Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2018, 09:52 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,704,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Confidence is a key component. Business was afraid of Clinton's wish for even more regulation. We squashed that fear BIGLY.
If it isn't that Hillary was a Wall Street darling it's that she was anti-business...

Wish you Trump types would get your stories straight. I mean BIGLY! And whatever story you decide to peddle, at least get it right. Obama was also considered by the same folks as some sort of "foreign-born Muslim commie out to ruin America," yet..., elected for a second term and both the stock market and economy began to turn around while he was in office, leaving Trump and the rest of us strong winds to our backs economically speaking.

Why Trump and his core insist on turning us backwards at such a time is BIGLY like hard to understand or believe...

Old 01-08-2018, 10:05 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,643,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
If it isn't that Hillary was a Wall Street darling it's that she was anti-business...

Wish you Trump types would get your stories straight. I mean BIGLY! And whatever story you decide to peddle, at least get it right. Obama was also considered by the same folks as some sort of "foreign-born Muslim commie out to ruin America," yet..., elected for a second term and both the stock market and economy began to turn around while he was in office, leaving Trump and the rest of us strong winds to our backs economically speaking.

Why Trump and his core insist on turning us backwards at such a time is BIGLY like hard to understand or believe...
Lost all creditability with the statement in bold.
Totally disconnected from the economy, evidence, and reality.
Hat Trick is Trump's. Magic Trick for sideshow, lose their shirt, lefty's. Three Card Monty investment style.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:00 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,731,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
President Trump is absolutely the greatest on the economy. Dow breaks 25,000

They say it still has room to run !!!!

Go ahead 401K make my day !!!

Old 01-08-2018, 12:39 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,883,552 times
Thumbs up success keeps on rolling for Trump!

Trump has surprised many in in winning a year ago.

Tax Plans has simulated growth
Unemployed is at the lowest in 16 years.
We are back to be a World Power and not leading from behind
Reduced regulations (for every 1 reg 16 must go)

Liberals are outraged Trump is successful. What is equally as important that Liberal Policy has failed and Obama will sink below Carter as Presidents go.

Old 01-09-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Lost all creditability with the statement in bold.
Totally disconnected from the economy, evidence, and reality.
Hat Trick is Trump's. Magic Trick for sideshow, lose their shirt, lefty's. Three Card Monty investment style.
"Lost all creditability?" (No doubt you mean credibility, but funny coming from you either way)...

Again YOUR point of view reminds us of the great divide between those who see Trump (and reality) one way and those who see Trump (and reality) quite differently. So too we obviously have different ways of judging credibility.

To my way of thinking, you lost credibility well before my comment #303 and then pretty well confirmed I was right by simply ignoring my comments after that. Directed specifically to you and specifically explaining why your perspective and comments were off base at a minimum. I'll leave it at that to keep it civil here.

I'm guessing you also think your Hat Trick, Magic Trick lefty nonsense is clever as well, but I don't think you are fooling all too many people here with more of that sort of thing.

Apparently works for the stable genius supporters though! I get it...

Old 01-09-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Trump has surprised many in in winning a year ago.

Tax Plans has simulated growth
Unemployed is at the lowest in 16 years.
We are back to be a World Power and not leading from behind
Reduced regulations (for every 1 reg 16 must go)

Liberals are outraged Trump is successful. What is equally as important that Liberal Policy has failed and Obama will sink below Carter as Presidents go.
I believe this may be the ongoing alter-reality following similar assessments that declared Obama a foreign-born Muslim Communist out to ruin America. Right?

True: Trump has surprised many. That's about where the truth stops and your alter-reality begins...

Obviously, you have either missed or ignored all explanation that more informed sources have provided about when and how we began to enjoy better economic health, including the better employment numbers, so again it's pointless to rehash any of that even though you think simply repeating your same nonsense is meaningful. For Trump supporters maybe, but anyone else. No. Not happening...

"Back to a World Power?" When did we stop being a world power???

Difference is what we're doing with that power, and to think Trump is using it wisely rather than squandering it takes some explaining that you obviously leave to others, just like all the rest.

True again, however, that liberals are outraged, but again you think it's because "Trump is successful."

About that and where Trump or Obama do rank today rather than the rest of this nutty speculation, please do THINK again!

Old 01-09-2018, 10:39 AM

31,009 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Why is Trump only barely pulling Obama numbers on the economy?
Really? Dow growth over the last year was more than Obamas last 4 years. Anyone with a 401k has benefitted. More people off welfare. Companies bringing money back home. Companies giving large bonuses in response. We have a pro American, pro business environment, what's not to like?

Old 01-09-2018, 10:50 AM

[quote=LS Jaun;50644858]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Why is Trump only barely pulling Obama numbers on the economy?[UOTE]

Really? Dow growth over the last year was more than Obamas last 4 years. Anyone with a 401k IMore people off welfare. Companies bringing money back home. Companies giving large bonuses in response. We have a pro American, pro business environment, what's not to like?
What's not to like is misrepresenting the truth and/or telling half-truths to suit one's bias and agenda, in this case to make like we have Trump to thank for the stars rather than understand what is happening around us!

How are you measuring DOW growth, for example? Absolute dollars or percentage growth? Makes a difference to people who understand finance, investment and numbers. Right? I have a 401K that has been doing very nicely lately, thank you! Turned around and gained even more nicely when Obama was president! Which made for the better ROI? When? How? Understand any of that?

More importantly when it comes to who wins and who loses financially, do you know what percent of Americans own stocks? How much? What percent of Americans own all stocks? All wealth? Understand any of those numbers and how can we be so quick to give credit to Trump for helping other than his fellow millionaires and billionaires? At least provide some REAL numbers, for REAL people, and MAYBE you'll begin to understand more about any of this...

How much money are companies bringing back home, for example? How much is staying abroad? Hell, nobody really knows, but you do? Or is all this also just what you want to believe?

Who is getting these large bonuses? You? Your neighbor? The millions still working for minimum wage or close to it? Again you don't say? Or are you referring to Wall Street types???

If Trump is to be "pro American" and "pro business," why are Trump's approval ratings so low?

Might it be that being "pro American" and "pro business" means a lot more to people than just whether the stock market is up or down? Does the average American count when it comes to being "pro American?" The economy, sure, but what about the environment?

What about all the rest that America represents and aspires to be???

That all you got?

Old 01-09-2018, 10:59 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,643,154 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
"Lost all creditability?" (No doubt you mean credibility, but funny coming from you either way)...
I meant what I said and spelled it the way its spelled. What is not in doubt is the condescending nature of those who make assumptions while having such weak vocabularies.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/creditable

Creditability | Define Creditability at Dictionary.com

Creditability Synonyms, Creditability Antonyms | Thesaurus.com

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/creditability

Quote:
Again YOUR point of view reminds us of the great divide between those who see Trump (and reality) one way and those who see Trump (and reality) quite differently. So too we obviously have different ways of judging credibility.

To my way of thinking, you lost credibility well before my comment #303 and then pretty well confirmed I was right by simply ignoring my comments after that. Directed specifically to you and specifically explaining why your perspective and comments were off base at a minimum. I'll leave it at that to keep it civil here.

I'm guessing you also think your Hat Trick, Magic Trick lefty nonsense is clever as well, but I don't think you are fooling all too many people here with more of that sort of thing.

Apparently works for the stable genius supporters though! I get it...
Reminds me of Obama always taking the long way around the barn.

A lot of verbiage to say "we disagree".

Old 01-09-2018, 11:07 AM

[quote=phma;50645098]
Quote:

I meant what I said and spelled it the way its spelled. What is not in doubt is the condescending nature of those who make assumptions while having such weak vocabularies.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/creditable

Creditability | Define Creditability at Dictionary.com

Creditability Synonyms, Creditability Antonyms | Thesaurus.com

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/creditability

Reminds me of Obama always taking the long way around the barn.

A lot of verbiage to say "we disagree".
Learned something! Spelling matters to you! Okay. Fair enough, two ways to spell the word. Good for you...

Also sorry about trying to explain in terms that fit beyond the limits of a bumper sticker. There too I know what a difference that can make for Trump types vs Obama types. Again, I get it!

Over and over and over again, I get it. Right you are. We disagree.

Difference with me is the importance of WHY we disagree, but right you are again. That might take more than another bumper sticker.

Last one I saw read "Trump sucks!" That work better for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies