

C'mon, P, you can admit it! After all, the common man doesn't make squat off the markets anyway - just we at the top.

I choose not to day trade since I really don't need the money (I am very conservative in my spending and simply don't want for anything)...but I did sell about 1/3 of my stocks and much of the rest is invested in Buffet and really conservative stuff like that.

One just cannot invest in the regular "America" of manufacturers, car companies, etc. because Trump cannot be trusted to follow through in ANY way. I mean....the best course of actions is to keep his small hands off the markets. But he really thinks he can swing them as some kind of big stick...all he is doing is making sure our partners cannot trust us for decades to come...and ruining many American and other businesses with his day to day changes.

That's no way to run a country and an economy. The Kudlow Clown show....well, there are not even words for that! A senile and useless man who thinks he has some importance because his nose is brown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies