Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2019, 04:37 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonync View Post
i have two advantages!

1- i'm from ny and i know a con-man when i see one

2- i'm a career salesman. There's a 'saying' among us salesmen: "you can't bs a salesman - we know when someone is bsing"

it's comic relief for me to hear trump bsing non-stop

what's even funnier is listening to trump supporters:

1- trump didn't say that
2- trump said it but he didn't mean it
3- trump is misunderstood
4 - you took it outta context
5- so what if he said it
6- crooked hillary
7- "fake news"
8-Trump is trolling the Libs
9-But...but...but...Obama...

Old 10-30-2019, 04:47 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Get out more. Chill out. Have a drink.
Again, this thread isn't about me. I get it though, you cant defend what you said so you have to deflect.

I get out plenty thanks, and I also enjoy the debates here so when I see what looks like someone just making up nonsense, I point it out.

Old 10-30-2019, 04:53 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,666,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Again, this thread isn't about me. I get it though, you cant defend what you said so you have to deflect.

I get out plenty thanks, and I also enjoy the debates here so when I see what looks like someone just making up nonsense, I point it out.
Dude, I never said I was right and to change the history books.

I said I read something about her running. I wasn't "debating" or anything.

I didn't make it up to get into online arguments with CD mental midgets.

Old 10-30-2019, 05:11 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,363,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Is this the official talking point to refute criticism of Trumponomics, or did you come up with that one all by yourself?
It's fine if you want to refute trumponomics, but you are only refuting common sense. Carry on.

Old 10-30-2019, 05:16 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
Hillary has the biggest lead in Vegas and she's not even running yet.
Quote:
Dude, I never said I was right and to change the history books.

I said I read something about her running. I wasn't "debating" or anything.

I didn't make it up to get into online arguments with CD mental midgets.
Have a good night.

Old 10-30-2019, 05:38 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,666,851 times
Quote:
Have a good night.
Get a life. I'm so sorry I broke CD rules according to you.

And oh, I will.

Old 11-01-2019, 01:51 PM

1,070 posts, read 391,628 times
Quote:
OK, well I'll take the word of professional odds makers who as a group have similar predictions, and have millions of dollars riding on being right over your prediction.

I'm not betting on any of it anyway. My original reason for bringing up the vegas odds is because they are a viable alternative to polls.
t206 doesn't understand Vegas betting!

Vegas odds makers set the odds - they don't necessarily bet. Once betting begins it's the bettors that set the odds

This is how it works

Old 11-01-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Get a life. I'm so sorry I broke CD rules according to you.

And oh, I will.
Welcome to the club Mister 7! - the "Club of C-D rules per t206." He complained that my punctuation/grammar wasn't 'C-D appropriate"

He doesn't make the rules - if he doesn't like the rules here he should start his own Forum

Old 11-01-2019, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
GDP growth slowed down even more to mere 1.9%.

These are numbers which Trump referred to as "garbage", "pathetic", "anemic" and "disastrous".
c'mon Finn, Trump doesn't know/remember what he said this morning. And, everything he says is a reaction to the moment.

More importantly he's like the guy who looks at a 12 oz glass w 6" of water in it and says "it's practically full" if it's his glass. If it's a Dem glass it's "almost empty"

I'm onto Trump the con=man and perpetual liar - he's comic relief

Old 11-01-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

But to keep the thread on topic, the economy basically sux.
3.5% a year stock market since this thread started - despite trillions in "goosing". GDP is up a tiny amount but most of that isn't good for the average American.

I'm not going to claim Trump created all these problems - most are long term. But he sure isn't helping them and it will take decades to recover from some of the harms he is doing...let alone fix the stuff that was already there when he took office.
Craigirl, the decline in the stock market began May 2018, the date that Trump's "easy to win China War" began. 18 months later we're still waiting for victory. mfg is in a recession, 300K jobs were lost, GDP is down .7% due to Trade War. The stock market has grown near 0% in 18 months vs. 10% per year for previous 8-9 years. Quick arithmetic says we've lost $4 trillion in the stock market. (I'm personally suing Trump for my portfolio not growing instead of the usual 10%).

Then "Perfectly Sane Genius" signed tax cut bill into law because"GDP will rise 4-5-6% for a very long time." Didn't work as intended. GDP grew from 2% to 3%....for one quarter...then it fell back to 2% and now it's 1.9%. And we're $2 trillion more in debt.

Yeah, "Trump is absolutely the greatest on the economy."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies